Jump to content

topgun2

Moderators
  • Posts

    7,789
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    467

Everything posted by topgun2

  1. Mossemi is THE GUY you want to talk to regarding mounting bikes up front. Good luck! Bill
  2. THE GUY you want to talk to at length about this is ScubaRx (Steve). I'm sure that he can tell you the good, the bad and the very ugly on this topic. I'd bet that there is no way at all for you to convince Oliver to do this mod for you and/or have virtually any part in doing it. But, what do I know? Good luck! Bill
  3. Dave - In reading the Amazon reviews for the Levelmate Pro, there are several reviews that claim it really "eats through batteries". And there was at least one review that claimed the battery was not held very tightly inside the case. I'd check to make sure that the battery is where it should be. While the battery issue just might also be the cause of the signal loss - you might try moving the Levelmate to a higher location in order to improve the signal strength. Good luck! Bill
  4. "They" could be just "messin" with you🙄. Bill
  5. My bad - that's what I get for being in a hurry. Certainly it was not the gutters that you were talking about. In FrankC's photo above of his gutters it is probably not necessary to extend the gutters down that far on the sides of the windows unless you like them that way. I think that I see that we both got your pics turned around.
  6. You probably should have extended the edges of this "gutter" down the sides of the windows a bit in order to give the 3M tape a bit more surfaces to really secure it to the side of the Ollie. If these "ends" of the gutter start to lift or separate from the Ollie, you can use an adhesive called E6000 ( like This) which is available at WalMart, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, Ace, etc. to reattach it. A small amount of the glue and hold it in place for about 24 hours with some blue painter's tape and you are good to go. Bill
  7. This very thing has happened to me twice over the years. A phone call or Service ticket results in receiving a new grease cap and center hub "plug" within a couple of days. However, I too have resorted to heavier duty grease caps and I also carry a couple of spares with me on the road. Ones like THESE are easier to seat while out on the road. Bill
  8. Interesting comments by Toyota can be found HERE. Bill
  9. I love chili recipes too! 😵
  10. Nice hat - nice camp ground. But, a very suspect individual eating the chili!🙄
  11. All credit for the drawing should go to GalwayGirl. All I did was remember his work and find it.🙂 Bill
  12. It sure would be "slick" if you and ScubaRx were in adjacent sites so that a side by side comparison could be made. Going to make sure that I've got an extra pair of sunglasses for this one!😁 Bill
  13. Kirk - Does THIS exterior measurement sketch help you at all? Bill
  14. Why? You got an issues with driving over to California (North Bay)?😁
  15. I also went the rechargeable route - for a time. I really didn't like adding all of those regular batteries to the landfill plus having to carry such a large number of spares. Unfortunately, one of the "issues" with rechargeable is that they simply didn't give me much warning when they were nearing the end of their life. They seemed to re-charge normally but would not last very long nor hold a charge in the un-used state very long. So, at least for now, I'm back to feeding the landfill ☹️. Bill
  16. Most - if not all - the current models of dashcams have multiple ways of getting to the video files. This has never been an issue with any of the cameras I've been interested in. Also, I too have a TPMS, Garmin 890 (and the truck's navigation system), cell phone, dashcam, rearview camera screen, radar detector, and laptop - all in that central area of the truck. I have never experienced ANY issues with any of these devices interfering with anything. Bill
  17. One of the reasons I changed to metal stems. Bill
  18. Garmin makes a nice small one that easily connects to the mirror in late model Fords (and other vehicle brands too). A couple of years ago after doing a bunch of reviews (as JD suggests) and watching a bunch more YouTube videos, I bought a front and rear dash cam that went by the trade name of Apeman. As a friend of mine suggested - perhaps that alone is why I bought it? However, I'd like to think that it had a ton of features, allowed for about a 320 degree view, all at 1080p and the price (on sale) was under $140. Since this camera will give me a warning if it has recorded something that I should see - it does this automatically in the event of an accident, movement or noise even if the vehicle is not on (parked) and/or I'm not in it. Of course it also records constantly while I'm driving. Whatever you decide to buy, be sure to get a large data card for it (I've got a 128 gig card and some newer cameras will take an even larger card). Virtually all of these cameras record to the data card until they are full and then simply start to overwrite the oldest data. My camera does this except that it will not overwrite anything that has been saved due to an "event" - either identified on its own or by me. Happy shopping! Bill
  19. I've watched a fair number of videos on YouTube done by Long, Long Honeymoon (LOLOHO) about Vinnies. They swear by the guys that Vinnies works with for their ceramic coating and had their Airstream done there. Bill
  20. Solid or hollow on the underside? What's it weigh? Bill
  21. I've never had to use anything under or over my Andersen levelers. I had read that the purpose of those pads was to help prevent the levelers from slipping on the pavement when one tried to pull up on them. Whenever I'm concerned about slipping (and most other times too) I "set" the Andersens under my wheels by giving them a tap with a two pound rubber mallet. Bill p.s. I have seen a couple of people place grippy traction "tape" on the top sides of the levelers ( like THIS)
  22. And another one. Just released an hour ago. Bill
  23. Thanks Bill and Seadawg for getting a name that I can now publicly call these things. The language that I've historically used is not really suitable for mixed company!😇 Given the distance that my Oliver is parked away from the mulch beds I can attest to the fact that these little buggers are packing some pretty powerful ammo! Bill
  24. I'm going to alert a person who is way higher than my pay grade as to this issue - Jason Walmsley. Jason is a pretty busy fellow - so - it might take him several days to get on this. Bill
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information