GregCA Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago Hey all, new to forum. Just placed deposit for a Legacy Elite II Platnum for a May delivery so now have to upgrade my Tacoma to something more capable. Looking at custom ordering 7.3L 4x4 F-250 crewcab to build something specific to Oliver application. Currently here what I'm looking at: XLT Premium Package (adds 12" screen and 360 camara) FX4 Off-Road Package 3.73 Electronic Locking Axle Ratio 350 AMP Dual Alternator & Batteries Anything else you seasoned towers would add? I know an F-250 may be overkill especialy here in Florida, but plan on hitting the Smokies and going out west. Thanks Greg
BigTexas Posted 56 minutes ago Posted 56 minutes ago Welcome, I remember the excitement when I put down my deposit knowing they were building MY Oliver. Visit the forum often. It will make owning your Oliver much more enjoyable. I'm not a Ford guy so I can't comment on specifics but your list looks impressive. One comment regarding 4X4. My last truck didn't have it and I didn't think I needed it due to more maintenance and something else to go wrong. I bought my new (2024) truck off the lot so it was a compromise. I've been surprised how often 4 wheel drive has been the difference between leaving a muddy camp spot and having to spend another day waiting for the ground to dry. I'd recommend keeping that on your list. Big Texas – 2018 Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #306 2024 RAM 2500 6.7L Cummins, Weigh Safe hitch
GregCA Posted 17 minutes ago Author Posted 17 minutes ago Thanks for the welcome. Yes 4x4 is a must have even here in Florida. Seen plenty of full size 4x2s slip sliding at the boat ramp so figured I would need it with the Oliver even though I won't be using a boat ramp.
Moderators Mike and Carol Posted 8 minutes ago Moderators Posted 8 minutes ago 40 minutes ago, BigTexas said: I've been surprised how often 4 wheel drive has been the difference between leaving a muddy camp spot and having to spend another day waiting for the ground to dry. I'd recommend keeping that on your list. Welcome, Greg. As you get ready for you trailer, keep tapping in to the expertise here on the forum. We had a May pick up also, just in 2016. It’s a good time of year weatherwise. I agree with John on the 4X4. Depending on how you like to camp, it can come in handy. We’ve used ours. Your future truck sounds pretty good to me. There are some Ford drivers with the 7.3 gas engine towing their Elite II’s and they all seem to be happy. Mike Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now