Snow - what now?

Mainiac

15 minutes ago, Mainiac said:

NOTE TO SELF: stay out of PNW. (Was going to give Seattle a wide berth anyway)...

Good advice . . . . . I'll let you know when the "coast is clear" . . . . literally 😀

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

9 hours ago, Mainiac said:

Careful about retirement.. When retired you don't get days off and vacations. 

If you ski there are no lines mid week, they start the lift as you ski up. Mid week you can go into a store, get what you want and get out. If you go to the beach mid week you can watch the beach and surf, instead of where you step. Lots of times, mid week, you can get your choice of sites at campgrounds. Doesn't take long to plan on staying home on Saturdays and enjoy family...

It may take some practice... but we will work diligently to adjust to the rigors of retirement🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Mark & Deb..2020 Elite II..Dearie..Hull #685..2016 Tundra

AZARCAFLMSNMOKPATNTXsm.jpg

19 minutes ago, Mcb said:

It may take some practice... but we will work diligently to adjust to the rigors of retirement🙂

You may have to work at it, but a couple of days should do it. It is like a long weekend that doesn't quit. Trouble is by the end of the first week you will have so many projects going, you will begin to wonder how you ever had time to work. 😃

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mainiac said:

. Trouble is by the end of the first week you will have so many projects going, you will begin to wonder how you ever had time to work

Agreed. Another of my favorite expressions. 😄

Edited by SeaDawg
Typos

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

The first few days and even months of my retirement were filled with all kinds of "stuff".  Getting projects done that were long over due, getting rid of old work things, catching up, getting organized, etc..  Then one day around six months into retirement I woke up one morning and while laying there in bed I realized that today I could do whatever I wanted.  If I wanted to read all day, fish all day, lay right here all day - I could do it.  THAT was when I finally realized what retirement is to me - freedom.  And, that is when I really started to fully enjoy myself in this new phase of life.  Yes, I'm busier than ever with more projects than ever, but, it is that freedom of choice that makes all of that fun and not really seem like work (at least most of the time).

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Each day is truly a blessing....the leaves of Fall are spectacular and never fail to disappoint on our maple planted 12 yrs ago when we built our home.

8ED22332-A844-41B8-92F7-B815A8C6EFE3.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

By the look of that lawn I'd guess that someone gets the blessing of having to clean up all of those leaves under that beautiful maple tree? 😉

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 3 weeks later...

74 degrees..  Indian summer? Is there really any such thing? And we have had two snow storms already.

Yesterday we sat at the Cribstone Bridge on Bailey's Island eating lunch on the deck of Cook's Lobster and Ale house. Then  to Land's End and walked the rocky trail to the Giant Staircase. The surf was crashing.  Then a root beer float at Island Candy. It got dark by 4:30. Guess we better find our mittens and snow shovels. Afraid Mother Nature is just teasing us...

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 9:19 AM, topgun2 said:

By the look of that lawn I'd guess that someone gets the blessing of having to clean up all of those leaves under that beautiful maple tree? 😉

Bill

Yes, our landscaper 😂 he has a backpack blower and blows them across our road into the woods for a long winters nap. 

Edited by Patriot
  • Haha 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

Leaves are just starting around here, but soon!

The comments  on Non weekend events are right on, or used to be - this year with everybody "at home" the parks and such are under heavy use - it blew me away this summer.  

Gonna be 80 around here tomorrow - seems my bee hives are still putting up their winter stores - usually by now they are into the winter is on the door step mode. Me, I'll take it - historically the weather turns right at Thanksgiving, the cold is just around the corner.

Retirement - hmmm, yes it can be BUSY.  But Mondays don't exist anymore. Wohoo.

RB

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

2 hours ago, BackofBeyond said:

The comments  on Non weekend events are right on, or used to be - this year with everybody "at home" the parks and such are under heavy use - it blew me away this summer.

Yeah it's been feeling  like everyone is retired now...

• Like 1

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709