Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. I purchased Eley per Patriot's recommendation about 18 months ago. They work great but the internal rubber O-rings stretch and go bad quickly (buy extras). I spent $270 with Eley (plus another $50 on the splitter, extensions and caps). We bring Camco 25' and 10' hoses ($60). The 10' hose is usually all we need at a campsite, both hoses together allows us to pump water from TV to TT when hitched. We must use rigid hoses vs. all those shrinkable kinds, since a rigid hose is required to suction water through the boondocking port. This is everything we need for camping, and yeah that's a lot of money, wow $380 total. I did not put Eley connections on the black tank rinse hose where we use a different hose. I also like these 6" extensions. They are likely the only part that is not good brass. You can find a stainless version. We don't worry since we don't drink from our tanks and lead in water affects children, not seniors. https://www.amazon.com/LIULO-TOOL-Hose-Protector-Extension/dp/B0FS1DM918/ The 6" extensions keep me from craning my neck under the hull and the fourth one connected to the splitter connects to the home or campground hose bib. You need a splitter to release pressure in the hose otherwise the Eley fittings will not easily disconnect. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CSFP66NW/ I've gotten tired of the hose seals provided with most parts and these are more solid (rubber not silicone). https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PG4BHHG/ These parts being so expensive, I could not see buying extras to cap off the Fresh, City and Boondocking ports. I just use 1" furniture leg caps. I had found white ones and they were discontinued. Now I use these simple black ones. They stay on nicely and if you loose one the 20-pack is cheap. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KVSWXD2/
  3. thanks @topgun2
  4. Today
  5. We got lucky in that just when we sold a Class C, I had said to Chris, "We need to find a travel trailer we like, something easy to tow and good on the backroads of Arizona!" Next day I opened prescott.craigslist.org and there she was, Hull #113. Where in Colorado? We travel through often, so perhaps we could meet up to buy that basket someday! Or come by Quartzsite the last week of Jan when about 10 of us Oliver owners get together. I've also got for sale 4 brand new Nev-R Lube hubs (complete with bearings and drums) and two sets of left-right brake assemblies, for those who like to travel with spare parts ready! Lastly, there's another current thread on what features a 2027 or future Oliver should have. Take a look at Dean and Mary's signature under "After Market." Now that's a PLATINUM +++ Package! Why has OTT never considered an integrated Victron package? We can look at the mods section to see that some 10+ owners have removed a working Xantrex inverter to replace it with a Victron Multiplus.
  6. Nice place! Bill
  7. Be careful out there on the way back to the "Mothership". See you soon. Bill
  8. The Oliver Travel Trailer for Sale Facebook page is actually where I found and purchased my used 2022 Oliver Elite II. I really like the idea JD mentioned about having a dedicated used‑parts section. The Oliver Facebook page doesn’t allow used parts to be listed, and while Oliver parts can be posted on Facebook Marketplace, having a specific section or page just for Oliver accessories/parts would be a great addition. I have, for sale, the solid aluminum front basket you are looking for JD, but I am not interested in shipping it. I also have a working Xantrex 3,000 inverter, a Seabiscuit rear storage rack etc.... If only there was a place to list the used accessories.
  9. Bandit’s Roost COE Wilkesboro NC, we like the lake and mountain drives, too.
  10. This morning I hit the road east-bound... it's a sad day as I turn around after many weeks of joy in my Oliver. I'm looking forward to seeing many fellow Oliver owners in Alabama. Bon voyage to all who are Rally-bound! as seen on my way to dinner with family last night in Colorado....
  11. I used Eley Hose quick disconnects. I have used Eley products for around 15 years. They are superb products although expensive. I used the hose leader as shown above to hook to the RV Hose bib. Then the other side is the Female Quick disconnect. I have 3 different hoses of differing lengths with the quick disconnect fittings on them. I have a 2 stage filter with dial pressure regulator and eley shutoff valve and Eley quick disconnects. Finally the city water, Fresh water, and boondock fill all have the Male disconnects on them. I removed the screw in stoppers and connected 1" rubber Chair leg Caps to the chains to seal the male quick disconnects. With all of the disconnects I am able to connect everything up in just a couple of minutes. I do have to lean over for about 10 seconds, but that's it. Sorry for the upside down picture. Just an Eley plug. We have 2 acres, and we bought 2 Eley hose reels with one with 175 ft hose and the other 200 ft. (My wife does want automatic sprinklers) I went through several $150 reels lasting a couple of years each before failing before finding Eley. All of my hoses have Eley shutoffs and sprinkler accessories all have Eley quick disconnects. Everything Eley is 5/8" inside diameter all the way through and my hose bibs are 3/4" with 1' pipe feed from the well. I have never had a problem with any Eley products. In the long run, I have saved money on not replacing hoses and reels on a regular basis.
  12. Yesterday
  13. another solution: quick release Many options for quick release parts are available. Below is an example. You should do your own research. Be sure to find solid brass without lead content. The parts I have are all brass, do not have O rings and have never leaked. https://www.amazon.com/VEASEER-Connect-Connector-No-Leak-Fittings/dp/B0B1DK7RRT/ref=asc_df_B0B1DK7RRT?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80195839596703&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=86946&hvtargid=pla-4583795319923287&hvocijid=3404890068333995373-B0B1DK7RRT-&hvexpln=0&th=1
  14. Because of the location of the water fill connection I find it difficult to attach the typical RV water hose without cross threading it a few times. The hose is too flexible to get it aligned easily. The solution I found is a hose leader from DeWalt, it has a ridged section that makes alignment easier. The leader is not approved for RV water systems, so I don’t use it on the city water connection, it’s just to fill the tank. Before connecting, I purge it for a few minutes to hopefully remove any residual chemicals.
  15. Not sure what a screen way up inside the pipe accomplishes. There's already a valve to keep critters from reaching the tank. A screen right at the outlet would make more sense, to keep wasps, etc. out of the tube.
  16. I could see making it easier for buyers of used Olivers working against the buying of a new Oliver.
  17. Assuming a sales pace of 50 units per year at $150,000 per, it will take 1.78 years to recoup a $2,000,000 capital investment with a a 15% net margin. To break even on the investment, you need to sell 89 units in total (88.89 units exactly).
  18. This forum should be the Go-To spot for buying and selling used Olivers, and even promoting new Olivers. The forum is the learning place for prospective buyers. They should be able to shop here too.
  19. In our years living in Hawaii, I never saw an RV park or RV camping area. Is this just traveling or camping in your Oliver? Mike
  20. That is a great thing being able to talk to someone. Difficult with the Dometic
  21. Last week
  22. In your Ollie?
  23. This is Where We Have Been So far.
  24. We have the Houghton (12V) on our 2027 Elite II. Although we do not have anything to compare it to, the Houghton seemed very quiet. You know it is on, but we could easily hold a conversation while it was running.
  25. I agree but would double jd's numbers. We have 640 Ah Lithionics. I feel i have maybe 5 hours of ac, maybe a bit more but unless you have the capability to recharge, you wont have sufficient power for the rest of your trip. 400 watts of solar probably will take a very, very long time to recharge given your power draw for lights, fridge, etc. I have the truma aventa ac.
  26. Richard's experience and data runs pretty much in line with mine. He has 520 Ahs and running the Dometic P2 for 2 hours uses 50% or 260 Ah which comes to 130 Ah per hour. I measured a constant -150A draw in the heat of the summer. Richard is doing this in the fall which is much less hot out, so the compressor is cycling some using 15% less power (150A/130A = 1.15). So yes, you can run A/C, but with any standard (on-off) compressor A/C, it would be for a very short period of time. Another item to notice is the soft-start requirement. Variable speed A/C does not need Soft-Start since they start soft by design, can run easily on the 2KW inverter or generator too. Any A/C can run on a 3KW inverter, but to truly have air-conditioning, the system has to be able to cool the cabin for the period of time for your comfort. Several times, we just want to cool the cabin for a few hours in the afternoon, after being out for the day, coming home to a hot cabin at 3 PM. I turn it on "Turbo" for about 20 minutes, then to Cool-Auto Fan. The fan drops down in speed and gets quiet. After 7 PM it cools down outside and we open the windows later. I have found with the Chill Cube variable-speed A/C we can do daily and our SOC drops by only 10% (90 Ah). And the next sunny day our solar can recharge that 10% loss, or the next time we're towing the Dc-DC charger will restore SOC%. With the 3KW inverter, we can also run anything else electric (e.g. the Air Fryer) while running the A/C. So @Ken_Judy you need to upgrade from AGM to Lithium. Wanting A/C is more about upgrading your A/C vs. your inverter. To reach your goal of having A/C when unplugged, to do it right you want all the Ah possible, the variable speed A/C and the 3KW inverter.
  27. We updated our Dometic last year when Oliver was giving a deal on the Truma Adventa units. My wife hated to spend the money, but she was happy after the unit was installed. We have a Lagun table, so it has become the table we eat at, play cards, and holds drinks and snacks while we watch Movies. The difference was incredible. We can carry on a normal conversation without raising our voices sitting on the beds at the Lagun table. Watching a movie is no problem. Sleeping with the AC on is a little loud, reminds me of staying at hotels with the AC units in the wall. you don't really notice them until all is quiet. As @Boudicca908 said there is information about different AC units on the forum. Some have even included -dB noise levels.
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information