Proud Elite II New Owner

dewdev

I just took delivery of my used 2018 Oliver Elite II yesterday.

It took me 5 months of research of trailers and 3 months of looking on the Oliver Forum to finally buy this Oliver. Three other Oliver trailers that I wanted to buy were sold prior to me "pulling the trigger". I was the first person to respond to the ad on the forum for my Hull # 354 which had all the options I wanted on it. 

The original trailer owner lived in Michigan and because of my worry of traveling with COVID virus, he was nice enough to deliver it to me in Maine. I can't wait for spring so I can wash and wax the outside and get the Ollie ready for its maiden trip with me.

I plan to replace the front Oliver log with a outline of the State of Maine and a red lobster on top of the outline. If you see it in your travels be sure to say hi.

I want to thank the Oliver Service people for all their help in pricing out options that I wanted on the other trailers I was looking at (and now do not need with my Oliver).

Richard

Edited by dewdev
  • Like 2

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• Moderators

Richard - 

Welcome and congrats!

There will probably still be things that you will want to do to your "new" Oliver and now you have it for the balance of the winter so you can start getting those things done.  Perhaps start with a nice cleaning and polishing of the interior?  Anything we can do - just yell - there is always someone here to help.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Welcome to anotha Mainah!  There are a bunch of us Mainer owners on the forum.  We are up the coast in New Harbor.  I grew up in Cumberland and we kept our boat at Handy Boat in Falmouth until we moved to New Harbor.

Maniac has the State of Maine on the front of his trailer.  It is a different design from what you describe.  Maniac, Bob Hunt, referred us and several others to Banana Banners in Bowdionham, for graphics design and creation.  We have also referred others.  So far everyone is happy with the results and experience.  They would be worth investigating if you don't already have someone lined up.  Good folks!

We are going to Portland tomorrow.  We are thinking of taking our new puppy out on Casco Bay Lines as part of his socialization, along with a few other stops!

Welcome and enjoy your Ollie!!!!

Welcome from hull #211. Agree that Robin and crew at 'Banana Banners' does a fine job, and are creative and friendly folks. Real easy to work with. ( probably help get the old one off?).

With the state outline and the lobster you should be great. I find with my design folks "from away" and while out of state, people know where we are from. However in state, especially up north, with the state outline and the state seal and color, we have been mistaken for the State Police Crime Lab. As they hide inside  you can see the curtains flutter...lol.

Where is your "home port"? If you want to talk about the trailer or need a hand, be sure to reach out. We are not that far away from Brunswick. I think now we have on the high side of over 10 within 30 miles of here.

A side note: the 54 Chevy will not haul the Oliver, it's only 6 volt...IMG_20200702_131207.thumb.jpg.dbe9370da641695b559042cb59161e10.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks All

Mainiac I like your logo. The first time I saw an Elite II was the end of the summer and the person lived in Sebago, Maine. He had a Maine logo and as I remember it the logo showed hunting and fishing locations (or something like that).

My sign  guy,  (Sign Concepts)   in Portland tells me we need to wait until the outside temparture is above 60 degrees so it will adher ok so it will be awhile. When I get it installed I will post a picture.

Richard

P.S. Maybe this summer (after we all get our COIVD vaccines) us Mainahs and our NH neighbors can get together at some camping spot in Maine and have a Oliver get together. Looks like there are at least 5 or 6 of us that I am aware of. 

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

7 hours ago, dewdev said:

Thanks All

Mainiac I like your logo. The first time I saw an Elite II was the end of the summer and the person lived in Sebago, Maine. He had a Maine logo and as I remember it the logo showed hunting and fishing locations (or something like that).

My sign  guy,  (Sign Concepts)   in Portland tells me we need to wait until the outside temparture is above 60 degrees so it will adher ok so it will be awhile. When I get it installed I will post a picture.

Richard

P.S. Maybe this summer (after we all get our COIVD vaccines) us Mainahs and our NH neighbors can get together at some camping spot in Maine and have a Oliver get together. Looks like there are at least 5 or 6 of us that I am aware of. 

Congrats to you #354 ! Count us (#685) in on a Maine get together this summer..

Mark & Deb..2020 Elite II..Dearie..Hull #685..2016 Tundra

AZARCAFLMSNMOKPATNTXsm.jpg

15 hours ago, dewdev said:

Maybe this summer (after we all get our COIVD vaccines) us Mainahs and our NH neighbors can get together at some camping spot in Maine and have a Oliver get together. Looks like there are at least 5 or 6 of us that I am aware of. 

There has been quite a bit of interest in a Maine gathering. It has slowed since the government here has limited the numbers that can gather. I am sure the weather has played a part too. A casual count has placed at least 10 Olivers in southern/ midcoast Maine. I can't think of any that have a Maine symbol, but we have not seen all of the newer ones, though we know they are out there.

Thinking we might have to be careful about having a gathering. Once when mentioned some from Mass. wanted to be included. Then a Missouri based one said "Please include me". Next was a Casita owner wanted to join in, ( and there are Scamps around). The Oliver factory said they would help with logos and stuff. Next thing you know, we would have a full blown Rally. And everybody wants to go to Acadia and eat lobster.

Where do you think we could all gather? And how many would show up? 

• Moderators

Personally,  I'm very happy that all of you Mainers are looking forward to a rally. I hope it can happen. 

Even happier, for the big Ollie population in such a small population state .

We have a couple cousins up there. Could we become "unofficial " dropins, someday? 

Another year, when there are fewer restrictions.  

Sherry 

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Build it and they will come.

Pick a place, pick a date(s) - and they will come.

Foy and Mirna have some experience with that.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"