Brand new owner with a dead inverter. Question about annual service program.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

We just bought a 2022 LE2.  It is virtually new.  It has been hooked up to shore power in a garage for a year.  We are new to the RV thing.

It has the 630 AH option with the 3000 Xantrex.  It has been removed from shore power for one week, in bright sun during that time.  I have the lithionics app and the batteries show 100% at 14.0 V, blue on/off light is steady.  The Xantrex control head has no display, not responding to any button pushes.  The inverter itself is the same.  The Zamp solar controller is showing 14.1 V, Full, blue lightning bolt symbol off, green light on full battery.

A couple of days ago, I tried to turn on the AC.  It would not come on.  Then I noticed the microwave clock was off.  So I thought the inverter might be an issue.  I found it, and simply pushed the button in and out once or twice and it stayed on.   I did not notice whether there were fault indications on it or not.  I ran the AC as a demo for 20 min, set the clock, turned the AC off.

I came back this morning and the microwave clock is out, the inverter control head is dead again, and this time, the mashing the inverter button does nothing.

First question:  I read where people have problems with these things and solve them with a "hard reboot".  Is this next?  Or is a fuze/circuit breaker that I can't find needs to be reset.  The 25 amp inverter fuse in the panel under the table is not tripped.  I cycled it anyway. 

Second question:  Is there a menu of items that Oliver services in the annual check?  I think that service is $1000,  Would trouble shooting this be included in that service?  Does Oliver service take a question like this on the phone, or is this a Xantrex question.

Thanks a million.

ken

Ken and Sherrill, Middle TN

Elite 2, #1085

2007 GMC, 4x4, LBZ/Allison

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

You can submit a service ticket in the Owners section of this site and Oliver will get back to you. No charge for advice/help troubleshooting.

• Like 4

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

You can submit a service ticket in the Owners section of this site and Oliver will get back to you. No charge for advice/help troubleshooting.

They still promptly answer questions on my 2008. Wonderful service.

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

They already responded.  Tripped 300 amp breaker.  The flag was hiding behind a wire loom and I did not see it the first time.

Now if it will just keep working.  Had the inverter itself turn itself off once and now its breaker has tripped once. 

• Like 5

Elite 2, #1085

2 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

They still promptly answer questions on my 2008. Wonderful service.

Same here, they have always respond promptly to my questions. The only issue I've had is that I can't get a replacement VIN decal which has incorrect capacity numbers on it from them. They said it would be illegal for them to do so since the original Oliver Corp ceased to exist after the shutdown. Totally understandable, but still frustrating... 

• Sad 1

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

5 hours ago, New2Oliver said:

Second question:  Is there a menu of items that Oliver services in the annual check?  I think that service is $1000,  Would trouble shooting this be included in that service?  Does Oliver service take a question like this on the phone, or is this a Xantrex question.

Thanks a million.

ken

As of Aug, 2023... call or email and they'll send you the official list, but this is what they sent me earlier this month.

Maintenance Performed

Cost $1,600.00

Inspect & Clean A/C

1. Includes cleaning coil & filters, removing debris, test operation, & check drain system
  1. Pressurize Plumbing & Inspect
    1. Includes leak testing Fresh & City water inlets, water lines, connections & fixtures.
  2. Inspect & Test Water Heater
    1. Includes visual inspection of fixture connections & operation
    2. Inspect Anode, if equipped
    3. Inspect LP Line
  3. Decalcify Plumbing & Water Heater
    1. Decalcify plumbing lines & Fixtures to remove calcium buildup
    2. Decalcify or flush Water Heater 
  4. Inspect & Lube Blade Valves
    1. Test operation & lubricate valves
  5. Inspect & Lubricate Jacks
    1. Test operation, lubricate pivot joint, & inspect gears
  6. Repack Bearings, Inspect Brakes & Grease EZ Flex
    1. Inspect Brake components
    2. Inspect Bearings & Repack
    3. Grease EZ Flex zerks
  7. Recaulk Exterior 
    1. Clean perimeter & recaulk joints
    2. Apply lap sealant on roof for additional seal for penetration points
  8. Perform LP Pressure Test
    1. Test LP Regulator for proper pressure & lockup pressure
  9. Perform LP Timed Pressure Drop Test
    1. Test LP lines for leaks
  10. Test GFCI Receptacles
    1. Ensure GFCI operation to all receptacles
  11. Perform 7-Pin Test
    1. Inspect & Test 7-Pin function, Clean Exterior & Grease
  12. Inspect Coupler Operation
    1. Test & Lubricate Coupler
  13. Inspect Axle & Suspension
    1. Visual inspection of axle & leaf springs
  14. Check Tire Pressure & Tread Depth
  15. Inspect & Clean Window Tracks
    1. Clean window tracks for proper drainage
  16. Charge & Load Test Batteries
  17. Clean/Sanitize Fresh Tank
  • Thanks 3
  • Like 2

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

• Moderators

For what its worth - 

a few weeks ago I watched as one of the Service techs performed #8 above.  At least on the two windows I saw him working on, he was doing an excellent job.  Certainly much more through than I would have done on my own Ollie.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Tom and Doreen said:

Approximately how long does it take for the service to be done? 

I believe that the Service department takes the better part of 2 days for the complete job.

Bill

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Hopefully you solved the issue. When we picked up our Oliver in March 2022 everything was working perfectly. 2 days later while camped at David Crockett SP and plugged in, I pulled up the Lithonics App and to my dismay the batteries were down to 75+/-%. I contacted Oliver and they walked me through, locating the inverter breaker under the street side bed, on the battery wall and adjacent to the inverter. It had tripped. Re-set and all was good. 2 months later it tripped twice more. Oliver sent me a replacement and all has been good.

• Like 5

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

So far so good.  It has just been sitting in the drive.  But at least the breaker is holding.  Some of this may have been operator error.  I noted the inverter control panel instructions say the inverter switch needs to be off.  So the inverter switch has been off and I have been controlling from the wifi control panel.

Elite 2, #1085

13 hours ago, New2Oliver said:

I noted the inverter control panel instructions say the inverter switch needs to be off.  So the inverter switch has been off and I have been controlling from the wifi control panel.

That is correct.  The switch on the body of the inverter (under the street side bed) must be in the "off" position, which enables you to control the inverter from the remote panel mounted next to the pantry.  One of many things new owners must learn to manage a new Oliver !

• Like 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg