Ground Mat

SYoung

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

We bought ours at IKEA, probably 12 to 14 years ago. It's getting a bit threadbare, but still hangs together, and serves the purpose.

Camping world has some very nice ones that are made to fold up in small sections. Watch for their sales and closeouts. The ikea mat has a limited life left. I'll be watching at camping world,  amazon,,and overstock.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

I'm a big fan of most Camco products.  That looks like a nice mat. 

I'd probably make a bag for storage, or use an old sail bag, as we do now.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I bought a Sand Mat like this, after reading about it in another forum post:

CGEAR Original Sand-Free Outdoor Rug Camping Mat - Water-Resistant & Anti-Fade Material - Military-Grade Construction - Reversible Design - Area Rug for Beach, RV, & Picnics - Includes Travel Bag https://a.co/d/6dzNKWn

Mine was on sale, maybe from REI, and maybe half the price. It works well to filter out the sand and seems durable; it came with a bag that also is open mesh (which means I don’t store it in the trailer.)

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

2024.04.29 - ALAZARCOFLGAIAKSKYLAMONENMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYBBBBBBsm.jpg

FYI:  Over the year's, we've been getting our mats from the Quartzite RV show - they're the ones made overseas (China?) from recycled plastic bottles.  They would last several years, but hard to keep clean and once they started fraying - boom!; our's would unravel fast.  Fairly inexpensive and loads of colors and patterns.

58672328548__69380B16-B9A2-457E-86C0-9B6B31F960DE.thumb.JPG.039fb88ad5f89d54163cd76982dab784.JPG

D found the traditional CGEAR sand mats several years ago and they work great for us!  Water drains through them quickly, debris - sand, dirt, etc., works its way through and not into the Ollie.  The mat has lots of tie-downs and is a heavy duty product all around.  She got us an 8' x 20' green/blue color combo with the storage bag made from the same material.  The bagged mat fits into the "garage" hatch and lives full-time in the Casablanca.  D and Magnus really love this one!  "HWHL"!

IMG_7801.thumb.jpeg.401fadb45e8abd977de48f826976da60.jpeg

• Like 3

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Mossemi put me onto the CGEAR type mats a couple of years ago.  The biggest benefit that I see with these mats is that they fold/roll up much smaller as compared to the recycled plastic bottle mats.  However, from what I've seen, the CGEAR sand mats are also somewhat more expensive.

Bill

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

3 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

The biggest benefit that I see with these mats is that they fold/roll up much smaller as compared to the recycled plastic bottle mats.  However, from what I've seen, the CGEAR sand mats are also somewhat more expensive.

@topgun2:  TRUE and TRUE!  There's no way we could fit the recycled plastic bottle mat into the Ollie garage, ours would only roll-up into a giant burrito and would live in the shop and travel in the truck bed, its nice having the CGEAR residing in the OTT.  Definitely more expensive, though - ours was north of $160.  We've been using it since 2020 on several dozen trips - very little if any noticeable wear/tear...  Tons of size options, too.

• Like 5

• 2022 TUNDRA

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

However, from what I've seen, the CGEAR sand mats are also somewhat more expensive.

Kind of like Ollie's, sometimes you get what you pay for!  And I have to give credit to Overland for the original post about CGEAR RV mats.  I bought our 8'x20' Orange/Agave mat in February of 2020 on sale.  It was the only color available in that size and price and Krunch does not like it.  It is big and heavy and if I was to buy it again, I think I would op for 2 smaller mats, especially if we had a Clam shelter.

Mossey

IMG_1158.thumb.jpeg.1b93b879c0d5da8be6b7be59806185cc.jpeg

• Like 4

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

1 minute ago, mossemi said:

I think I would op for 2 smaller mats, especially if we had a Clam shelter.

@mossemi:  That's a great point - if we get a Clam in the future, we would definitely consider the option of 2 smaller mats; which would be a perfect configuration.  Although we like the 8' x 20' and it fits into the rear garage hatch - it is not light weight by any stretch compared to the recycled bottle mats.  We had it for the AS which was a longer rig, a smaller size CGEAR mat for the Casablanca would be even better, IMO.  We'll probably live with this one until a Clam is obtained...

• Like 3

• 2022 TUNDRA

We used to roll out a huge PVC mat I think it was like 8x10😳. Wrestling and cleaning this large mat became more trouble than we were interested in dealing with. So we opted to go a with a much smaller 4x6 PVC mat and lay a rubber mat that actually drains water through the bottom. The porous heavier rubber mat lays on top which keeps the pvc mat in place should a breeze kick up. I picked up two of the small PVC mats at Wally World for $20 a piece on an end cap. One as a back up should we need to replace the old one. The new smaller mat works perfect, has held up great and is super easy to manage and clean (hose off) and take up very little room in the bed of the Beast. My attempt to make set up and break down of camp a little more user friendly.
The huge PVC mat goes in the donation stack.

Small door mats matter!!! 😂

Patriot🇺🇸

IMG_9195.thumb.jpeg.71c10ebdc6c42000f28bc2c235f595cb.jpeg

• Like 5

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, MAX Burner said:

We'll probably live with this one until a Clam is obtained...

I think I would just cut off enough of this one to fit a future Clam and seal the cut ends.

Mossey

• Like 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

We’ve had two C-Gear Original Sand-Free Mats since 2017 (10x10) and 2019 (8x11) in orange/teal. The square one fits perfectly in our six-sided CLAM enclosure.  They worked great in the teardrop, where it is too east to transfer dirt and grass inside. Now they’re perfect for the Oliver. 

They dry fast, fold relatively small, and work as advertised. They do tend to gum up with clay mud, but a good hosing off at home easily cleans them. 

I don’t know if it is still the case, as I don’t see it on their web site, but both of ours were made in the USA. The company started out making landing mats for military helicopters is sandy locations. 

• Like 4

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

39 minutes ago, MAX Burner said:

@mossemi:  That's a great point - if we get a Clam in the future, we would definitely consider the option of 2 smaller mats; which would be a perfect configuration.  Although we like the 8' x 20' and it fits into the rear garage hatch - it is not light weight by any stretch compared to the recycled bottle mats.  We had it for the AS which was a longer rig, a smaller size CGEAR mat for the Casablanca would be even better, IMO.  We'll probably live with this one until a Clam is obtained...

@MAX Burner
We bought the (5) sided clam. It fit perfectly length wise in the short bed Tundra Crewmax we previously owned. We found it more than adequate for two people and a small table. We also purchased the window covers to block out the sun. Clams are great in the fall, but can get a pretty steamy in the dog days of summer. 

Back to the magic carpet posts! 😊

Patriot🇺🇸

IMG_2619.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg