Jump to content

mossemi

Moderators
  • Posts

    1,818
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

Everything posted by mossemi

  1. It's the same with my battery jump box. Sharing is caring! Mossey
  2. Since that price is for the bare tool only, I doubt it's a bunch cheaper. Since I'm not an old Milwaukee guy, just a Milwaukee guy and do not own an DeWalt tools, I did buy a Viair several years back. And the only time I needed it was to help a neighboring camper air up his bicycle tires. Mossey
  3. I have been a Campendium user for several years. Last year they changed their membership policy and I added Roadtripper to my account. Roadtripper is a trip planning app. Roadpass is the key to enter into their premium membership program features. I use Campendium to find campgrounds and Roadtripper to plan my route and find things of interest along the way. Is it worth the money? I try not to help people spend their money so I won’t say, but I will renew my membership next month. After all, someone has to stimulate the economy. Mossey
  4. @Snackchaser WOW! Great write up and execution. Thank you! Mossey
  5. I replaced the vanity towel bar/access cover with a marine hatch as several others have done. I used screws and nylon insert lock nuts to mount my hatch. If you follow @Frank C's installation and reuse the original vanity towel bar/access cover, I don't think you can beat his use of U nuts. I wish he had completed his version before I did mine, because I prefer his method! Mossey
  6. I thought you and rich.dev were discussing plusnuts installed in fiberglass. Mossemi
  7. I experimented with these on a scrape of OTT fiberglass for a mod I had in mind. I used a long bolt a couple of nuts and a pair of wrenches to crush them. I believe they are a worthy product for an anchor/mounting point in or outside of an Ollie. I still haven’t completed it, but it’s still on the list Mossey
  8. I was reading Galway Girl's Blog about their DC System upgrade and found another pipe flange installed on the interior top of the SS wheel well. I still don’t know why it’s there, unless I have missed someone’s response to that question, but Ronbrink's is not a 1 of mystery. Mossey @Ronbrink's picture @Galway Girl's picture
  9. I'm adding rear axle and cargo/payload number to my original reply! Rear axle = 3.55 Cargo/payload = 1637 lbs. Mossey
  10. Are you going to be first to post a picture of a feline traveling companion? Mossey
  11. Are you sure you didn’t use some for backing on your fly reel? Mossey
  12. Congratulations! Sounds like you found an RV that is more suitable to your camping style. We are looking forward to your reports of some of your new camping adventures. And please remember that you are always welcome to join us! Mossey
  13. She looks comfortable. Is she a toy or a miniature? Mossey
  14. Nick at Providence Canyon SP in Georgia. Mossey
  15. @HDRider 2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, pulling hull 193 Mossey
  16. @Mark and Lorraine I find the variety of solutions among Ollie owners to the same need or issue, to be truly amazing! Very nice mod. Mossey
  17. Very nice mod with a simple approach and excellent results! Thanks for sharing. Mossey
  18. I sometimes find hard to locate items on the web by using a picture search on the Google search engine. Mossey
  19. @Danno and Donna This YouTube link is to a Victron video about burning up an alternator while charging lithium batteries. It is about 4 years old and caused quite a bit of controversy at the time. Mossey
  20. When I was a working man, the best 4G download speeds I ever saw was 78 Mbps. I never see a 4G or 5G signal strength reading while connected to WiFi on my iPhone. Try turning WiFi off and then check your 'bars'. Mossey
  21. Chris and Cherie of Technomadia and Mobile Internet Resources were early Oliver Elite owners. They moved from a Tab to an Elite before OTT's temporary shutdown and the sold it and moved to a large RV. They are a great resource for mobile connectivity. Mossey
  22. I just searched for them and they are available at Amazon and they are also available on eBay at a much better price. Search for "SOUTHCO C3-805" Mossey
  23. I did this mod in 2019 and Oliver used the same latches a little differently than I did with their version. The latches I used, had a 5 pound pull. The initial latches I tried had an 8 pound pull which was too much. Mossemi
  24. I see that @mountainoliver is a lot faster than I am so there is a lot of duplication in my response. I follow Oliver’s lead for hardware mounting, such as the water pump and or accumulator tank. Although Oliver uses a composite material that is available in larger sheets, I usually use big box stores line of PVC lumber. You can choose from a wide variety of dimensional PVC lumber and put 2 different pieces side by side as needed. After I have decided what size boards I need for the equipment to be mounted, I will determine the location for mounting. Using the top of the wheel well as an example, I will draw an outline of the mounting board on the Reflectix insulation and remove the Reflectix by cutting and scraping to provide a clean surface for J-B Weld epoxy. I like the 10 oz. size, it’s cheaper and stores pretty well. I will roughen the side of the PVC lumber that will be epoxied down, hoping to create better adhesion. I add some weight to the top and let the epoxy cure. Flat surfaces like the top of the wheel well is pretty easy, whereas vertical surfaces are more difficult. Mossey
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information