Acronyms and Terms Help

hobo

ACE….One that threw me. I thought it was a brand name. Turns out they were calling Army Corp Engineers this.

That is the term we used within DoD for the Corp of Engineers too.

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

• Moderators

The Army Corps of Engineers has several abbreviations. USACE is common in the military for the HQ organization.  If you’re a military member in the Army Corps of Engineers branch it is abbreviated CE. For Corps of Engineers camp grounds, some apps use COE and some use ACE. All the same thing. A lot of COE/ACE campgrounds are around man made lakes and dams because they have responsibility within CONUS (Continental United States) for the construction and maintenance of those projects and facilities. They are open to the public and the National Parks senior discount pass (Geezer Pass) provides a 50% discount. Some of the nicest campgrounds we’ve stayed at were COE. Many have FHU (Full Hook Ups) and others have none, with lots in between.  The price is always right!  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Yes. We definitely need to add Geezer Pass to the dictionary.

One of the (few) best benefits of being a "golden ager." ?

Well, that, and no longer having to set an alarm clock...

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I like this one, SOB, well I thought it was something else, but in this business it means, Some Other Brand. I don't see it used on this forum too much, but on other fiberglass trailer forums they use it more.

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• 2 weeks later...

Per Hobo's suggestion, we've added a topic for common acronyms and abbreviations here. Please post any further suggestions for additional terms in that thread so that we can keep track of them and periodically update the list.

Thank you Hobo for the thread suggestion - it's sure to help both new and old users alike.

• Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

It was long way down that rabbit hole  - about 20 ft., but that's a SWAG.

SWAG - Sophisticated Wild Ass Guess. 

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201