Tochta mattress

bmrplatinum

We had the KTT but it was falling apart at the seams, still under warranty.  OTT gave us the choice of the KTT vs the Totchta and we chose the Tochta.  No regrets....is much more comfortable for us.  Considering its durability, time will tell.  Good luck.  Really, I don't think OTT would mind if you took a short nap on one their showroom models :)

John

• Like 4

Oliver II #996 "Bessie", 2019 Silverado LTZ 5.3, Veterans

https://wenandjohnsadventure.com/

• 2 months later...
On 6/21/2022 at 5:13 PM, johnwen said:

We had the KTT but it was falling apart at the seams, still under warranty.  OTT gave us the choice of the KTT vs the Totchta and we chose the Tochta.  No regrets....is much more comfortable for us.  Considering its durability, time will tell.  Good luck.  Really, I don't think OTT would mind if you took a short nap on one their showroom models 🙂

John

John & Wen, 

How old were your KTT mattresses when the were falling apart at the seams?  We liked laying on the Totcha but didn't like sitting on them. We thought about ordering KTT direct from KTT but your comment doesn't make me feel good about that.

Brian

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne Lewis said:

John & Wen, 

How old were your KTT mattresses when the were falling apart at the seams?  We liked laying on the Totcha but didn't like sitting on them. We thought about ordering KTT direct from KTT but your comment doesn't make me feel good about that.

Brian

Hi Brian,

They were 2 months old!  Don't know if anyone else had any problems.  Both mattresses had issues.  I've asked 4 or 5 couples and they indicated they had no problems. Best of luck with your decision.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, johnwen said:

Hi Brian,

They were 2 months old!  Don't know if anyone else had any problems.  Both mattresses had issues.  I've asked 4 or 5 couples and they indicated they had no problems. Best of luck with your decision.

I just spoke to Dick, one of the owners at KTT, he said if you are having issues and are unhappy to call them and they will get you information on how to get the covers repaired or replaced.

Brian

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne Lewis said:

I just spoke to Dick, one of the owners at KTT, he said if you are having issues and are unhappy to call them and they will get you information on how to get the covers repaired or replaced.

Brian

Thanks, Brian,

We traded the KTTs out at Oliver back in May.  We're happy with the Tochtas.  They are actually a lot lighter than the KTTs and easier to move around for hatch access.

John

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am new to Oliver trailer and this forum, still learning ... Apologize if the format is not up to standard 😅

I have a question about the custom made mattress for a Elite II floor plan bed.  Specifically the size of the custom cut mattress from Tochta.  

We own a 2021 Oliver Elite II. We are thinking of ordering a tochta mattress. We have the standard floorplan, so we measured the bed to be 76" long 79" wide with top two corners of about 12-16" radius. We called the factory and they said people normally leave 0.5" margin on all sides when ordering custom made mattresses.  

We are about to order a mattress from Tochta of 75" long 78" wide and 14" radius top corners. 

Does any of you had experience with ordering from Tochta and what size did you use? 

Thanks in advance, 

Danna 

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone ended up ordering a King mattress from Tochta?  We are going to convert from the twins to a King and this seems like the best option.  What dimensions did you go with?

John

John and Kim

2021 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Duramax 11350 GVWR  3048lb Payload

2021 Oliver Elite II.   Hull #887

On 9/14/2022 at 4:58 PM, Eddy said:

Hi,

I am new to Oliver trailer and this forum, still learning ... Apologize if the format is not up to standard 😅

I have a question about the custom made mattress for a Elite II floor plan bed.  Specifically the size of the custom cut mattress from Tochta.  

We own a 2021 Oliver Elite II. We are thinking of ordering a tochta mattress. We have the standard floorplan, so we measured the bed to be 76" long 79" wide with top two corners of about 12-16" radius. We called the factory and they said people normally leave 0.5" margin on all sides when ordering custom made mattresses.  

We are about to order a mattress from Tochta of 75" long 78" wide and 14" radius top corners. 

Does any of you had experience with ordering from Tochta and what size did you use? 

Thanks in advance, 

Danna 

My guess is that if Oliver offers it as an option, the folks at Tochta already have the patterns for the Oliver trailers.  I'd check with them.

• Like 5

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

• 2 months later...

I finally got this project done.  I ended up ordering a mattress from Tochta with dimensions of 78x75x10.  When I put the mattress in the trailer and unpackaged it the actual dimensions we 78x77 which was too long.  There was zero room around the top and bottom of the mattress.  I called Tochta and they asked me to send pictures of the measurements.  They got back to me and offered to give me $400 back if this mattress would work or to just have me donate this one and they would send me a new one.  I chose a new one with dimensions of 76x74x10.  It arrived less than a week later and fits perfectly.  Mattress is very comfortable and Tochta's customer service is top notch!

John

image.thumb.jpeg.77e8ac6304402c55ed5b4a6f7259fe0d.jpeg

IMG_3458.thumb.JPG.07baa91ebf46c915ee59d3640f4f7978.JPG

• Like 6

John and Kim

2021 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Duramax 11350 GVWR  3048lb Payload

2021 Oliver Elite II.   Hull #887

• Moderators

Nicely done and good for Tochta.  

Perhaps this proves that there are companies other than Oliver that do business the way it should be done.

Bill

• Like 5

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 11 months later...
On 12/9/2022 at 2:08 PM, Jps190 said:

It arrived less than a week later and fits perfectly.  

Do you recall the corner radius used in making your custom  mattress? 

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ronbrink said:

Do you recall the corner radius used in making your custom  mattress? 

Are you asking this question because you want to fabricate a mattress yourself?  If yes then I faintly recall someone here on the Forum giving those dimensions.  Unfortunately, I will not be able to look for you for the next couple of days.

Bill 

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Maybe this thread will be of help? 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

Are you asking this question because you want to fabricate a mattress yourself? 

Actually, I want to have a waterproof encasement made for the KTTs and was asked for the radius dimension. The thread SeaDawg highlighted was very helpful. I appreciate your helpfulness, as well! Thanks

• Like 2

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt

1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

Maybe this thread will be of help? 

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much!

• Like 2

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

• Moderators

I didn't do anything but find old posts. Thanks to the folks who posted the info. 

@AndrewK @Galway Girl

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
8 hours ago, Jps190 said:

I want to say I did a 14 inch radius but honestly can’t remember.

See the December 8th post - 5 above this one.  It might help with that memory.😁