CGI in NC

topgun2

• Moderators

The guys from CGI Detailing "camped" in our lower level last night for the first night of a trip around North Carolina.

After a quick breakfast this morning we were out the door headed for the storage facility where I have to keep my Oliver.  After a quick look and some elbow grease it was decided that Twist was back to looking as it should.  The guys then headed off towards Charlotte but made a stop at Mount Mitchell (highest point in the east at 6684 feet) located just off the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Not only do these guys do good work, but, they also stand behind that work and they are fun to be around.  Very much in what has become the "Oliver Tradition".  My only regret is that I didn't have them do the ceramic coating sooner.

Bill

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

The guys from CGI Detailing "camped" in our lower level last night for the first night of a trip around North Carolina.

After a quick breakfast this morning we were out the door headed for the storage facility where I have to keep my Oliver.  After a quick look and some elbow grease it was decided that Twist was back to looking as it should.  The guys then headed off towards Charlotte but made a stop at Mount Mitchell (highest point in the east at 6684 feet) located just off the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Not only do these guys do good work, but, they also stand behind that work and they are fun to be around.  Very much in what has become the "Oliver Tradition".  My only regret is that I didn't have them do the ceramic coating sooner.

Bill

Bill, we're having our 2022 LE2 done by CGI almost one year from delivery day.  We picked up on November 7, 2022 and CGI will do their coating on November 1 and 2.  I currently have a coat of Rejex on it, which they said was ok to do.  I am looking forward to seeing how it looks after they're done.

John

• Like 2

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• Moderators

In a nutshell - the CGI team is 3 or 4 young guys who wash, buff/prep, and apply 2 coats of ceramic coating resulting in a shiny white trailer.  They did ours earlier this year.  Ours was a 7 year old trailer, regularly washed and waxed and looked pretty good.  However, it did not compare to what it looked like after they were done.  Plus, once we arrived at the rally in May, they stopped by and gave us a good wash and a ceramic spray rejuvenation.  They are a hard working team!

IMG_5800.thumb.jpeg.d41d7dac456473cedf757a8a8253a9f4.jpeg

IMG_5801.thumb.jpeg.2b6be8768bf2d0d969b4118fc6e16c7b.jpeg

IMG_5797.thumb.jpeg.14b92cb9a2c8055546ed23004f12deea.jpeg

IMG_2234.thumb.jpeg.17d5779041ec29f64cbc8cbc9a9557fb.jpeg

• Like 7

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

l had mine done in the summer of 2022.  It was a bit early, but since I was going to Oliver for the AC retrofit I asked them about doing a touchup.

So we did...significantly less expensive, but still a long day for them.  Just wish I'd been able to do it after the AC install and maintenance. When I got home...1000 miles, I just needed to wash off the front of the trailer. Pretty awesome.

Photos from their initial Texas trip...great guys, probably founding members of OCDs Anonymous.

https://www.ralphmawyerphotography.com/Industry/CGI-Detailing

Now to just finish my gallery of Gavin's competition roosters. 😉

image.jpeg.332c51be2f482d5e47953d5ec8124c33.jpegimage.jpeg.66361348f16028b5b5897c2bc784337a.jpeg

• Like 7

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

• Moderators

Four of the nicest , polite hard working young men you will ever meet.  And, they do a good job of polishing and ceramic coating your Ollie - either at their shop in Murphreesboro, TN (just east of Nashville) or at your home.

The ceramic coating not only makes the Oliver shine better than new but it makes cleaning the Ollie much easier too.  I'm DONE with that twice a year wax job!

Bill

• Like 6

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Four of the nicest , polite hard working young men you will ever meet.  And, they do a good job of polishing and ceramic coating your Ollie - either at their shop in Murphreesboro, TN (just east of Nashville) or at your home.

The ceramic coating not only makes the Oliver shine better than new but it makes cleaning the Ollie much easier too.  I'm DONE with that twice a year wax job!

Bill

Bill, I decided not to do the twice yearly waxing and will have our 10 month old LE2 ceramic coated in November by CGI.  I hope it's a good decision.  Our trailer is on a north facing hill in Oregon, so it doesn't get the intense sun that it might get in southern states.  Time will tell.  I wish I could have it under cover, but there's no room on the property for an Ollie barn.

John

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

Bill

I definitely agree with you Bill!  We had ours done 15 months ago and will have our follow-up sometime early next year. The CGI team is top notch in my book and I'd recommend them to anyone.  It's soooo nice not having to wax :)

John

• Like 2

Oliver II #996 "Bessie", 2019 Silverado LTZ 5.3, Veterans

https://wenandjohnsadventure.com/

1 hour ago, Wandering Sagebrush said:

Thanks to all!  I wonder if they are up to a NE Oregon road trip…🤔

Bet they would go if you could get 10 pre-paid reservations. 😉.    We did discuss how they might do a fly-in, but the gear load is pretty extreme.

• Like 1

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Ralph Mawyer said:

Bet they would go if you could get 10 pre-paid reservations.

Many of us know that CGI has completed at least one Texas trip.  So, With the right number of appointments I would not be surprised at all that they would venture out to the West Coast.

Having said this - it was very disappointing to hear that for the current North Carolina trip, CGI had several last minute cancellations (I think they told me the total cancellations were 7) and I do not believe that they required any sort of "down payment" when the appointments were set.  Therefore, these young hard working guys are simply "out" that money.  I encouraged them to reconsider their current policy of not requiring a down payment.

Bill

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I’ll pile on here, had my trailer done at their shop in July in Murfreesboro and hung out in Nashville for a couple days while they did the work.  Everything is true, these guys are polite and hard working Americans who take great pride in their craft.  Shop was immaculate.  Washed the trailer this weekend and was amazed how easy the grime just rolled off the trailer. It’s like magic, super shine. It was expensive, but not that expensive to protect a $80k+ trailer IMO. Highly recommend. 

• Like 6

Patrick and Danielle Wolfe / 2022 LE II Tail #22-1052 / 2023 GMC 2500HD SLT 6.6L Gas

• Moderators
3 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Many of us know that CGI has completed at least one Texas trip.  So, With the right number of appointments I would not be surprised at all that they would venture out to the West Coast.

They’ve come to Texas twice.  They usually camp during their trips (tents).  If I recall, they asked for a $200 deposit.  There’s an expense to pack up and drive to another state.  Sorry to hear there were so many cancelations.  

• Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

We talked to the guys at the rally and checked on their schedule. Deb and I are going to the Eggs 'n Smores rally in Florida in January, then on to my brother's place in New Smyrna Beach for a bit. We plan to stop in Murfreesboro for a complete detail on our way home.

• Like 3

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

• Moderators

If you like donuts - as much as I do - then try Donut Country in Murfreesboro.😁

Bill

p.s.  If you go to Donut Country you can get coffee to drink on the premises with free refills.  Coffee to go has no refills.  The Apple Fritters are certainly above average. 

Edited by topgun2
added detail
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

We just got home from meeting the CGI guys in Charlotte, NC to coat our trailer. We met them at an air b&b and they did the whole job in the driveway. They certainly are the nicest bunch of guys! I can’t believe how hard they work at the whole process and what a difference between before and after! After six plus years outside 24/7/365 it really needed some help. Now knowing that the gel coat will be protected, looks better than new, and having a little easier cleanup routine really means a lot.IMG_1440.thumb.jpeg.98766dcb5c2ae003cfce359bc6e2544f.jpegIMG_1439.thumb.jpeg.7fafa03cf5e4bb0457cc49cc3d858c56.jpegIMG_1438.thumb.jpeg.3c97bb9c37b7c93b35280494500a1566.jpeg

• Like 6

2017 Elite II, Hull #208

2019 Chevy HD 2500 Duramax

14 minutes ago, mountainoliver said:

We just got home from meeting the CGI guys in Charlotte, NC to coat our trailer. We met them at an air b&b and they did the whole job in the driveway. They certainly are the nicest bunch of guys! I can’t believe how hard they work at the whole process and what a difference between before and after! After six plus years outside 24/7/365 it really needed some help. Now knowing that the gel coat will be protected, looks better than new, and having a little easier cleanup routine really means a lot.IMG_1440.thumb.jpeg.98766dcb5c2ae003cfce359bc6e2544f.jpegIMG_1439.thumb.jpeg.7fafa03cf5e4bb0457cc49cc3d858c56.jpegIMG_1438.thumb.jpeg.3c97bb9c37b7c93b35280494500a1566.jpeg

#1290 will get their treatment in less than two months.

John

• Like 1

spacer.png

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, John Welte said:

#1290 will get their treatment in less than two months.

Both you and the Ollie are going to love it!

Bill

• Like 2
  • Haha 1