Sign in to follow this  
MandD

How to Repair Outside Courtesy Light

One of the outside courtesy lights is not working on our 2016 Elite II. Has anyone had this problem in the past and how did you fix the problem? I am especially interested in how to remove the lense so I can access the bulb.

I am under the impression that those lights are leds. That being said I would guess you replace the whole unit. Evidently the new units do not have that gasket that leaks black streaks, so I would call Oliver and order a new one. Also ask what they seal it with. Guess you could swap with one you don't use?

I apologize for the confusion. The LED light I am having trouble with is below the main body of the trailer. I call these lights the courtesy lights as opposed to the bigger porch lights on the side of the trailer body I think you are referring to.  Unfortunately, I don’t have a picture of the courtesy light to post.

I call those puddle lights, like the ones in some cars that illuminate the ground as you exit the door. They are exactly the same lights as those inside the cabin down low, and they are LED with two dinky wires coming out the back. If you have a dead one it most likely has failed internally and you just need to replace the assembly. OTH maybe a spliced connection has failed, you could remove the light and test the power wire with a voltmeter, and check the ground wire with an ohmmeter.

Use a flat screwdriver to CAREFULLY pry the steel cover off the light, don’t damage the gelcoat. (Put some duct tape or a few layers of masking tape on the gelcoat if you want some protection.) Take out the two screws and the light and wires will slide out of the hole.

Good luck..

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 3

"Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II NARV (Not An RV) Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 33" LT tires, airbags.

Thanks John.  The information you sent is exactly what I needed to repair the “puddle light.”

• Thanks 1

I like these outside courtesy lights. They allow one to see what might be on the ground at night on both sides of the trailer, whether it be a puddle or a snake. One upgrade I would have liked to have is two more courtesy lights--one at the back and one at the front of the trailer, enabling one to see the ground all around the Ollie.

Onward through the Fog!

EarthPicks of Cochise County

AZCACOKSMONVNMORTNTXUTmed.jpg