Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 04/05/2017 in all areas

  1. Do you own a Partner Steel camping stove? These are actually hand-crafted stoves made of aluminum by a company in Idaho. They sell to a lot of outfitters. I'm looking at the 22" 2-burner model. It doesn't take up much space and it's light: Dimensions - 22" X 12" x 3.5"; Weight - 17lbs. I've read lots of reviews and people love this stove. Unlike the Camp Chef stoves, it is a high-pressure stove so it works really well at higher altitudes, is more wind resistant, etc. The downside is the cost. I'd love to hear from any other Ollie owners who have used a Partner Steel stove.
    3 points
  2. Tonight, I'm really happy. The forum is loading pretty quickly, I'm seeing some new faces posting.... And, yes, finally after several months, I can post on wifi. My data is turned off, and I'm posting from my favorite device, in FiOS 50/50 wifi, on my phone! Thanks, guys!!! Sherry
    2 points
  3. All We currently have 79 travel trailer enthusiasts registered for the second annual Oliver Travel Trailer Rally. We have a good mixture of Oliver owners, other Fiberglass travel trailer owners and individuals interested in travel trailer ownership. All are welcome to attend the rally. Please visitthe Oliver webpage and click on the rally tab to to see updates posted on a regular basis. We look forward to seeing you in May at the Oliver Travel Trailer Rally !
    2 points
  4. ... OTT is taking this seriously and has already secured a fix for the trailers still in their inventory, and they have already got the new screws, 2 new drawers, and a new mirror in the mail to us, so they are on the ball and making the changes needed immediately. This is a small issue and easily fixed, even on the road. Oliver has made some big changes in the last few years and they continue to do their best to give us the highest quality product out there. These Blum slides are supposed to be the top of the line and as far as sliding, they work great, they looked at my fix today with the extra screws and called me up to talk about the slides. I told them that I like them and also we talked about how to improve them. So Oliver is on it, and there's no worries about that on our end :)
    2 points
  5. I also spoke to Jason today and they have replaced the short screws with the longer. I ended up pulling the drawers out, checking all of the screws and fixing the sponge drawer by addin a piece of tooth pick to each hole. It is a soft wood laminate with simply the wrong screws. OTT is taking this seriously and has already secured a fix for the trailers still in their inventory. I scored the plywood face easily with my index fingers fingernail. On another note, the page doesn't let me run in "Visual" mode anymore, so I have no spell check anymore and sometimes I peck too fast on this little tablet... So I am appologizing for some of the incorrect spelling that you guys are seeing of mine because I'm just to lazy to go back and fix it when I see them all. It's nothing serious, so please take my bad spelling with a grain oif salt :)
    2 points
  6. I have over 40,000 miles on my Oliver II purchased in 2015 hull #81 and friends we travel a lot with in hull #82 with probably more miles than we do have never had any problem with our drawers or anything that Oliver did not bend over backwards to fix, even when it was not their issue but purchased product issues. We have traveled the Rockies, Desert, Hot Summers in the south and frost heaves in Alaska trips, not to say this can't happen but when you are in something mechanical you should always be prepared. Happy travels for all and see you at the rally or the open roads I just had to drop my 2 cents worth on the forum, Thanks Gary
    2 points
  7. Reed, it's been a long time since I built kitchens, but that clip looks installed backwards (left and right are swapped) you should be able to squeeze the orange clip towards the outer edge of the drawer. And the metal should be up against the side wood. Edit - Sorry, just made the picture bigger and can see that screws aren't actually attached.
    1 point
  8. Hi Matt and Helpers, Thank you guys for all your great work. Our Forum appears to be working very well! Buzzy
    1 point
  9. Oh, thats not great. Are you on Android, or iPhone? iPad? If not iPad, which tablet? I haven't tried my tablet lately. I was just gloating a few minutes ago, because I've been able to post, for the first time ever in months, from my verizon Android turbo on wifi, without chewing data minutes. I, too, back up every potential post on copy/clipboard.. Just in case. It's been a bear lately. Hope it improves for you, too, very soon. IT is migrating our forum to new format, as we type. It will be awhile, as there is a lot of old data and photos. We have no ETA for the end product. Could be a week or two... Or? The last time we did a data migration, the forum was down for almost a week. Moving it live could take longer. Thanks for hanging in. Sherry
    1 point
  10. Karen, I think the solution to my oven problem is to just follow you and Reed around. That pizza is amazing. BTW, do you use the pizza oven for other items? Quiche? Meatloaf? Brownies. Thanks for the vids. You two have great stories to share, and we all appreciate them. Sherry
    1 point
  11. If we were looking for a lightweight, but sturdy, high altitude capable stove, I'd definitely look at the Partner. Great reviews from outfitters taking out big groups. I'd have to look at the price as an equivalent of our 40 year old PE Luke gimballed range on the boat. Handbuilt aluminum, except for the spiders, which are heat holding cast iron, and pretty much bullet proof as a stove. We've replaced hoses,cleaned burners, replaced the oven handle , and can't find a replacement oven thermometer, but gee. The Luke was built in 1976... What can I expect? FYI, camp chef makes a high pressure, also aluminum version, called the mountaineer x, I think. It's a little less. Not handmade in the US. For a few bucks more,and regular high altitude work, I personally would choose the Idaho made partner, but that's me. Camp chef makes some very well reviewed products. However, the portable products they make use a lot of BTu. In stoves, thats measured in consumption, not real world output/gain. Output/gain is determined by many factors, especially wind, however. A 20# tank is about 90k BTu, I think. If you size pans to burner size, and guard flames from excess wind, you're good with a lot of stoves. And Commanche, if you still have the vintage Coleman, I'd keep it. For sure. It's a great legacy item. Don't make them the same anymore, especially if you have the early Canadian build. Sherry
    1 point
  12. We have an old Coleman stove also :) Very Old, and was given to us for free :) Always works when we need it. If I didn't already have enough stoves, the partner stove looks nice enough but way over priced for what you get that I can see and then you still need a table to put it on and propane, pots,pans,a griddle... a pizza oven maybe?. The stove might work at 10,000 feet but unfortunately... Karen & I don't work well ourselves at all over 8000' and it looks just like the $50.00 Coleman. Do you really want a small high tech camp stove that still needs propane just like a small Coleman? I've never seen these in action,they look great, but do they come with everything that you want? Out of all of the outfitters that recommend this stove, how many actually use it for the groups that they take out and cook for? We can cook breakfast for 12 people easily with ours, it comes with its own table built in and works just fine at the 7000' level that we max out at. We usually camp at 5500 or below these days. Where 8000' wasn't an issue 10 years ago, these days Karen can't be safely taken above 7300' or she starts getting altitude sickness and needs oxygen to live up that high. So for us, we have differrent needs and cook for groups when we cook outside, so the 3 burners was a minimum for us. I appologize for the rambling, I'm just a little biased it seems. The Partner Stove looks great, it just works where we don't, so I'm a little jealous :)
    1 point
  13. I believe this is the correct seat replacement, it's enameled wood instead of plastic. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CXB7CWS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&amp%3Bqid=1491356689&amp%3Bsr=8-1&amp%3Bpi=SL75_QL70&amp%3Bkeywords=dometic%2B310%2Bseat&th=1&psc=1
    1 point
  14. As stated in an earlier post in this thread, I too, have had no issues with my drawers with the previous style drawer slides; I find them to be quite rugged, and never have opened regardless of road conditions- so I am surprised that Anita said that they switched to the current ones because of issues. That said, I do think there should be some guidance or some reasonable expectations as to how much weight should be placed in them. As I have read through this forum over time, it is clear that there are different types of traveling "styles" from being minimalist to carrying everything including the kitchen sink. I can't help but think that how the drawers are used will impact the performance regardless of the hardware used. It is clear to me though just from the photos, that the switch from the old style to the new was not an improvement.
    1 point
  15. Think I'll just stick with my ancient Coleman stove. Stan
    1 point
  16. I don't have one yet, but it's what we picked after a bit of research. Funny because I was just thinking about this today. We're also looking a the wider 2-burner - the regular one I think would be a tight fit for bigger skillets. They do seem to be the go to stove for among guides and seasoned campers - the crowd over at expedition portal certainly think they're the best. I like that they sell repair kits. The only drawback I've heard is that they can be a little tough to simmer on since they have such a high output. That, and the price, of course.
    1 point
  17. Excellent find Don. I'm now researching them also.
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • ERIC B earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • joman earned a badge
      One Year In
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Year In
    • carpenter went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Powderkeg11 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      First Post
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Gene G. earned a badge
      One Year In
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • GregCA earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • FirstApex earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • Aaron Wolters earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • DBL-R went up a rank
      Explorer
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information