All Activity
- Past hour
-
Used Oliver advertisements Return to the Oliver Forum
jd1923 replied to dewdev's topic in General Discussion
We got lucky in that just when we sold a Class C, I had said to Chris, "We need to find a travel trailer we like, something easy to tow and good on the backroads of Arizona!" Next day I opened prescott.craigslist.org and there she was, Hull #113. Where in Colorado? We travel through often, so perhaps we could meet up to buy that basket someday! Or come by Quartzsite the last week of Jan when about 10 of us Oliver owners get together. I've also got for sale 4 brand new Nev-R Lube hubs (complete with bearings and drums) and two sets of left-right brake assemblies, for those who like to travel with spare parts ready! Lastly, there's another current thread on what features a 2027 or future Oliver should have. Take a look at Dean and Mary's signature under "After Market." Now that's a PLATINUM +++ Package! Why has OTT never considered an integrated Victron package? We can look at the mods section to see that some 10+ owners have removed a working Xantrex inverter to replace it with a Victron Multiplus. -
Nice place! Bill
-
Be careful out there on the way back to the "Mothership". See you soon. Bill
- Today
-
Used Oliver advertisements Return to the Oliver Forum
Dean and Mary replied to dewdev's topic in General Discussion
The Oliver Travel Trailer for Sale Facebook page is actually where I found and purchased my used 2022 Oliver Elite II. I really like the idea JD mentioned about having a dedicated used‑parts section. The Oliver Facebook page doesn’t allow used parts to be listed, and while Oliver parts can be posted on Facebook Marketplace, having a specific section or page just for Oliver accessories/parts would be a great addition. I have, for sale, the solid aluminum front basket you are looking for JD, but I am not interested in shipping it. I also have a working Xantrex 3,000 inverter, a Seabiscuit rear storage rack etc.... If only there was a place to list the used accessories. -
-
This morning I hit the road east-bound... it's a sad day as I turn around after many weeks of joy in my Oliver. I'm looking forward to seeing many fellow Oliver owners in Alabama. Bon voyage to all who are Rally-bound! as seen on my way to dinner with family last night in Colorado....
-
2008RN started following Water Fill Connection
-
I used Eley Hose quick disconnects. I have used Eley products for around 15 years. They are superb products although expensive. I used the hose leader as shown above to hook to the RV Hose bib. Then the other side is the Female Quick disconnect. I have 3 different hoses of differing lengths with the quick disconnect fittings on them. I have a 2 stage filter with dial pressure regulator and eley shutoff valve and Eley quick disconnects. Finally the city water, Fresh water, and boondock fill all have the Male disconnects on them. I removed the screw in stoppers and connected 1" rubber Chair leg Caps to the chains to seal the male quick disconnects. With all of the disconnects I am able to connect everything up in just a couple of minutes. I do have to lean over for about 10 seconds, but that's it. Sorry for the upside down picture. Just an Eley plug. We have 2 acres, and we bought 2 Eley hose reels with one with 175 ft hose and the other 200 ft. (My wife does want automatic sprinklers) I went through several $150 reels lasting a couple of years each before failing before finding Eley. All of my hoses have Eley shutoffs and sprinkler accessories all have Eley quick disconnects. Everything Eley is 5/8" inside diameter all the way through and my hose bibs are 3/4" with 1' pipe feed from the well. I have never had a problem with any Eley products. In the long run, I have saved money on not replacing hoses and reels on a regular basis.
- Yesterday
-
taylor.coyote started following Water Fill Connection
-
another solution: quick release Many options for quick release parts are available. Below is an example. You should do your own research. Be sure to find solid brass without lead content. The parts I have are all brass, do not have O rings and have never leaked. https://www.amazon.com/VEASEER-Connect-Connector-No-Leak-Fittings/dp/B0B1DK7RRT/ref=asc_df_B0B1DK7RRT?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80195839596703&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=86946&hvtargid=pla-4583795319923287&hvocijid=3404890068333995373-B0B1DK7RRT-&hvexpln=0&th=1
-
-
Because of the location of the water fill connection I find it difficult to attach the typical RV water hose without cross threading it a few times. The hose is too flexible to get it aligned easily. The solution I found is a hose leader from DeWalt, it has a ridged section that makes alignment easier. The leader is not approved for RV water systems, so I don’t use it on the city water connection, it’s just to fill the tank. Before connecting, I purge it for a few minutes to hopefully remove any residual chemicals.
-
Fresh Water Tank Overflow Condition
Steph and Dud B replied to Wayfinder's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
Not sure what a screen way up inside the pipe accomplishes. There's already a valve to keep critters from reaching the tank. A screen right at the outlet would make more sense, to keep wasps, etc. out of the tube. -
Used Oliver advertisements Return to the Oliver Forum
HDRider replied to dewdev's topic in General Discussion
I could see making it easier for buyers of used Olivers working against the buying of a new Oliver. -
Looks like a new model ‘Coming Soon’
HDRider replied to DanielBoondock's topic in General Discussion
Assuming a sales pace of 50 units per year at $150,000 per, it will take 1.78 years to recoup a $2,000,000 capital investment with a a 15% net margin. To break even on the investment, you need to sell 89 units in total (88.89 units exactly). -
Looks like a new model ‘Coming Soon’
HDRider replied to DanielBoondock's topic in General Discussion
Yep -
Used Oliver advertisements Return to the Oliver Forum
HDRider replied to dewdev's topic in General Discussion
This forum should be the Go-To spot for buying and selling used Olivers, and even promoting new Olivers. The forum is the learning place for prospective buyers. They should be able to shop here too. -
In our years living in Hawaii, I never saw an RV park or RV camping area. Is this just traveling or camping in your Oliver? Mike
-
CCAustin joined the community
-
That is a great thing being able to talk to someone. Difficult with the Dometic
-
James schuck joined the community
- Last week
-
In your Ollie?
-
-
We have the Houghton (12V) on our 2027 Elite II. Although we do not have anything to compare it to, the Houghton seemed very quiet. You know it is on, but we could easily hold a conversation while it was running.
-
Running A/C off new large lithium battery
FloraFauna replied to Ken_Judy's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
I agree but would double jd's numbers. We have 640 Ah Lithionics. I feel i have maybe 5 hours of ac, maybe a bit more but unless you have the capability to recharge, you wont have sufficient power for the rest of your trip. 400 watts of solar probably will take a very, very long time to recharge given your power draw for lights, fridge, etc. I have the truma aventa ac. -
Running A/C off new large lithium battery
jd1923 replied to Ken_Judy's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
Richard's experience and data runs pretty much in line with mine. He has 520 Ahs and running the Dometic P2 for 2 hours uses 50% or 260 Ah which comes to 130 Ah per hour. I measured a constant -150A draw in the heat of the summer. Richard is doing this in the fall which is much less hot out, so the compressor is cycling some using 15% less power (150A/130A = 1.15). So yes, you can run A/C, but with any standard (on-off) compressor A/C, it would be for a very short period of time. Another item to notice is the soft-start requirement. Variable speed A/C does not need Soft-Start since they start soft by design, can run easily on the 2KW inverter or generator too. Any A/C can run on a 3KW inverter, but to truly have air-conditioning, the system has to be able to cool the cabin for the period of time for your comfort. Several times, we just want to cool the cabin for a few hours in the afternoon, after being out for the day, coming home to a hot cabin at 3 PM. I turn it on "Turbo" for about 20 minutes, then to Cool-Auto Fan. The fan drops down in speed and gets quiet. After 7 PM it cools down outside and we open the windows later. I have found with the Chill Cube variable-speed A/C we can do daily and our SOC drops by only 10% (90 Ah). And the next sunny day our solar can recharge that 10% loss, or the next time we're towing the Dc-DC charger will restore SOC%. With the 3KW inverter, we can also run anything else electric (e.g. the Air Fryer) while running the A/C. So @Ken_Judy you need to upgrade from AGM to Lithium. Wanting A/C is more about upgrading your A/C vs. your inverter. To reach your goal of having A/C when unplugged, to do it right you want all the Ah possible, the variable speed A/C and the 3KW inverter. -
We updated our Dometic last year when Oliver was giving a deal on the Truma Adventa units. My wife hated to spend the money, but she was happy after the unit was installed. We have a Lagun table, so it has become the table we eat at, play cards, and holds drinks and snacks while we watch Movies. The difference was incredible. We can carry on a normal conversation without raising our voices sitting on the beds at the Lagun table. Watching a movie is no problem. Sleeping with the AC on is a little loud, reminds me of staying at hotels with the AC units in the wall. you don't really notice them until all is quiet. As @Boudicca908 said there is information about different AC units on the forum. Some have even included -dB noise levels.
-
Running A/C off new large lithium battery
dewdev replied to Ken_Judy's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
@Ken_Judy I had my 2018 hull #354 Elite II last fall upgraded with lithion batteries. The existing 4 AGM batteries were removed and the old Xantrex 2000 inverter was removed, since it did not have a switch to allow lithion batteries. Four 130 ah Lithionic batteries and a Xantrex Freedom XC 3000 Pro Inverter-charger was installed. The battery wiring did not need to be replaced as they were the correct size. The existing charger was left in place but the charger wires were removed and its existing AC and DC breakers-fuses are still utilized. No other hardwear was required to be installed. I can run the Dometic AC (with it soft starter) utilizing the inverter in the on position. If fact, I use the AC to bring the batteries down do 50% prior to removing them for the witner months. This takes about 2 hours + to get from 100% to 50%. To run the AC for longer time periods would require either more ah battery capacity or a standby generator to charge the batteries or connected to AC to charge the batteries. -
I rarely use my AC, due to the noise level. I’m not quite ready to change out my unit, but I hope to personally hear various new units, whether they are standard installs from OTT or upgrades by individual owners. This summer I was surprised by the quiet operation of the Chill Cube installed by @jd1923 in his refurbished Oliver. There are some notes in the forum about different new AC systems, but I think these notes are scattered around.
