Valve beneath right seat of dinette table

image.thumb.png.bc991d00a8c6764cc64551d497d9a629.png

My simple question is what does this valve do. It was closed, and i opened it tonight as i'm draining all the water from the system. Tomorrow i'm going to blow out the lines w/ gentle pressure (10 to 15 PSI) and then put in the pink stuff.  Apologies if this is the wrong place to put this, i've been off the forum for a couple years.   All info is appreciated.

2016 Oliver Legacy Elite II;  #129

Ordered in 2015, picked up in 2016.  My friend Don Thompson picked his up right in front of me, very cool dude.

2016 Nissan Titan XD, Diesel

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

That's your black tank flush port valve that you now have in the open position. Here's the Winterization & Storage Tips from Oliver, just curious why would you want to blow out the lines if you're going to use the pink stuff anyway?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

just blowing out the lines to catch any little plastic shards that have been clogging my filter on my old Shurflo water pump, and probably stressing it a bit.  That's all. I've never used the black tank flush port..is that on the outside of the tank?  i'll have to look. I always flush my black tank out w/ a ton of water everytime i camp, but i'll have to check that out. Thank you rich.dev.

2016 Oliver Legacy Elite II;  #129

Ordered in 2015, picked up in 2016.  My friend Don Thompson picked his up right in front of me, very cool dude.

2016 Nissan Titan XD, Diesel

You likely have aerator screens on your faucets and shower.  Removing and cleaning them, and then flushing with removed may improve your water pressure and flow rates.

GJ

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

12 minutes ago, vector said:

I've never used the black tank flush port..is that on the outside of the tank?  i'll have to look.

The black tank flush port "should' be on the curb side behind the axles. Check this video on how to winterize it, and this video explains your black tank flush port.

• Thanks 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

• Moderators
8 hours ago, rich.dev said:

The black tank flush port "should' be on the curb side behind the axles. Check this video on how to winterize it, and this video explains your black tank flush port.

The outside Black Tank fill connection is down low on the street side, between the bathroom and dinette window on my 2017 LE2.  Which puts it in front of the axles.

Mossey

• Like 5

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

26 minutes ago, mossemi said:

The outside Black Tank fill connection is down low on the street side, between the bathroom and dinette window on my 2017 LE2.  Which puts it in front of the axles.

Mossey

Oh yes @mossemi you are right. Also @Vector - Lanham, it’s on the street side not curb side like I said! Damn I had to really think about that now!😜

Truma water heater & AC

• Moderators
3 hours ago, rich.dev said:

Oh yes @mossemi you are right. Also @Vector - Lanham, it’s on the street side not curb side like I said! Damn I had to really think about that now!😜

Maybe yours was that "special" Canadian model?😁

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

3 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

Maybe yours was that "special" Canadian model?😁

Haha yes I can’t even use the excuse of driving on the wrong side of the road up here! I’ll just blame it on Siri!😜

Truma water heater & AC

13 hours ago, Vector - Lanham said:

Tomorrow i'm going to blow out the lines w/ gentle pressure (10 to 15 PSI) and then put in the pink stuff. 

Oliver recommends against blowing out the plumbing system with air pressure. 

As mentioned by Geronimo John above, the best way to clear residual plastic shards is by removing and cleaning the pump filter and faucet aerators.

Just carefully follow the Oliver winterization video using the "pink stuff" and your trailer will be ready for the coldest winter.

• Like 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

Does your 2023 have the black tank flush valve as our older Ollies have?  

GJ

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

2 hours ago, Geronimo John said:

Does your 2023 have the black tank flush valve as our older Ollies have?

Nope not on mine

image.png

Like @Patriot said, on the newer models we need 4-5 pumps to sufficiently protect the new flush port system. I remember reading somewhere this change was put in place to meet new codes for the black tank system, something to do with ensuring no backflow of waste water can get inside the water supply line. Here's a pic of the new layout with longer flush system.

image.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Truma water heater & AC

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2023 at 9:17 PM, Geronimo John said:

You likely have aerator screens on your faucets and shower.  Removing and cleaning them, and then flushing with removed may improve your water pressure and flow rates.

@Vector - Lanham: You also may wish to consider disconnecting the toilet water supply line to ensure its a clean/clear and unobstructed run from the supply valve into the toilet - this area can also accumulate the "crud" you experienced in your shower pan and bathroom sink.  Clearing out this debris allows for the desired flow when flushing the toilet.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• 2 weeks later...