Camping Overnight at the Oliver Campground at Hohenwald...

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
Posted (edited)

That will be hard to top, more like impossible to top😎

Edited by John Dorrer
Typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

A great story and another testament of how decent ALL the folks at Oliver really are. 
Thanks for sharing Art!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

Art,

Thanks for sharing the story and video! We have never had Ollie in a hail storm, good to know how tough an Oliver is!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 6

Bill & Debbie / 2015 LE2 #75 / 2024 F-150 5.0L / North Carolina

• Moderators

What?

They didn't usher you onto the Sales floor?  They didn't include a complimentary polish (of course the Toyota AND Oliver should be included in this)?😇

Seriously -

People that I've spoken with have no personal reference from which to compare the folks at Oliver against virtually any other business.  So, when I start extolling the virtues of this company I'm met with disbelief and/or that look that says since I own an Oliver, of course, I would believe that the RV and the company are the best ever.  Art's video will help me get the point across - THANKS Art!  Now I have ammo.

Bill

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators

We escaped the storm leaving the day you arrived!  Had lots of rain and small hail in East Tennessee but nothing like what you went through.  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Airstreams get totaled out by insurance companies every year due to hail storms (too costly to repair) especially here in the southeast. One of the many reasons I love the fiberglass hulls, more durable and cheaper to repair! Not to mention the custom made aluminum frame, handmade wiring looms, made in TN, etc, etc, etc. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Love 1

- Mike

Nashville, TN

2018 Elite II - Spirit of Adventure Hull #308  - Toyota Tundra 

In early 2017 I was a year from retiring.  My goal was to purchase an RV.  I knew exactly what I wanted as a result of an experience with my Father.  I was 5 or 6 years old and we were up in the Big Bear area of CA.  A truck pulling a large silver thing pulled into the parking lot.  I said "Daddy is that a Space Ship?".  He replied with great pride, "No Son, that's an Airstream Trailer, made in America.  The best in the world. 

So during the ensuing 60 years, that was the trailer I was going to buy.  But which one? 

For months in 2017 I studied, wrote, and rewrote 20 times my "Desired Trailer Attributes" document.  During the 2017 Christmas break, my brother and I were down in Matagorda and an Airstream 26 footer was pulled into the parking lot.  About every square foot of it It had been beaten to hell the day before.  I spoke to the owner and asked what happened.  It was a Thunder Boomer with pea sized to 1/2" hail that totaled his rig.  I asked what he was going to do.  He indicated that for $48K the factory will reskin it.  That's when I decided that my AS dream was a non-starter.

In January I had completed my Desired Trailer Attributes, and my summary of the various MFG's RV's.  Here is what I wrote for the AS:

AIRSTREAM TRAILERS:  Sport 22 FB, 21.6’ x 7’3”, 6’3 interior height, GVW 4500, Dry weight 3600#, Single torsion axle. HAIL DAMAGE CONCERN. TILT.

That pretty much launched me to a Factory Tour at OTT where I met Jason and the Team.  That made my decision to get an Oliver.  

Art:  Your story about the concern of our OTT family and your truck, and the lack of concern for the Ollie's in the damaging hail storm is legendary.  Thanks for sharing it!

GJ

DESIRED Trailer Attributes.docx

• Like 3
  • Love 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg