Microwave Trim/Fascia

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, cmdmom286 said:

Don't want my microwave  falling out when I am on the road.  

If your microwave trim is like this one then it actually does not "hold" the microwave in place - it is basically just a trim piece.

P1020885.JPG

2017 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

However, if this trim piece had cracked or become notably loose then it just might indicate that your microwave is not held in place as it should be.  And/or you have been down some very rough roads.  

This microwave is actually held in place (basically) by being attached to the upper cabinet via the screws that go through the two holes (barely seen in the photo below) at the rear of the metal piece that approximately spans the middle of the microwave.

Once you remove the trim piece then reach in, grab the microwave and try to move it from side to side.  If you can move it without too much force then it is likely that either this support attachment has come loose or isn't there at all.  Jason Essary can assist you in making repairs - just open a Service ticket.

P1020880.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2017 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I received mine last week from Oliver. Put it in it needed a three-quarter piece of foam to level out microwave she rides nice no more broken rim. I don’t really use the microwave. So this summer I will take it out and in close And put a door on it.

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Jimmy63 said:

it needed a three-quarter piece of foam to level out microwave she rides nice no more broken rim.

Yes, I didn't trust the microwave being attached by just those two screws in the top.  I used scrap pieces of wood to wedge it in prior to putting the trim piece back on.  Six years later it hasn't moved!

Bill

• Like 2

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Jimmy63 said:

I received mine last week from Oliver. Put it in it needed a three-quarter piece of foam to level out microwave she rides nice no more broken rim. I don’t really use the microwave. So this summer I will take it out and in close And put a door on it.

You will love the extra storage.  We did just that.

We used gloss white doors from ikea, and they look pretty good with the Ollie shiny interior .

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/2335-cabinet-to-replace-microwave/

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12