Approached in the parking lot while towing my Oliver trailer

This morning I was stopped in a parking lot in Lake Havasu City, AZ, while sitting in my truck with my trailer in tow, planning my route and drinking coffee when a woman sporting a big smile approached.  We have all had this happen before so I rolled down the window and prepared to start answering questions about Oliver Travel Trailers. Not this time. The woman introduced herself and I was caught a bit off guard as I knew there would not be yet another request for me to show the inside of my messy trailer. Her name was Evon Oliver. She asked my hull number then the discussion quickly turned to Family, growing up in Michigan and things to do while in Lake Havasu City. What a wonderful surprise this morning talking to a delightful Lady. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

Was she towing an Oliver Legacy Elite III?  😁

Hey, @topgun2 - that's the 3 axle 30-footer with 3 slide-outs, right?

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

Yet another ‘out of this world of Oliver experience’! Thanks for sharing and clean up the mess, you may not be so lucky next time!

• Haha 2

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bugeyedriver said:

Awesome!  You now have more insight than most into what a wonderful family the Oliver's have.  Serendipity happens.

In 2018 or 2019 there was a group of us camping at Quartzsite.  The Olivers drove down from Lake Havasu to join us with Jim’s personal Elite II.  One evening we all decided to go out for dinner as a group.  When “check” time came the waitress said it was all taken care of.  There were at least 20 of us there, the Olivers are generous and kind.  Mike

• Like 10
  • Wow 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Last June we stopped for lunch at Petoskey Brewery in Petosley, MI. After lunch we were sitting in the truck with our Oliver in tow and a young lady knocked on the window. She introduced herself, as Ciera, Evon's granddaughter, and the granddaughter of the late Jim Oliver. She is working for I believe her uncle, Scott Oliver in his modular home construction headquartered in Linden, TN.

• Like 9

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

About five years ago while driving down A1A on east coast FL barrier island we saw a couple of Olivers  in the driveway of a small beachside house. Stopped to say hi. Jim Oliver answered the door. Great visit and spectacular memory we now have of that encounter. 

• Like 8

Scott&Ricki

2017 Legacy Elite II Twin, Hull 225, The Bus 
2007 Tundra 
Prev: 2003 Casita, 2009 Weekend Warrior 

Returned home yesterday afternoon from a 13-day Quartzsite trip.  Spotted 6 OTTs during the 1576-mile run.  Hull #’s 1441, 148, 50, and an unknown # were seen in person, 2 others were seen while driving on I-10 in the opposite direction.  Not bad, IMO, that’s 0.46 Ollies spotted per day….  Ha!

FYI: both of the OTTs on I-10 were spotted yesterday- the first one was at 10:50am westbound about 10 miles west of the AZ/NM border, white pickup TV.  The second one was about noon yesterday at approximately mile marker 65 in NM also westbound being towed by a dark colored pickup.  Anyone know who they might be?

• Like 5

spacer.png

• 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MAX Burner said:

The second one was about noon yesterday at approximately mile marker 65 in NM also westbound being towed by a dark colored pickup.  Anyone know who they might be?

The second one pulled by a dark pickup was us.  We’re at Catalina State Park, Tucson for now.  We noticed you on the eastbound side.

IMG_6929.thumb.jpeg.43e4f0829c28b0b9c3e62706efdb1fbf.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Ha!  That’s amazing!  Stayed 2 nights at Picacho Peak SP in their “rustic” area (no hook-ups).  Awesome hiking there.  Enjoy The Q!

• Like 2

spacer.png