Geronimo John

Member+
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Geronimo John last won the day on June 15

Geronimo John had the most liked content!

6 Followers

My Info

• Gender or Couple
    Couple

My RV or Travel Trailer

• Do you own an Oliver Travel Trailer, other travel trailer or none?
    I own an Oliver Travel Trailer
  • Hull #
  • Year
  • Make
    Oliver
  • Model
    Legacy Elite II
  • Floor Plan
    Twin Bed Floor Plan

Recent Profile Visitors

5,754 profile views

Geronimo John's Achievements

Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

• Posting Machine Rare
  • Dedicated
  • Conversation Starter
  • Very Popular Rare
  • Reacting Well

Recent Badges

1. If you had said "OEM Leaf Spring" I would of course agree 100%. Its only got about 11 pounds of metal and most of us agree it is undersized/undersprung for OTT OE2 fleet wide use. The Dexter 2400 pound rated PB4 PR4 is a bunch more beefy spring than the OEM ones. It weighs about a pound less than the Alcan's. So to cast dispersion on ALL four leaf springs is a streach at best. It is also an exact fit without any of the user's reported challenges that have posted about the Alcan's. GJ
  2. Like several others, I use CV2 for bearings and Mystic. kfor the suspension. GJ
  3. Jd, you would be suprised of the number of people that actually READ this important topic and don't respond publically.... but do via PM. You can sleep well knowing that there are more reasoned owners that are not going with the ALCON's 5 spring 2700 product. That said, if you go back an look at the majority of my reponses, they are typicaclly in direct response to your "exeburant yet opionated" posts. We all have agreed that some owners may need to overspring their rigs. I have pretty much spoken the logic line for the fleet, not the few who should go with such a stiff spring. Why don't we just stand down and sit back and wait to see what OTT does on future models? Or do you just like sparring?
  4. At 24,000 miles on our OE2 I chose to replace the Monroe shocks when doing springs.. All four were still functioning with no leaks or adverse signs of wear. I would consider that 5 seasons or 24K miles would be a reasonable "end of life" goal. GJ: Crazy Horse adds: "Yea on the goal, but maybe early just for highway use. But for sure not for the boondocker five-leafer herd". CH
  5. Yes the Alcan springs many have purchased are a better made spring..... but it is not the right choice for a growing number of owners that are fully considering all sides of this "agree to disagree" topic. In the opinion of several non-involved spring vendors, for our OE2 trailers, replacing a 1750 pound spring with a more expensive 2700 pound one is an expensive effort to achieve an oversprung load. Not saying that doing so is bad for some frequent extreme off-roading boondocking users, just that for the fleet in general, it is NOT believed to be THE recommended solution. So instead of repeating the same confirmation bias we have heard on both sides of this issue, let's just sit back and see what OTT is going to use on their future year models. My guess is that it will NEVER be a 2700 pound rated 5 leaf spring for the fleet in general use by OE2's. Why? Here I go again... It would be oversprung for general fleet use. PS: My Dexter PB-4 2400 pound four leaf springs fit perfectly and are doing just fine. GJ
  6. how do you get a smooth bore hose from a collapsing hose?
  7. Before doing too much, suggest verifying all the water valves in the curb side rear bunk area are fully turned in the proper direction. If one is partially shut WEIRD things happen. GJ
  8. Ok, it was sure more than a Day or Two, For those interested in the Houghton 3400 Thermistor Relocation project, the attachments are for you. I have attached GSMBear's write-up as a base reference on the concept. Study it well. My DIY Supplement addresses OTT specific info that will for sure make your life easier should you elect to do the Thermistor Relo mod. Enjoy, GJGSM BEAR V2 RecPro Houghton Interior Fan Mod v2.pdfDIY Supplement to GSM Bear's Thermistor Mod (30 JULY 2024).docx
  9. Why pay for a 5 leaf that then gets turned into a four leaf? Save the bucks and buy a four leaf that is rated more appropriately.
  10. But to the other 1,000+ owners, it may make a difference to a few of them...... 🙂
  11. Maybe. What about the taller ALCAN spring height added? Getting closer to that 10 foot number? GJ
  12. I would still prefer the 2400 rated dexter four leaf if it has more steel. One would need to compare the weights though. GJ
  13. Agree. I wonder how much this tall unit and base adds to the standard height of the trailer. For some this could be an issue as well.