Jump to content

dewdev

Member+
  • Posts

    844
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by dewdev

  1. @Ken_Judy I had my 2018 hull #354 Elite II last fall upgraded with lithion batteries. The existing 4 AGM batteries were removed and the old Xantrex 2000 inverter was removed, since it did not have a switch to allow lithion batteries. Four 130 ah Lithionic batteries and a Xantrex Freedom XC 3000 Pro Inverter-charger was installed. The battery wiring did not need to be replaced as they were the correct size. The existing charger was left in place but the charger wires were removed and its existing AC and DC breakers-fuses are still utilized. No other hardwear was required to be installed. I can run the Dometic AC (with it soft starter) utilizing the inverter in the on position. If fact, I use the AC to bring the batteries down do 50% prior to removing them for the witner months. This takes about 2 hours + to get from 100% to 50%. To run the AC for longer time periods would require either more ah battery capacity or a standby generator to charge the batteries or connected to AC to charge the batteries.
  2. Could someone attending the upcoming 2026 Oliver Rally ask the Oliver folks: Now that Oliver is back to only selling from their facilities in TN (no retail RV companies), can the Classified section be reopened on the forum to allow used Oliver's to be advertised there,
  3. You might want to call OTT and ask them how they would recommend to repair it. Jason Essary might be the best person to ask as he has been involved in production. (They may be hard to reach right now as they are getting ready for the Oliver Rally. @gorby:L It would be helpful for us to give you better answers, if you added to your signature line the year, hull number and model of your Oliver.
  4. I am thinking of buiying a 2026 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali which comes standard with the Premium Suspension featuring Adaptive Ride Control (ARC) Do people that have the GMC Denali find that it halls the Elite II without problems like no porpoising when going over bumps? Does the rear end of the truck squat a lot when conneccting to the Elite II. I would appreciate any information you can share.
  5. JD1923: I should clarify my issue. We have a Dometic 3 way RM2454 refigerator. Out charger/inverter is a Xantrex Freedom XC 3000 Pro Inverter. So the situation was: After the 3rd day of camping, we left the campground to go to the fair and was gone 4 hours. Upon getting back to the trailer, the refigerator was off completely. I tried turning the unit on and it would not start up on AC. I then switched it on DC and the Xantrex started up (likely to charge the batteries) and did ot turn off. Since it is under my wife's bed, I know the noise would be too much for her. I then switched it to propane and it ran fine. The next day after I thought about it for awhile, I pushed the auto switch in and out for a few times, as it would not activate the first time and only run on propane. After working the Auto switch a couple of time it finally worked and switched to AC. So the moral of the story is.: 1. I think that one of us had accidently hit the on/off switch before leaving the trailer. The auto swtich had not been pushed for a couple of years, so the contacts may have been dirty. 2. I have always found the button operation to be difficult to get it to ingage, maybe due to dirty contacts. That would explain difficulity in getting the refig started again and switching to AC. 3. After discussing the siuation with a knowledgable friend, he suggested buying a new eyebrow board from Dinosaur Electronics who make a better board the Dometic, which I have ordered. I also ordered a new Dometic board (which includes the face plate) since the cost was less than $5.00. I will now have 2 back up boards when needed. Other explalination would be appreciated.
  6. @mossemi I just tried running my (original 2018) 3-way Dometic Refigerator on DC batteries. When I did, the charger/inverter ran the entire time. Made for too much noise when trying to sleep. Do you notice that as a problem in your installation and/or how did you eliminate that issue?
  7. @pfin3 We did not want to deal with using toppers. Just another item to move. We bought KTT mattresses in 2020 and still love them. More comfortable then the mattresses at home. I used Hypervent matting under the mattresses, which we strongly recommend to be installed. They are a little on the heavy side but are manageable. We chedked out the KTT mattresses and the Southern Mattress company mattresses. The KTT mattresses are made in Connecuit and we drove there to pick them up and saved shipping costs. Richard, the owner, was very nice and easy to deal with and he made them a slight bit stiffer, at our request, then his usual mattresses which at the time Oliver used. I am not sure if Oliver still buys from them if mattresses are requested instead of the standard cushions.
  8. @Dennis and Melissa What is the area code for Barker?
  9. Check with Tim's RV in Erving, MA They boght a lot of parts from companies going out of business or stopping making models.
  10. In the past, I have used RVparky for my trip planning. I have 5 trips saved on the site and it will not allow me to add another trip unless I pay to upgrade to the PRO version. Are there any other trip planning sites to use that are FREE to use (not with a 7 day trial)? Thanks
  11. The back of the shower box is exposed in my 2018. The hose at the shower head was leaking. I replaced the entire shower hose and it was easily assessable to unscrew the old hose and screw on the new one.
  12. Looking at this trip later in August using the following interstates. Traveling north on I-10 to I-65 to I-85 to I-40 to I-85 to I-95. Has anyone have any thoughts (positive or negative) on using these interstates? Thanks
  13. I know there has been a bit of discussion on replacing window glass in hte past, but the search function did not find what I was looking for, so I would like some input from those in the know. One of my fixed (not slider) window thermoglass panes is clouding between the panes. I am guessing there is a break in the seal between the thermopanes. Has this happend to anyone? Has anyone been able to have just the glass replaced? How would I get this fixed window removed to take to a repair shop? Can any glass shop do the replacement? Thanks
  14. @Mroth Do you have the original manufacdtures springs on it?
  15. @TimD This forum is not monitored by Oliver TT. You should make that recommendation to Oliver directly. Or maybe one of the monitrators can forward that one to OTT.
  16. @DanielBoondock I would be interested in finding out what your vibration road test results will be. Please let us all know.
  17. Not sure if this is of any help, but I have attached the dimensional drawing for the Oliver front box, FYI.
  18. @Galway Girl Thanks for your post. Great pictures Did you make advance reservations at the CG's in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI and Cape Bretton? Were you at those locations during September and early October? What were the outside temperatures during that time? Thanks
  19. Hi All: Do you have any recommendations for campgrounds in Nova Scotia that you enjoyed?
  20. @routlaw Don't give up so soon. My wife has had both hips replaced and both knees replaced. She had the last knee done in 2024 on the day before Thanksgiving. (The first one 2 years before that one.) It takes a number of months to recover and it takes about a full year before you do not know it was done. She was told to expect to get 130 to 135 degrees of flex, not what you said. You do need to keep up the PT to get the flex back, so do not stop PT and after the PT sessions are done you will probably need to do the exercises yourself at home if your muscles are still complaining. After a year, she was able to knee down, but uses a foam pad to knee on. So do not give up on the OTT and camping. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me and I can get you in touch with my wife.
  21. Where to buy a small quantity of reflectix insulation? What type of adhesive should I use to keep it in place on the battery door and the cellar door?
  22. @ripple963 We live in Maine and I store our 2018 Elite II outside without any cover and have not had any problems. I do clean and wax the Olie prior to storing it for the winter. In the spring, I do have to remove some rain stains on the side. I use a fiberglass soap which removes the stains. I then put on 2 coats of wax (wipe on wipe off) which generally lasts for the summer. A friend of mine who also owns a Ollie and lives in Maine stores his ouside without any cover. If I lived in the south, where the sun is strong all year long, I would invest in a cover.
  23. @grweber1 The 80 psi is the MAXIMUM pressure that the tire is rated for. Tire inflation is based on the weight the 4 tires see. Refer to Wayfinders post above yours. Also OTT is not recommending 80 psi.
  24. @2008RN I belive the answer is yes. See the youtube video below on how to set it up.
  25. @HDRider Jeff: I do not think the bumper needs to be removed. On my OTT, Elite II, the trailer hitch receiver needs to be removed.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information