2019 RALLY

hardrock

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Coy, I did call them today and left a voice mail.  No one has called me back yet and my AOL is down now for over 24 hours..so no e-mail from them or anyone else.

Thanks,  Nan

Nan,

You can call April at the campground office at 256-571-5455.

I just called her a week ago to switch sites and she was right there.  Section D is closed for upgrades and those folks have been moved to section F with full hookups.

John

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

I received a call about a week ago from Lake Guntersville mentioning some of the camp ground is being renovated and my reserved spot needed to be changed, and if the renovations are completed in time for the Rally they would move me back to my preferred spot. Has anyone else received such a call? To be honest, never been to Lake Guntersville so when asked for my preference all could think was near other Oliver folks and close to the bathroom facilities.

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

• Moderators

KWR -

I've not been called (yet), but while there are always camping spots that some appreciate more than others, there really isn't a "bad" spot at the Rally.  This really is a very nice place with excellent facilities.

Bill

p.s.  If you have a bike - throw it in.  It can be a fair walk from the camping area to the vendor area and where breakfast is held each day.  Of course you can always drive if that is your preference.

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

KWR

There were only 11 campsites impacted by the upgrades.  As Topgun says, this is a very nice campground so it is a matter of preference where you relocate.  If you choose one with The restrooms nearby, you should be fine

Coy

I was told all the sites in E section are affected us being one of them. We had to move to the F section and they said if the renovations get done they will move us back. At least we will get our exercise walking to the pavilion now.

ABNBNSPEALARCOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMSMOMTNENHNMNYNCOHOKPARISCSDTNTXUTVTVAWVWYmed.jpg

Tom & Cheryl 

LE II #305

2018 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax

As mentioned, the whole place is very nice.  D section is closer to the pavilion where displays, breakfast and talks happen, B has much more trees and is very nice, but a bit secluded.   Some of us have been relocated from section D to section F with the same hookups, because of the re-model.  But D section may open back up if they get done.

Don't worry about getting a "good" spot.  Just go and have fun. A bicycle is very handy.

The Lodge is on the top of the hill and you must drive up there anyway.  Olivers will be scattered all around the general camping area.

Remember NOT to leave your awning out when away from camp!  The wind is unpredictable and caused a lot of damage last year with ruined awnings.  Careful.

I posted this earlier, but here is the number again, if you need to call them.  Call April at 256-571-5455.  Here's a link:

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=Lake+Guntersville+site+map&fr=yhs-Lkry-SF01&hspart=Lkry&hsimp=yhs-SF01&imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fcamprrm.com%2Fsite%2Fassets%2Ffiles%2F1226%2Flake_guntherville_sp-1.jpg#id=4&iurl=https%3A%2F%2Fcamprrm.com%2Fsite%2Fassets%2Ffiles%2F1226%2Flake_guntherville_sp-1.jpg&action=click

See you there!

John

• 2 weeks later...

Just registered for my wife and me.  We didn't think we could make it, but we decided to take our spring trip a few weeks earlier this year which should get us back just in time to make the rally.  We're really looking forward to our first rally as actual Ollie owners.

• Thanks 1

David and I just signed up for the Rally and since we won't have our Oliver until Aug-Sept will be staying at the Lodge. Hoping to learn a lot and make the long wait until pick-up day seem a bit shorter!   Looking forward to our first Rally.  Paula

David Caswell and Paula Saltmarsh

Hull 509 "The Swallow"

We too were told we needed to move and that if the work was done before the Rally they would move us back.  As I am part of the Rally team I called to find out how many people were asked to move and it is 9 in total.  Can't say I am happy about it but it will be fine, it a beautiful park and campground.

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
2017 Legacy Elite II, Twin Bed
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited

Perhaps I can add some clarity to the questions regarding rally attendees being relocated away from their requested sites.

I personally visited Lake Guntersville State Park recently.  I contacted the park superintendent and we discussed the relocation of 11 attendees.  I also communicated with the Director of Parks and Recreation with the State of Alabama.  The oldest and first section of the park has some serious electrical issues that significantly impact several campsites.  Several of the sites are currently unusable, not available for camping.   A contractor has been secured and construction has been scheduled.  The construction is scheduled to begin in the near future and be completed prior to our rally.  If the construction does occur and the repair is complete, the campers will be camping in their original reservation site.  However, if “ <i>Mother Nature”  </i>does not cooperate and the park has continuous rain, the park will have an alternative site for each camper impacted by the construction.  We are not the only group that has a rally at Lake Guntersville State Park.  However, I feel that the park staff is trying their best to support our rally.  If the relocation is causing you difficulty, please PM me and I will intervene on your behalf.  The construction will occur as scheduled but hopefully it will be completed by the time our rally occurs.  I apologize if this  causes you difficulty.  I want everyone to enjoy and have a great time.

Very Respectfully,  Coy Gayle, Rally Chairman.      Forum name : Hardrock , for Private Message  purposes.

• Thanks 2

Coy,

Thanks for your thoughtful note.

I really can't see how this relocation issue can cause anyone a problem.  Things happen and it is no big deal.  It certainly is not a problem for us.

As you mentioned, this is a nice park.  We planned to be next to some friends, but they were moved too.  So we are still next to them.  Either way, it's fine.

Last year we had a good time and met a lot of great people.  I'm looking forward to the same this time and have no concerns at all about being in a different spot.

I found that having a bike was very convenient and allowed us to move all over the park.   And to easily get back and forth to the Pavilion area.  It's a great way to stop by other's camps and say hi or get acquainted.

See you there!

John

• Thanks 1

John

John

Thank you for the kind words.  This year we have an excellent team of volunteers that are preparing for a rally that will take us to the next level.  To do this, I want everyone to have what they need to enjoy the rally.  It may not be the exact campsite that was reserved, but there are many excellent campsites left.

Coy

so, when we call the park to reserve a spot, they will cluster us with other Oliver TT owners?  I presume true,but just verifying. thanks.

2016 Oliver Legacy Elite II;  #129

Ordered in 2015, picked up in 2016.  My friend Don Thompson picked his up right in front of me, very cool dude.

2016 Nissan Titan XD, Diesel

If you want them too.   You can have any spot that is open that provides you with the features that suit you.  Hookups, size of space, etc.

John

Athough we may miss this Rally, I want to thank you Coy for showing us the Oliver out there in Quartzsite. We were the couple that live in Riverside and made our way back to Quartzsite , from being there the week earlier. We met up with you the day you came from Death Valley. Just to let you know, our Ollie goes into production 4/01/19. Thank you again and thank all the other Oliver owners we met. Everyone was so nice. Hope to meet up with you again in the future.  Val & Nikki.

Val

I certainly remember the gleem in Nikki’s and your eyes the first time you saw an Oliver.  I could tell you were very interested in buying an Oliver.  I hope that you will let me know when you travel to Hohenwald, I live not far away and may go up to see you and Nikki.  If I can provide you any advise or assistance as Oliver builds your trailer, just let me know.  You have been camping for years and you will enjoy your Oliver for a lifetime.  You and Nikki are welcome to come to the rally.  We have a number of people that will be staying at the Guntersville lodge and attend the rally.  However, that is a long trek from California to Alabama and return.  Looking forward to seeing you both with your new trailer

Coy