Key pad lock

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale

I’m not aware of a default code for the lock. Do you have the override key?

If its a LE II twin bed and (1) your basement door is not locked (2) you are agile and small and (3) you have the pass through door under the nightstand I have heard of people getting back in from there. 

We keep our physical key in the tow vehicle for this very reason. (Plus I am NOT agile and small….)

Edited by DunnYet
More about spare key
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Current: 2023 Oliver Elite II - Hull #1364 "Reset 2.0" (Second Owner)
Tow Vehicle: 2023 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5L EcoBoost /w 3.55 axle and Max Tow Package "SIlver"
Original: 2022 Oliver Elite I - Hull #1030 "Reset" (For Sale)
Original Tow Vehicle: 2022 Subaru Ascent "Blue Moose"
Home Base: Duncanville, TX

spacer.png

• Moderators

The key.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Posted (edited)

Oliver Service, named Jason, came to our rescue.  I called and left a message with service at 8:30 Eastern.  Jason called me back within a few minutes.

He suggested the basement route.  Lucky my son was here to crawl where no man has crawled before, and hopefully never again.

It appears the default code would not work because the lock battery is low.

LESSON LEARNED, and a huge shout out of appreciation to @JEssary at the mothership.

BTW - What is "the override key"?

10 hours ago, DunnYet said:

I’m not aware of a default code for the lock. Do you have the override key?

If its a LE II twin bed and (1) your basement door is not locked (2) you are agile and small and (3) you have the pass through door under the nightstand I have heard of people getting back in from there. 

We keep our physical key in the tow vehicle for this very reason. (Plus I am NOT agile and small….)

Edited by HDRider
  • Like 1

Jeff & Cindy - NE Arkansas - 2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

34 minutes ago, HDRider said:

BTW - What is "the override key"?

Ours looks like this - Keyway is blurred because with AI these days you never know. It is a two-sided keyway - notches on the top and bottom of the key. If you did not get one with your lock contact service and there should be a serial number on the lock that would allow you to order a backup. Note that the key number is the blur where the grey box is.

RVLock Key.jpg

Edited by DunnYet
Forgot to erase the key number

Tow Vehicle: 2023 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5L EcoBoost /w 3.55 axle and Max Tow Package "SIlver"

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, DunnYet said:

Ours looks like this

I got you.  That was my problem.  They key was locked in the truck and the truck key was locked in the Ollie.

I had two things happen that broke my routine.  My driver door auto lock on my truck just stopped working.  Then, the battery on the Ollie keypad went low.  Being on autopilot, like I sometime do, I messed up.   We are on a 3,000+ mile trip and my head is not quite on straight. 

Jeff & Cindy - NE Arkansas - 2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

36 minutes ago, DunnYet said:

Ours looks like this - Keyway is blurred because with AI these days you never know. It is a two-sided keyway - notches on the top and bottom of the key. If you did not get one with your lock contact service and there should be a serial number on the lock that would allow you to order a backup. Note that the key number is the blur where the

I might be wrong but this key is for the deadbolt not the electric lock?

• Like 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Roof Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter), added 400W Renogy Solar suitcase with Victron MPPT 100/30 CC, Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

3 hours ago, rich.dev said:

Ours works for both.

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

I always had that concern about getting locked out of the trailer and truck if I lost my keys while on the road, so I mounted a small mechanical (no battery) combination lockbox from Lowe’s inside the rear bumper storage area on one frame rail and kept an Ollie door key in there, and then kept a spare truck key hidden inside the Ollie so I could always get access to everything if I ever lost my primary keys while out away from the trailer.  

IMG_0546.jpeg

Edited by Frank C
  • Like 2

My suggestion is to carry your keys. We do, and you will be glad in the future. If your batteries run too low you will need the key. 

We have to replace the batteries 1-2 times a year. I just replaced the remote battery.

You should have received 2 keys and a remote.

Edited by John Dorrer
Typo

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNYimage.jpeg.9e7303babcb28d7f6badb799734c6e44.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Patriot said:

Ours works for both.

You are correct, just checked mine and sure enough it works on both! 😊

• Like 2

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Roof Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter), added 400W Renogy Solar suitcase with Victron MPPT 100/30 CC, Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

“Two is one and one is none”

We always keep an extra set of “all things keys” locked up inside a locked center console vault in our TV.

The helpful option allows for coded keyless entry into our TV.

IMG_1447.thumb.jpeg.3e29d2a3f80c88cedbb1fb512c27c5d7.jpeg

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

2 hours ago, Patriot said:

“Two is one and one is none”

Takes me back to my datacenter days. 🙂 "Why do you spin five generators when you can run the whole place on three?" "N + 1 and one to not spin up properly and get sent down."

• Haha 1

spacer.png

20 hours ago, Frank C said:

I mounted a small mechanical (no battery) combination lockbox from Lowe’s inside the rear bumper storage area on one frame rail and kept an Ollie door key in there, and then kept a spare truck key hidden inside the Ollie so I could always get access to everything if I ever lost my primary keys while out away from the trailer.  

I would be inclined to keep any spare keys/Fobs hidden on the TV rather than the OTT. In doing so, one will always have the backup sets available, especially if lost when away from the trailer. 

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables

On 8/21/2024 at 7:58 AM, rich.dev said:

It does work for both. I always keep our truck keys with me when leaving the trailer but never carry the trailer key with me. Guess I need to get into the habit of doing that. 

Hint to self: Hit up Home Depot for some spare batteries too!

We keep two exact sets of TV/OTT keys on respective caribiners.  One set stays in the TV - one in the OTT.  We use Casablanca's main hatch combo lock exclusively when boondocking - so if one of us gets back to the trailer before the other, no biggie getting inside.  

Full Disclosure of a Lesson Learned:  Magnus (knucklehead #1) locked us out of our TV during a roadside stop enroute to Pagosa Springs several years ago with the truck still running.  Had we stashed another set of keys in the TT, we wouldn't have had to break the rear window to get access to the TV....   That was not a cheap date!

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

2 hours ago, MAX Burner said:

We keep two exact sets of TV/OTT keys on respective caribiners.  One set stays in the TV - one in the OTT.  We use Casablanca's main hatch combo lock exclusively when boondocking - so if one of us gets back to the trailer before the other, no biggie getting inside.  

Full Disclosure of a Lesson Learned:  Magnus (knucklehead #1) locked us out of our TV during a roadside stop enroute to Pagosa Springs several years ago with the truck still running.  Had we stashed another set of keys in the TT, we wouldn't have had to break the rear window to get access to the TV....   That was not a cheap date!

Ditto on the first part.  Be sure to wrap it in heavy aluminum foil for the RF raiders.

In addition to the above, the following for us works well for the Lesson Learned.  (Snipped from Partiot's post above)

GJ

image.png.64a04b86a464eef330a543e4a7450c13.png

• Like 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg