Starlink Mini Roam $50.00 a month

Patriot

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

I've looked at a number of conversations on the mini, on Reddit and other spots. Sweet. Runs on 12v, with mods to the cord.

50gb limit is fine if you just surf the web, do email, etc. Don't count on several movies a night. Download ahead of time.

Nice addition to the starlink stable.

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

20 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

I'm assuming (looking briefly at the website) that it requires a different hardware purchase, but the benefit being $50/mo in lieu of $150/mo -- am I reading that correctly? That would make a huge difference for me, as I don't stream very much at all. 

• Like 3

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

2024.04.29 - ALAZARCOFLGAIAKSKYLAMONENMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYBBBBBBsm.jpg

On 7/24/2024 at 1:21 PM, rideandfly said:

David,

You have me looking at this, too. If you buy one, want to see how your system works!

For sure Bill. I am thinking it over and have not pulled the trigger yet. Lots of strong reviews in the tuber world. I maaaay let the dust settle and see if the price drops after this initial roll out. 

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

On 7/24/2024 at 3:15 PM, SeaDawg said:

I've looked at a number of conversations on the mini, on Reddit and other spots. Sweet. Runs on 12v, with mods to the cord.

50gb limit is fine if you just surf the web, do email, etc. Don't count on several movies a night. Download ahead of time.

You are right @SeaDawg 50gb will deplete quickly streaming.
I really like the compact and portability and you can pay to add more gb. Decisions, decisions.

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

On 7/24/2024 at 3:15 PM, SeaDawg said:

I always download movies to my phone before we leave on a trip, but still haven't found a way to stream them to our smart TV without a high speed internet connection. I've tried Wi-Fi direct to the TV, screen mirroring through a Chromecast dongle, and using a USB to HDMI cable from the phone to the TV but all I ever get is a black screen with sound only. Seems like Netflix and Amazon Prime have all those methods locked down. If anyone has a work around I'd love to hear about it!

• Like 1

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

• Moderators

@CRM, I do this with my mom's smart TV,  as she is visually impaired, and can't see videos and photos on my phone screen, or even a laptop.

Have you tried a different adaptor and cable? (I'm sure you have set the input for the TV on the proper hdmi input, right?)

We had an issue on one Alaska delivery trip with an odd brand TV. We stopped at a best buy in Canada, and bought a different cable and adaptor, and finally had success. Some devices just don't play well with each other, apparently. 

Try doing all the connections first, then turn on the TV, then switch thru inputs til you see your phone screen before you start the playback, maybe. Give the devices time to "boot up" and shake hands.

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

15 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

@CRM, I do this with my mom's smart TV,  as she is visually impaired, and can't see videos and photos on my phone screen, or even a laptop.

Have you tried a different adaptor and cable? (I'm sure you have set the input for the TV on the proper hdmi input, right?)

We had an issue on one Alaska delivery trip with an odd brand TV. We stopped at a best buy in Canada, and bought a different cable and adaptor, and finally had success. Some devices just don't play well with each other, apparently. 

Try doing all the connections first, then turn on the TV, then switch thru inputs til you see your phone screen before you start the playback, maybe. Give the devices time to "boot up" and shake hands.

Ive tried all those things and still no go.. I can get the screen to cast to the TV but the second I try and use downloaded Netflix or Prime movies the screen just goes black and I only have sound. Also, each work fine as long as I have a good internet connection.

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.