Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 04/18/2017 in all areas

  1. I added a new little blog if y'all wanna take a look at it. I am looking to add more ideas, steps or improvements if you have any suggestions - lay them on me. http://olivertraveltrailers.com/travel-trailers-preparation-spring/ Thanks! Jason
    5 points
  2. To be quite frank, our volunteer "job" as moderators, isn't fun, sometimes. Once in awhile, people , comments, and things just don't work. This is one of the few instances I can remember where someone didn't heed warnings and PM's, and the mod board actually had to invoke the undesirable option. It's definitely not our first option, nor taken lightly. But, it's a group, communal decision. Just because Pete posted, he was not alone. We always communicate. No one on the mod board acts alone, except in the case of foreign spammers. Sherry
    5 points
  3. There are basic forum etiquette rules that most forums follow and enforce. Mostly common sense - don't constantly highjack threads, don't post extraneous information, don't consider your opinion or preferences as the only way, don't engage in personal attacks, leave politics and religion at the door. Let's get back to the business of exchanging information, assisting and encouraging each other and enjoying the Oliver experience. Mike
    4 points
  4. Issue: Galley drawers sliding out during transit Potential Models Impacted: 2016-2017 Information: The current blum slides being used were implemented during the 2016 model year. We have since seen three issues where a kitchen galley drawer has come loose during transit. The blum stays attached to the drawer slide and pulls loose from the drawer itself. Resolution: Process change in the way the drawer is built as well as longer screws being used to ensure this issue does not continue. What Should you do: At this time we have only seen or been made aware of three instances where this has happened. We have the same slides and design in about 127 units. If the issue occurs, please contact our service department at 866-205-2621 so we can assist with the resolution.
    4 points
  5. BugBite has broken proper forum decorum again. The time for talking and discussion is over and the "BugBite" membership should be deleted by end of business today. Any return to the forums under another name and continuance of similar behavior will have a similar result. This is a place for supporting and generally uplifting one another in our desire to get out in nature with our wonderful campers. We may not always agree with each other (families are like that) but, in the end, our goal is to help each other learn how to make the best use of our trailers and to venture forth safely, and HAVE FUN! Let's keep it that way.
    3 points
  6. You guys did great, and you're all great moderators. I never got the chance to see the post and that's for the best. I just wanted to say thanks to you all because it just wasn't right to let her keep taking every topic down some twisted, insult filled road. We really appreciate you guys and gals as our Moderators. Can you delete all of the tags that she put on Bob's thread? Thanks Again, Reed & Karen
    3 points
  7. I have to say that you all handled that very well. I have been lurking here for months appreciating the vast amount of knowledge shared within this forum. I often cringed at the posts by Bugbite and wondered if this most recent one would finally be the proverbial nail in the coffin. Thanks for keeping this place one of mutual respect and free idea sharing. Rodney
    3 points
  8. C12, When we took delivery of Twist a little over a year ago, it had rained HARD for about 30 hours. Certainly this was not the most desirable, but it really didn't hurt the delivery experience (other than getting our nice clean Elite II a bit dirty right off the bat). All of the important stuff is done under cover and at your first set-up there are more than enough hands around so that you will not even get very damp. Have a great time and enjoy the experience. Bill
    3 points
  9. Thanks, Reed and Karen. I removed the tags from Bob's thread. Sherry
    2 points
  10. We spent the holiday weekend with family at this little known national monument park in Bradenton. Paul and I have been anchoring here for over thirty years. Dog friendly beach, interpretive center, nature trail, and even free guided kayak tours in some seasons. Mostly locals, so not as crowded as other places. No camping here, but lake manatee state park is a little over a half hour away. Sherry
    2 points
  11. Reed, I know your a Mercedes guy, but maybe you want to look at one of these, maybe they make a white one. Otherwise, >I'd have to think they might they might be right up John's alley. Edit- almost forgot Overland wanted an SUV and not a pickup....
    2 points
  12. Thanks, I know that was an action that you guys were reluctant to take. But honestly, given the screen name and textbook methods, there were times I suspected that we had become involuntary subjects in some weird psychology experiment.
    2 points
  13. Agree. We don't usually delete posts, but I just did. This is Canoe12's thread on his pick up experience, let's get back on topic. Mike
    2 points
  14. and for Things That Go Bump in the Night? I've been looking at various lights and have pretty much decided on the very highly rated Fenix PD35 1000 lumen tactical light. It is compact and powerful with a 1 inch diameter housing, so it will clip into one (or two) of the stick-on "broom holders" close to the doorway, where it will be very quick to access. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DR9GWX0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1X5H11EH41351&coliid=I1AYROSZRRV96L Great info here, full review at the bottom. .... https://www.yourbestdigs.com/reviews/the-best-rechargeable-flashlight/ Comments? Do you have a dedicated security light or do you just use a small pocket one? If you do have a light attached to a wall, where did you mount it? I have two different smaller Fenix lights and I am a huge fan. They really are great lights. I plan to keep my shotgun stored in the closet, so a good tactical light clipped nearby would be a great companion to it. Thanks for any suggestions or pictures. I leave in three weeks for Hole-in-the-Wall TN to pick up my Ollie and I am getting really psyched up! John Davies Spokane WA
    1 point
  15. Hi Jason, Thank you for initiating a very helpful blog! The following ideas may be of help. 1. I have the EZ-Flex installed so I add grease to each fitting. 2. I like to inspect the metal connections on the 7-pin trailer connector and treat with Permatex dielectric grease. 3. To lessen the work involved in removing dead bugs from the front of the trailer, I treat with CorrosionX 61002 Rejex. 4. To minimize any issues with the four exterior locks, I treat each cylinder with AGS LE5 Lock Ease. 5. To lessen any issues with the black and grey tank valves, I treat with Cameo 40246 TST Drain Valve Lube. 6. I use a new Cameo 40043 TastePURE Water Filter each spring. 7. After a harsh New England winter, I inspect each porch light gasket and treat with Captain Tolley’s Creeping Crack Cure. 8. I use Boeshield T-9 Waterproof Lubrication to protect the rims against corrosion. It also helps lubricate the front steps, door hinges and window slides. I could keep going, but at least this is a few additional ideas regarding my spring prep routine. Buzzy
    1 point
  16. Thanks, we are close. Within 500 miles and a day to go. We wanted to 'scoot-a long' while the sun was shining, especially with interstate construction. Boy, the south must be almost empty with all the snowbirds we have seen fleeing home.
    1 point
  17. I keep an app called "Legal Heat" with me. It is constantly updated and fairly simple to use. With regards to flashlights - why is it that they are never exactly where you need them? Scubarx's searchlight is really cool but you got to remember to turn it on. I've got a couple of headlamps but they tend to have fairly limited scope as compared to the Fenix John mentions. At night I always try to have a small Fenix in my pocket and keep one by on the nightstand. Bill
    1 point
  18. I get a new one of these every year and keep it in the truck. https://www.amazon.com/dp/097254898X/?tag=mh0b-20&hvadid=77653023178595&hvqmt=b&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=t&ref=pd_sl_gdzntbz8n_b
    1 point
  19. Thanks all. To me camping doesn't come with cement or lazer level sites. If I did I guess I would camp someplace in the panhandle of Florida. We have blocks, chocks, slinkys, and I am sure friendly neighbors to get us where we will need to be. Thanks for removing the 'thorn'. My private messages won't be on ignore. Thank you...
    1 point
  20. As I was sitting in the car waiting for Karen to get her refills, I watched most of the movie, pretty cool :) I need a new plow truck for the snow next, I wonder.... :)
    1 point
  21. Congratulations Bob and family :) You guys will have a great time with the Oliver crew and at Fall Hollow. We really enjoyed our stay there and ended up staying a few extra days just to get settled in. The one tip that I can think of is that you will want a sewer slinky and a length of Rhinoflex is a lot nicer then the sewer hose that comes with it. If you don't have a slinky then it's an uphill battle to the hole and poses that problem. Other then that, you guys will have a great time. We ran for a couple days there with the shore power shut off just to learn the Solar. If you bought the wet cell T105's then make sure that the Zamp controller is set to wet. It comes set to AGM from the factory. Also be sure to check your propane valves and if you bought the 30lb tanks, they are about half full from Oliver. Enjoy your new home away from home you guys :) https://www.amazon.com/Camco-43051-Sidewinder-Plastic-Support/dp/B000BUU5WW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492401077&sr=8-1&keywords=Rv+Sewer+slinky
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • StayCalmJourneyOn earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • ccevans6 earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • BluegrassRetiredChick earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • BluegrassRetiredChick earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • joman earned a badge
      One Year In
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Year In
    • carpenter went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Powderkeg11 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      First Post
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Gene G. earned a badge
      One Year In
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information