Molly - the enabler of new experiences

Sher and I purchased our Elite II last Sept. One of our key hobbies are cycling old rails converted to trails... and Molly helps us do this.

Using post to test my signature line.

• Like 2

2023 Elite II  (Molly: Hull 1430), Lithium Pro 390 AH with 400W solar, tankless water heat, twin bed, 30 lb propane tanks, vertical tandem bike racks
2022 Toyota Tundra Platinum 4 x 4 Crew
Home: Alberta Canada

IDIAMNMOMTORSDTNWAWYmed.jpgABBCsm.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

Welcome to the forum! My wife and I also ride rail trails and both really enjoy cycling whenever we can.
We look forward to hearing about your cycling and camping adventures.
Your signature line looks great! 

Pedal On!! 👍🏻

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

AI T from Alberta -

Welcome (even though a bit late) to the Family!

Our Ollies provide so many opportunities to do and see so much of our world.  Many here on the Forum are also into biking - in all its forms.

Pictures are always welcome!  Let us know if we can be of help.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators

Al and Sher, welcome to the group!  You’ll find lots of fellow bikers here.  Post pictures of your adventures!  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

@Al T from Alberta - Welcome to the Oliver family, Al and Sher!  We're into biking as well - lot's of common interests among the forum's owners.  OBTW:  You'll love towing Molly behind your Tundra!

Cheers!

A & D

• Like 2

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

11 hours ago, Al T from Alberta said:

Sher and I purchased our Elite II last Sept. One of our key hobbies are cycling old rails converted to trails... and Molly helps us do this.

Welcome to the forum! My wife and I are big fans of rails-to-trails riding too. I ride 10-12k miles per year and the vast majority is done on rails-to-trails and MUP trails.

• Like 1

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

Truck/trailer living up to their promises. Here's pics of our mounted bikes (test fitting carriers before paint), the vinyl wrap we dressed our trailer up with and our trailer at...the physical location captured on the wrap!

Morants Curve.jpg

street side.jpg

Bike racks prepaint.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Wow 2

2023 Elite II  (Molly: Hull 1430), Lithium Pro 390 AH with 400W solar, tankless water heat, twin bed, 30 lb propane tanks, vertical tandem bike racks

• Moderators

Molly is one of the very few Ollies that have been "wrapped".

Looks great.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

On 6/27/2024 at 2:37 PM, Steph and Dud B said:

Wow. That wrap looks very cool! 2 tandems? Trail and road?

Thks. Our road tandem has 1.1" (28mm) wide tires...great for asphalt but that's it.

The gravel bike has 2.15" wide tires. This allows us to ride on loose gravel with great stability.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2024 at 8:15 AM, CRM said:

Welcome to the forum! My wife and I are big fans of rails-to-trails riding too. I ride 10-12k miles per year and the vast majority is done on rails-to-trails and MUP trails.

Wow! 10-12k miles annually is fantastic. Nothing beats gliding through a canopy of trees along an old railbed ...while imaging the original train passengers of a century past doing the same...but in rickety passenger car pulled by a steam locomotive

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Al T from Alberta I missed this when originally posted. Beautiful wrap on the Oliver, and beautiful bikes! Are those Santana titanium? I tried for years to get Deb to ride a tandem, since we ride at such disparate speeds. She's a slow gawker, and I try to at least get my heart rate above couch mode. After getting the Oliver, we got a pair of Gazelle bikes, so now she at least keeps up with the folks walking trails... 🤣

The same applies when kayaking, but there's no way I'd get in the same boat with her, else the sobriquet "divorce boat" would definitely apply. That is, if we both made it to shore alive! 🤬

Edited by Steve Morris
  • Haha 1

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

3 hours ago, Steve Morris said:

I tried for years to get Deb to ride a tandem, since we ride at such disparate speeds.

3 hours ago, Steve Morris said:

The same applies when kayaking, but there's no way I'd get in the same boat with her, else the sobriquet "divorce boat" would definitely apply. That is, if we both made it to shore alive! 🤬

So true with us on both counts!! (When we were dating Steph and I tried a tandem canoe trip once, with her trying to steer from the front in rough water. A miracle we didn't flip, honestly. Now we have separate kayaks.)

• Haha 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

3 hours ago, Al T from Alberta said:

Wow! 10-12k miles annually is fantastic. Nothing beats gliding through a canopy of trees along an old railbed ...while imaging the original train passengers of a century past doing the same...but in rickety passenger car pulled by a steam locomotive

Nothing better than riding and enjoying nature without the worries of automobile traffic. I compete in 12/24 hour races and recently started chasing records so a minimum of 10k per year is pretty much necessary for me to perform well. Was lucky enough to set a cross Florida record back in May, and still paying a price for it so mileage a little lower since then.. 😂 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

On 7/5/2024 at 8:58 AM, Steve Morris said:

@Al T from Alberta I missed this when originally posted. Beautiful wrap on the Oliver, and beautiful bikes! Are those Santana titanium? I tried for years to get Deb to ride a tandem, since we ride at such disparate speeds. She's a slow gawker, and I try to at least get my heart rate above couch mode. After getting the Oliver, we got a pair of Gazelle bikes, so now she at least keeps up with the folks walking trails... 🤣

Santana bikes not titanium - mid 90's aluminum. 
Once we tried tandem...we're not going back. Like you referenced, we can both contribute to our capability yet we're still together...game changer.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2024 at 10:04 AM, Cameron said:

Wow. Tell us more about that wrap!

We knew we wanted to do something unique so we asked Oliver not to place any decals during fabrication. 

We then played around with different themes/ideas/sketches until we landed to the chosen scene (Morant's Curve in Banff) which is not too far away from where we live in Alberta. (Original high quality SVG pic purchased from Shutterstock)

First two vinyl wrap businesses we approached refused to engage because of the challenges of wrapping compound curves and many surface protrusions.

After assuring a third business that we didn't expect absolute perfection, they took on the challenge. A forgiving feature of the image chosen was the subject matter. There were very few straight lines that had to be matched / kept straight and trees/sky/mountains can be blurry.

Time will tell on its durability

• Like 1

AI T, from Alberta,
We saw you headed south, as we were headed north a few weeks ago.  We did not recognize you as an ‘Ollie’ as you approached because of your wrap.  
But as we passed we did, and we loved it. 

Almost did a U-T to chase you down for an introduction & picture… but a saner mind prevailed and we kept heading north.

Bryan, Maggie & Willis (aka Kamper Kat)

• Like 1

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg