Switched trailers again!

Raspy

As some of you know, we had an Oliver LE2 for about two years.  We put on about 20,000 miles and went to the Oliver Rally twice with it from Nevada.  John Davies sent me a picture of the suspension system on an Australian style Caravan, a Black Series.  I started looking into that style trailer and ended up buying a Black Series HQ19.  We had it for a couple of years too and I did a lot of work on it.  A very capable trailer, but with quality issues and a lot heavier than the Oliver. Next Iwent to an Xplore X22 which was a nice compromise between the earlier two.  About the same weight as the Oliver, very comfortable and durable. An interesting design with an aluminum skeleton and V nose, with thick fiberglass panels for the exterior.  It also had a large lithium battery bank and I installed 660 watts of solar on the roof.  This trailer was very practical with a three burner stove, oven, a 12 volt, 10 cu ft compressor fridge, a dry bath with tankless water heater and a full sized bed.  It towed easily. It also had hydraulic suspension that raised and lowered about 8" with a remote control, large off-road tires, 12" brakes and independent torsion suspension.  I did 50 modifications to it and RVs of America did a video about the whole project and posted it on Youtube.  We also went to the OliverRally in 2021.  

Well now, we've done it again and switched to a Roamer1 from RVs of America (ROA).  This is an Explore X195 with some upgrades to make it into an R1.  It has Cruisemater independent air suspension from Australia.  Raises and lowers or tilts side to side for leveling.  No external piping, heavily insulated walls, ceiling and floor made from fiberglass insulation panels glued into large aluminum extrusions.  Large aluminum storage boxes front and rear, Isotherm compressor fridge/freezer, Truma combi heat and hot water system, 1080 amp hours of Expion 360 lithium batteries in a heated area under the bed, 1200 watts of glass solar panels on the roof, an electric induction cookstove, 60 gallons of fresh water, waterless toilet with no black tank, north/south walkaround full bed, 12 volt air conditioner that runs fine from the batteries and solar system and a McHitch articulating hitch for any off-road conditions and super easy hookup.  All in just under 7' width and overall length, hitch to bumper of about 25.5'.  This is a true, all season trailer rated to withstand -40 degrees.  Under normal conditions it may never need to be plugged in.  

We've been out camping, but not as much as previously.  I've been in a cancer treatment program for over a year and am now cancer free.  So we are heading out in a couple of weeks for an extended trip to Utah, Colorado and possibly Pennsylvania and Maine, depending on how the first leg goes.  Hoping to cross paths with some of you.   

Hwy 50 R1 PDF.png

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Care 1

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

John, glad to hear you are feeling good, and back out camping.

Enjoy that new camper.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hey buddy, glad to see an update from you, and even happier to know you are through the cancer battle. I know no matter which camper you choose to explore the country in you will have a blast. Take care of yourself and watch out for those steep drop-offs! 

😉🍻

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

• Moderators

John, good to hear from you!  Glad to hear your health is now on track.  I watched all the videos you made with Shane and your Black Series.  Enjoy that Explore!

Here we are at Quartzsite years ago - Mike

IMG_1253.thumb.jpeg.d102aed1d30257494fea6ef0f5dedcf7.jpeg

• Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

We could do that with our Ollie. Once. And not go back out. Ever. Except in pieces. 😁 

Glad to hear you're through your treatment regime successfully! That's huge. Every time you see the words "no evidence of disease" is a gift to treasure. 

Such a cool trailer. Have a blast with it. We just left the Maine coast. Check out Burnett's Campground in York if you're in the area and like seafood and ice cream. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators

John, glad to hear that you are back in the saddle and have a new toy to play with.  It looks like a great camper and certainly equipped for you style of camping, off the beaten path!

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderator+

👍🏻 

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg