Roadside assistance

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

This comes up just about every year, for good reason. Some plans cover TV only, some cover both, and some have additional benefits, like replacement tire brought to the site if you don't have a spare. (Don't laugh.... a number of class c motorhomes DON'T  come with a spare, just like a number of new cars. Yikes, I know, but it saves on weight, cost,  etc.)

We've always used one of the good sams policies. A variety to choose from.

https://roadside.goodsam.com/plan-benefits?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=[adv:+RA]+[plt:+Google]+[fun:+Performance]+[ini:+Brand]+[tgt:+Brand]+[bil:+Direct]&campaignid=2056391751&adgroupid=76722091878&adid=597569385777&cq_cmp=2056391751&cq_con=76722091878&cq_term=good sam rv roadside&cq_plac=&cq_net=g&cq_plt=gp&gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwgsqoBhBNEiwAwe5w0-NWzBF9bm3ZEVfWfkO5vwDuI37ke_bEFY1mki7UNUKFlPo1Qdd37RoCkK8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#pcomplete-tab

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

20 hours ago, Englewoodfl said:

Looking for best roadside assistance for our tv and trailer. 

We use the Good Sam RA program, but I think the Family Motor Coach Association may be even better.  👇  FMCA now accepts all kinds of RVs.

Several years back, we had our CDory at Lake Powell with the CBrats group, and one of the boaters had a serious medical issue.  I had to go to the main channel to get a signal to call NPS.  By the time I got back into Oak Canyon, a medivac helicopter was there, and airlifted him to a larger city in Arizona.  FMCA covered the medivac flight, his wife’s transportation from Page, AZ to the hospital, and returning his motor home and boat to San Diego.  He had CO poisoning and sepsis, and was lucky to have survived.

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 2

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

• Moderators

@Wandering Sagebrush, that sounds like outstanding coverage. Glad your friend survived.

I see coachnet now covers towables, at a reasonable price, with medical evac service. 

https://coach-net.com/24-7-protect-roadside-assistance/

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We've been using USAA for over 40 years - only have had to use the "RV rider" once while on the road.  Towing our AS, the Suburban's alternator went out randomly on our way back to NM when we were about 45 miles east of OKC on I-44.  Called the USAA roadside assistance number, waited less than an hour and they showed up as promised.  The tow truck driver kept the AS connected to the Sub, lifted the steering axle, and pulled the whole mess to a local GMC dealership.  Easy peasy.  The dealership even gave us a loaner to get around with while staying in their parking lot that night.  They had us back on the road by 10am the next day.

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

We've had Coach-Net for years. The coverage includes any vehicle we drive or tow, including rentals or borrowed vehicles. We've used them for an RV mobile tech to replace a brake assembly, a tow for both our dually and fifth wheel and, just last week, a tow for my wife's car after mice chewed the electrical system. Our experience was positive each time, with quick and appropriate services dispatched.

• Thanks 3

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators

@Steph and Dud B, with that endorsement,  I'm definitely going to look at coachnet.

Unfortunately,  just as our trailer ages, so do we. (I only feel it occasionally,  but , hey, reality.) 

our cousins raved about coachnet for their motorhomes. I always thiught they wrre motorhome,  only. Obviously,  no longer true.

good sams premium (covers rentals) is roughly close in annual price.

does coachnet cover you in Canada? Thats a big deal for us.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

@Steph and Dud B, with that endorsement,  I'm definitely going to look at coachnet.

Unfortunately,  just as our trailer ages, so do we. (I only feel it occasionally,  but , hey, reality.)  The med evac insurance is a big bonus.

our cousins raved about coachnet for their motorhomes. I always thought they were motorhome,  only. Obviously,  no longer true.

Good sams premium (covers rentals) is roughly close in annual price.

Does coachnet cover you in Canada? Thats a big deal for us.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

I've been looking into switching after 54 years of AAA membership. Since AAA is regional clubs, coverage (and quality) varies widely. Too many negative reviews for me. I've been watching a lot of roadside service reviews on YouTube, and people seem to love Good Sam's until they actually need it. Stories of hours or overnight waiting for service to arrive, phone operators saying they can't find anyone to come, so sorry..., and many more bad stories. Every single review of Coach.Net that I could find was extremely positive. That's likely what I'll switch to when AAA expires this next time.

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

• Moderators

I quit AAA after years of membership due to a bad experience.

I needed a tow in Hayes, KS on a Saturday early afternoon since a wheel bearing on my SOB RV gave up the ghost on Interstate 70.  There I was - stuck - with a ton of traffic wizzing by and AAA told me that they didn't have contracts with anyone in that area that could help me.  They didn't even offer to look up the names of ANY local towing outfits and I didn't have a cell phone that could do that either.

Lucky for me that a KS State Patrol officer stopped and gave me the name of what turned out to be a great towing company that was located not 5 miles away.

The towing bill for that 5 miles was several hundred dollars and once I submitted receipts and waited 6 months I did receive a check from AAA for $75.

More than the money - it was the lack of being willing to provide any help.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

13 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Does coachnet cover you in Canada? Thats a big deal for us.

From coachnet website

“Your Premier membership protects you
anywhere you go throughout the U.S.,
Canada or Mexico.”

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

I have a rider on my Auto Owners insurance policy that for $25 a year covers all reasonable roadside assistance required.   My insurance AGENT however is the one I expect to make sure that, if needed... they make sure it's covered.

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png