New Owner Hull #484

Hello all,

In mid April purchased 2019 LE II, Hull 484. Looking forward to continue to learn as much as possible on these forums about the maintenance of our trailer and modifications everyone has done. 

• Like 6

2019 LE II, Hull #484 | 2023 F150 EcoBoost | SE Louisiana

ALARFLGALATNsm.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

@Derek B

Welcome to the forum and family. Ask lots of questions and enjoy your new to you Oliver!

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

Hey Derek, congratulations on your Oliver!  If you’ve been lurking around you know we’re a friendly and helpful group so ask questions to shorten your learning curve.  Mike

• Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Welcome from Hull # 1405 and a fellow F-150 TV driver!

• Like 2

2023 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull #1405, "Rocinante"  TV: 2022 F-150 5.0 V8 4x4

States Visited MapMap of Provinces I Visited

• Moderators

Welcome from #12!

We love photos. 

Happy travels, and let us know how we can help.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

3 hours ago, Derek B said:

In mid April purchased 2019 LE II, Hull 484. Looking forward to continue to learn as much as possible on these forums about the maintenance of our trailer and modifications everyone has done. 

Welcome Derek, your hull is just a pup, and we love mods! 

When you get a chance, fill out your signature so we all can better help you. Of interest in your hull # of course, tow vehicle, general location and anything else you want tagged at the end of your posts. Meet you on the road or rally!

• Like 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

Congrats on your new Oliver, Derek!  You'll not be disappointed - much to learn and this forum can be a huge asset for you!  Looking forward to meeting you down the road sometime...  

Now post some pix of your new treasure!

Cheers!

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Welcome to the Family!

A wealth of information exists here on the Forum AND in the Oliver University.  

Consider downloading information about your Ollie from the University to a memory stick (or if your phone/tablet has enough memory directly there).

If something doesn't make sense or if you can't find it here on the Forum (our "Search Function is not the best), please, do not hesitate to ask.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

4 hours ago, MAX Burner said:

Now post some pix of your new treasure!

Thank you for the welcomes. 

Here are a couple pics. First was when we got it home and second it’s a little shinier now after a good polishing. It was stored indoors by 2 previous owners so did not take much to bring out the shine. 

2 mods on my list for down the road. Install solar. (All wiring was installed by OTT during build) and replace the Dometic AC. 

IMG_9335.jpeg

IMG_9470.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

ALARFLGALATNsm.jpg

Very nice shine @Derek B! When I get around to it, a good shine will take far more work, ours seeing a lot of desert sun and outdoor storage.

Great new signature line too! Wish everybody would add location. SE Louisiana is great home base to for US travel east to west!

We have solar and it's good yours has the wiring OTT installed. I'm going to replace that Dometic AC too, unbearable noise. We will make that purchase between now and the Oct Texas Rally (not too far for you). Thinking the small Houghton 9.5K BTU model which is a good match for the small Ollie interior.

Enjoy and browse all the threads on campgrounds, rallies, and mods!

13 hours ago, jd1923 said:

Thinking the small Houghton 9.5K BTU model which is a good match for the small Ollie interior.

I would be very interested if the 9.5 is enough to cool an LE II in hot conditions. Our current 13.5 dometic is not enough to my liking so far with our limited use. Not sure if this is just due to its age or the hot high humidity conditions we have camped in. Our last travel trailer a 28ft had 2 AC’s but much bigger than the Oliver. Guess I was expecting the Oliver to feel like a freezer with the small space the unit has to cool.

ALARFLGALATNsm.jpg

2 hours ago, Derek B said:

I would be very interested if the 9.5 is enough to cool an LE II in hot conditions. Our current 13.5 dometic is not enough to my liking so far with our limited use. Not sure if this is just due to its age or the hot high humidity conditions we have camped in. Our last travel trailer a 28ft had 2 AC’s but much bigger than the Oliver. Guess I was expecting the Oliver to feel like a freezer with the small space the unit has to cool.

Derek, yes given your location, you should do more research and perhaps go with the 13.5K model. The spec says the 9.5K handles 400 SF and that is larger than an Oliver. I would not base it on what your current Dometic handles, as beside noisy it's basically junk. Replace a Dometic with another, not me. They are a RV parts company is all. Don't do it just because the thermostat is interchangeable.

We had a similar Dometic in our 29' Bigfoot Class-C. A ducted unit that did not cool well at all. The fan froze up one spring and I replaced it with a 13.5K Furrion AC, since I got it for under $300 Amazon used! The new unit, after some riveting of the cracked cover (used) and some taping of the ductwork really cooled the Bigfoot, what a difference! With large slide out in this RV, rear queen bedroom, etc. it is a good double the SF and cubic feet of air that the Oliver. 

I asked @Geronimo John in another thread which BTU model he installed, but I don't believe he's had the time to answer yet. I would like to know what others have installed. I promise you that we would never visit your great state of Louisiana anytime from May through September, LOL, and the west is dry! It's a world of difference. Our summers are relatively nice up here at 5400 FT. Though we do not travel in the summer, since as soon as we leave the mountains, the valley below us is daily in triple digits.

Even though Houghton writes you need a 2.5KW minimum generator to run, it also states, "The maximum power input of this unit is 1590 Watts and the maximum current is 14.6 Amps." (BTW, these numbers do not jive, as 14.6A x 120V = 1752, the numbers balance at 109V not sure why?)

Both of these numbers fit within a 2KW inverter, so I want the smaller 9.5K unit for the possibility to run off inverter. There is a comment on the RecPro page that 1100W is the most one customer had ever seen. We run a 1100W tea kettle all the time and microwave on inverter, so why not the 9.5K model? Certainly not the 13.5K model. You want to be on shore power, summers in the SE US, likely go with the 13.5K BTU model.

1 hour ago, jd1923 said:

I asked @Geronimo John in another thread which BTU model he installed, but I don't believe he's had the time to answer yet.

Answered on the Houghton Install thread. 

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

1 hour ago, jd1923 said:

Even though Houghton writes you need a 2.5KW minimum generator to run, it also states, "The maximum power input of this unit is 1590 Watts and the maximum current is 14.6 Amps." (BTW, these numbers do not jive, as 14.6A x 120V = 1752, the numbers balance at 109V not sure why?)

I thought the same thing this morning.  Aussie Math I guess...  🙂

GJ

• Haha 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

2 hours ago, Geronimo John said:

I thought the same thing this morning.  Aussie Math I guess...  🙂

GJ

🤣 maybe they figure average voltage drop with compressor running.