Emptying the Holding Tanks in an Oliver

Posted (edited)

Got to love the flat tank design of the Oliver! The Sunoco at Cedar City UT offers free dump station plus potable water with any fill-up. You have to back in slightly uphill to the facilities.

Empty Holding Tanks.jpg

Edited by jd1923
Edited pic
  • Like 3
  • Wow 2

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
2 hours ago, jd1923 said:

The Sunoco at Cedar City UT offers free dump station plus potable water with any fill-up.

We sure would like to see that catch on across the country....

• Like 4

Smallmap.png.d17a029e6120e02125f6c41a599aa915.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

3 hours ago, MAX Burner said:

We sure would like to see that catch on across the country....

That would be a game changer 

• Like 2

2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

8 hours ago, jd1923 said:

You have to back in slightly uphill to the facilities.

I always make use of the Air-Lift system on my TV when the Oliver takes a dump; especially beneficial when on an uphill grade. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt

1 hour ago, HDRider said:

That would be a game changer 

I think Camping World offers free dump services.  Not as convenient as a gas station, but just fyi, at least one in Oregon offers that.  

John

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

We do not have a dump station within a 20 min drive of my house in South Nashville. SO I am always trying to keep the kids and wife from using the toilet once we leave our last RV campsite with sewage connection. A real pain when I get home stressing how to empty and/or lubricate the tank valves, etc. Future plans are to connect a clean-out just outside the garage for a sewage dump station at the house. Along with 30 amp service at some point. 

I have used a Rv sewage macerator to empty the tanks once or twice. It will move things along pretty well even up hill. But it is a hassle and is only used when I have to do something to the system.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HRMYLC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by rideadeuce
  • Like 2

- Mike

Nashville, TN

2018 Elite II - Spirit of Adventure Hull #308  - Toyota Tundra 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, John Welte said:

I think Camping World offers free dump services.

Yes, if they have the facilities.

After all - they have to get their reputation for "good service" from somewhere.😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rideadeuce said:

I have used a Rv sewage macerator to empty the tanks once or twice. It will move things along pretty well even up hill. But it is a hassle and is only used when I have to do something to the system.

That's what I use every time I'm not on an extended trip. I can take my time at home, and rinse the black tank several times. Disconnected I can point the nose at the sky to get every drop out. No messy dump stations, no long lines, and no burst hoses. (There was a long back up at David Crockett State Park when we picked up our trailer as someone's hose burst during black tank dumping.)

EDIT: I do not recommend the 45° fitting shown with the swivels. Both ends leaked between the orange and translucent parts. 🤢
I've also stopped using the gate on the end of the 10" extension. Without it, I can get the 45° fitting and pump a little closer to the trailer, allowing the nose to go a bit higher before the motor touches the ground.

IMG_9249.thumb.jpeg.2c164b84de9c9e9799a2db947060c319.jpeg

Edited by Steve Morris
  • Like 6

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

2 hours ago, Ronbrink said:

I always make use of the Air-Lift system on my TV when the Oliver takes a dump; especially beneficial when on an uphill grade. 

Air-lift would be nice! Without it I bring ramps. At this location, I started at 7" down (reading on the LevelMate) to 3"+. Surprised to get 10" net, but you can see it in resulting the TV angle, since the drive was lower at the front wheels of the TV.

We had a free dump station just down the street from home. What was for decades, our local "Affinity RV" became "Blue Compass RV" last year and they charge $10 to use the dump station.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, jd1923 said:

free dump station plus potable water with any fill-up. You have to back in slightly uphill to the facilities.

I do the same thing.  image.png.f484e32258829baf86757d513076cdc5.png

With air bags, it also helps to get-er-nose high!

GJ

• Like 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, rideadeuce said:

I am always trying to keep the kids and wife from using the toilet once we leave our last RV campsite with sewage connection.

We do the same to the extent possible; rather than soiling a cleaned black tank we found an alternative, used to line the wet bath head. However, if the drive home is several days with nightly boondocks then a trip to a local dump station is warranted once home.

IMG_5606.thumb.png.7871ad52a6260114817911c0a8da7657.png

Edited by Ronbrink
  • Like 2

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt

10 hours ago, rideadeuce said:

Future plans are to connect a clean-out just outside the garage for a sewage dump station at the house. Along with 30 amp service at some point. 

This is a game changing plan you've got!  

We did the same thing - just make sure you've got good quality dump hoses.  After a couple of disaster dumps at our place, we've got the CAMCO Rhino hoses and haven't looked back ever since.  We can dump from either inside the shop or from the driveway - no issues.  Plus the 30amp service box on the outside shop wall allows visitors to use their AC in during warmer months in Placitas.

You'll be a happy camper when this plan is executed, brother!

• 2022 TUNDRA

1 hour ago, MAX Burner said:

This is a game changing plan you've got!  

We did the same thing - just make sure you've got good quality dump hoses.

For sure, good plan @rideadeuce if you are able to do so, on your property. I pulled a Class-A into this spot several times, but after the shed that maneuver may not work. Found a used 10x20' Tuff-Shed 4-5 years ago for $4K and only $400 to bring it home (tipped the guy another C-note and these cost ~$12K today). We ran 125' of 8 AWG (correct gauge for 30A at this length) direct burial cable. Added a sub-panel for lights and power in the shed as well. LOVE doing electrical work, residential or automotive 12VDC!

Have shore power, when we need (mostly in the summer for A/C) and when we return from a trip, everything in the bed of the TV goes into the shed on commercial pallet racking. We are coded for gray water into a gravel bed, but it's on the edge of our 3/4 acre within the city of Prescott. Not going to have our own dump, but very happy as-is. Love when a project is done! Pretty pic to follow...

Oliver light Jan snow.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Yes, if they have the facilities.

After all - they have to get their reputation for "good service" from somewhere.😉

I see what you did there… and approve.🤐

• Thanks 1

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

Thats cool about the Shell station. i know Camping World has free dump, not all have dumps.  Here in Ohio the Pilot /  Flying J  are shutting down dumps.  You would think with the explosion with camping in the last 5 to 10 yrs. it feels like there is less free dump.. i dont mine paying if you can find it. We always dump before leaving CG.  It just seems like when you need one can’t find one..

• Like 1

2022 Elite I  # 1179  |  2024 Tundra SR5 4x4 Crewmax. 5.5 ft. Bed. 3.31gears 10 spd.trans

10 hours ago, jd1923 said:

Pretty pic to follow...

Still a bit of the white stuff in Prescott?  Cool project, for sure...  We've got dibs on that spot, ha!

• 2022 TUNDRA

4 hours ago, MAX Burner said:

Still a bit of the white stuff in Prescott?  Cool project, for sure...  We've got dibs on that spot, ha!

Heck no, getting home from our trip, we are knee-high in weeds, weedwhackers going. Art, whenever you visit, yes that is your spot. I'd move ours to a less level spot w/o shore power. Not much in level land here. Here is a picture take just now from the other direction, our living room window. Five years ago, Adam and I hand-excavated the 10x20' yard area to allow the shed to be level, with pickaxes, shovels and rakes.

Oliver at shed.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jd1923 said:

with pickaxes, shovels and rakes.

...and maybe a Pulaski or two?

• Haha 1

• 2022 TUNDRA