Jump to content

topgun2

Moderators
  • Posts

    7,789
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    467

Everything posted by topgun2

  1. Nan - A "tow package" normally includes an integrated brake controller, additional oil cooler and/or transmission cooler, a larger gas tank, perhaps integrated on-board software that can control sway, extended blind spot monitoring for the additional length of what is being towed, a frame mounted hitch and perhaps additional items. I'm not exactly sure what a "tow hitch" is supposed to mean. I'd certainly ask for a much better explanation of exactly what items are included. Bill
  2. WOW! I'll bet THAT caught your attention! Glad to hear that everyone was OK with the possible exception of nerves. Can you tell us how the Oliver performed given the circumstance - did it sway, did it lurch, did it bounce, did it etc.? How far did you have to tow it after the wheels came off? Did any "parts" hit the pavement other than the hubs? How fast were you traveling? Did anyone stop to help you? ETC., etc. Bill p.s. Where are you? Do you need help? There just might be another Oliver Owner nearby that could offer assistance.
  3. If you can find a way to fit a factory tour into your investigation, you would be well served to do so. They are really put together with quality materials though out. In the meantime, if you have questions - let them fly! Bill
  4. Trainman - Two things: First: wasn't it on this date that the "golden spike" was driven? Second: I did a quick "search" and could not find it, but, if my memory serves me well I think that Mike & Carol have a front storage box and they even did a post about it. You might want to PM them. I know that they are on the road to the Rally but with a PM Mike & Carol would be sure to see your question. Bill
  5. If you really need reinforcement of how good the Oliver Service department is and the Overall Oliver Travel Trailer Company is then a quick read of the unfortunate situation that a new Airstream "Nest" finds himself in will only serve to galvanize your beliefs in the Oliver. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/airstream-nest-quality-88974.html Bill
  6. Mav - Yes, mine has always been mounted in the spare tire cover. I did a post on this Forum about it but at the moment I'm running to a dentist appt - if you can't find it I'll have to look for it later. For the cost (about $250 complete) it is good. The only "bad" thing is that on rainy days it gets more road spray than a camera mounted higher would. I also assume that the resolution on the camera sold by Oliver is better. But, my resolution is fine (both day and night) for seeing things that I need to see - trees, rocks, picnic tables, kids, etc - I just have a hard time reading bumper stickers and license plates. Bill
  7. JD - You must have picked up Mouse when they were in the middle of a renovation then. Basically, this area has looked the same since (at least) before I ordered Twist in July, 2015. The "Sales" area of this same building has had at least a couple of renovations over the years and the "garage" area has had things moved around, but, no real changes. Looking towards the "Sales" area in February, 2016 Installation of rearview camera with south facing window. Basically there are two "bays in this area with Santa's rig being in the western most of the two and both garage doors exiting to the north. Bill
  8. I've had a bit of difficulty posting a "welcome" given I've been on the road a bit. But, better late than never? I'm not sure that knowing my new Oliver was completed I could wait months to pick it up. However, now that you have it you can proceed to start adding even more things. See you at the Rally! Bill
  9. JD - Hopefully you are kidding? That shop is at the rear of the Oliver Sales office - it is indoor/outdoor carpet, there is water and electric in there but no sewer. Santa - Good looking rig to include the color matching Chevy and, not a bad number either. Hopefully you will be at the Owner's Rally given it is a fairly short drive for you guys. Bill
  10. wolfdds - I know that Raspy is on the road headed to the 2019 Owner's Rally at the moment. So, he might be a bit delayed in getting back to you. Bill
  11. Trainman - You can't go wrong by viewing the Dexter video that Rideandfly posted above for the wheel bearings. Assuming that you have the EZFlex suspension system then you will need to pay attention to that chore separately. It calls for a lube every 3,000 miles using NLGI: Grade 2 (GC-LB) grease. Bill p.s. When first lubing my suspension I added zerk caps to help keep those a bit cleaner. This really helps when doing this job while on the road. https://www.amazon.com/Grease-Fitting-Polyethylene-Clipsandfasteners-Inc/dp/B0040CWX7C/ref=sr_1_7?crid=CR70OEOH7C4B&keywords=grease+zerk+caps&qid=1557241325&s=gateway&sprefix=zerk+caps%2Caps%2C140&sr=8-7
  12. Duane - I do know that this has been done by at least two Oliver owners and (hopefully) they will chime in here. However, if it were me, I'd give Jason and/or Richie in the Service Department at Oliver a call. I'm sure that they will be able to help you. Bill
  13. As Mike said - it may be an option or even standard equipment at this point. During our build I had only one "set" (12 volt plus USB ports) put into the nightstand. Bottom line is - either way it certainly can be done either by the factory or if you are a bit "handy" you can fairly easily do it yourself. Bill
  14. Of course you know that you don't have to be owners (yet) in order to attend. You sure could get a great head start on knowing about your new Oliver at the Rally and you'd have some fun while doing it too. Bill
  15. Come on down! As more of us get on the road to the 2019 Rally, please be careful out there on those roads. Can't wait to see everyone. Bill
  16. I simply hate all those "idiot" lights that are flashing or are always on. I'd either put a piece of tape over it or a dab of paint on it just so I didn't have to look at it. Even though the tank is vented I did (one time) get odor from the grey tank. I bought and used a grey tank deodorizer that took care of that problem: https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Control-Drains-Treats-Holding/dp/B0006IX80U/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1UNZIILJ9KK6H&keywords=grey+tank+deodorizer&qid=1557078266&s=gateway&sprefix=grey+tank+deoderizer%2Caps%2C150&sr=8-2 Having said all that - I always leave the tank valve closed unless I'm actually camping. Bill
  17. Looks like you got it covered - when the TV stations are weak in the first place just about anything that is possible will make them worse. I guess you could put an RF filter on that bathroom fan, but, it hardly seems worth it to me. Bill
  18. Nope - not normal. Did you turn the signal booster "on" - a green LED should light when you press the small black button on a switch usually located in the "attic" (large storage compartment at the back of the camper)? Bill
  19. Trainman - The specific answer to your question is: 40. Note that this number includes the "expansion links" but does not include either the turnbuckles nor the threaded pieces that hold the red bushings. As you will find out, the brackets that attach to the frame of the Oliver can be adjusted back and forth to some degree. This could allow for a link or two plus or minus. Also, there are a couple of owners that have placed the brackets in the center of the frame (John Davies being one of these owners) as opposed to the more normal outside locations. Bill
  20. I thought that I had posted pictures of this solar panel previously. I use it for winter storage (25 watts) and received it in trade from another Forum member. It has the 7 pin connector and it is really easy to install. Bill
  21. I'm constantly telling people about the Oliver company and I always get the sense that they simply think I'm so in love with the travel trailer that I must have blinders on. I guess the answer is that when one does not have any other company that operates the way Oliver does there is nothing to relate it to. Certainly no company can be that good! Well, at least in my experience, Oliver IS that good. Bill
  22. Steve - Thanks for the warning! When the wheels were off during the tire rotation I did a visual inspection and 1. there was little grease "splashed around" inside the wheel hub and 2. there appeared to be plenty of grease in and around the castle nut. I'll be at the factory right at the end of June and ask them to take a closer look and I have no long trips planned in the meantime. However, I must admit that even driving the 10 miles back to the storage facility today I kept an eye on the temperature readings. See you two soon at the Rally. Bill
  23. In preparing for the 2019 Owner's Rally I thought that it was time to actually get my new metal tire stems because of my new TPMS and at the same time have the tires rotated and balanced. Two days ago, when I brought TWIST home from the storage facility I noticed that the chrome "plug" in the center of the front driver's side wheel was missing. Upon closer inspection I found that the hub/spindle cap was simply rattling around in the chrome cover on the wheel. Apparently that was the reason the plug was missing. Yesterday I took Twist to a local tire shop and they installed the metal stems, balanced and rotated the tires. They also tapped the hub/spindle cap back on. Total price - $53.00 - not including the tip I gave the two guys that did the work. When I got home I emailed Jason Essary and told him about the missing plug. Not only did he get a replacement in the mail right away, but, he cautioned me to make sure I checked the wheels for "play" in that it was possible that the nut securing the bearings was not torqued properly in the first place. While I've greased and re-packed bearings on boat and camper trailers ever since I was about 12 years old, it never crossed my mind that this just may have been the reason for the loose cap. A big thank you goes to Jason for reminding me. Bill p.s. upon checking the wheels for "play" - everything was OK.
  24. I'll add a bit to mountainoliver's statements - the air bags, sumo springs and/or helper springs do virtually nothing for "porpoising" (that dreaded bounce that is most often caused by expansion joints on the interstates). The Andersen WDH vastly improves this issue while at the same time leaving the warranty on that 2019 pickup intact. Bill
  25. I think that the most likely source of the problem would be at the trailer connector/pigtail that you plug into your tow vehicle. I would look for a short there most likely caused by water and/or dirt. Bill
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information