2024 Oliver Owners Rally

HDRider

I'm probably the minority here, but I don't really like big crowds.  I camp because I love nature and quiet evenings where the crickets converse with each other in harmonious symphony, adding to the trumpeting overtures of coyotes and the occasional fluting of a tree frog or bass tympany of bull frogs.   

The wind blowing through the trees, snow drifting lazily along a riverbank, and birds singing the praises of our Creator are the only friends that I've ever known.  When I join a forum or schedule a meeting with like-minded people at a campground, it actually goes against my grain and puts me out of my comfort zone, but that is a good thing I suppose.  Tina, my wife, always says that I need to come out of my box to smell the fresh air every now and then.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderator+
11 minutes ago, Jason Foster said:

I'm probably the minority here, but I don't really like big crowds.  I camp because I love nature and quiet evenings where the crickets converse with each other in harmonious symphony, adding to the trumpeting overtures of coyotes and the occasional fluting of a tree frog or bass tympany of bull frogs.   

The wind blowing through the trees, snow drifting lazily along a riverbank, and birds singing the praises of our Creator are the only friends that I've ever known.  When I join a forum or schedule a meeting with like-minded people at a campground, it actually goes against my grain and puts me out of my comfort zone, but that is a good thing I suppose.  Tina, my wife, always says that I need to come out of my box to smell the fresh air every now and then.

I really don't think you're in the minority. I don't like big crowds either, but I'll admit I do love to be in a big Oliver crowd. All of the Oliver folks that I see as friends are what I consider like-minded.

Are you coming to the rally in Guntersville? I'm not a rally type of guy, but this gathering is not like any of the others I've ever attended. No pot luck suppers that likely will leave you with the squirts. No Karaoke night, although I have been known to do John Belushi's rendition of Joe Cocker's cover of the Beatles' With A Little Help From My Friends. Don't Ask.

Just a bunch of Oliver-Centric folks getting together to talk, have fun and help each other.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

13 minutes ago, ScubaRx said:

I really don't think you're in the minority. I don't like big crowds either, but I'll admit I do love to be in a big Oliver crowd. All of the Oliver folks that I see as friends are what I consider like-minded.

Are you coming to the rally in Guntersville? I'm not a rally type of guy, but this gathering is not like any of the others I've ever attended. No pot luck suppers that likely will leave you with the squirts. No Karaoke night, although I have been known to do John Belushi's rendition of Joe Cocker's cover of the Beatles' With A Little Help From My Friends. Don't Ask.

Just a bunch of Oliver-Centric folks getting together to talk, have fun and help each other.

I had planned to go to the Oliver rally, but work sidetracked me.  If I can break free, I might actually show up.  When I say "I", I mean my wife Tina, my dog and the Oliver.

• Like 5

Just now, Jason Foster said:

I had planned to go to the Oliver rally, but work sidetracked me.  If I can break free, I might actually show up.  When I say "I", I mean my wife Tina, my dog and the Oliver.

Oh, and me, of course.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jason Foster said:

The wind blowing through the trees, snow drifting lazily along a riverbank, and birds singing the praises of our Creator...

They way you write it, I can hear East Texas from here! 😂

• Love 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

The 2024 Texas Oliver Rally, if you do a search on Oliver Forum, should show up.  The rally is for Oliver Owners only which is the reason it was posted in FB in the Oliver Rolling Rally group.  This Oliver Forum and the FB Oliver Trailer Owners group have members that are not Oliver Owners.  That being said anyone that is an Oliver Trailer owner is invited to attend.  This rally is meant for folks to enjoy a vacation, exploring on their own or with a group. We all can get together in the evenings socializing around a campfire, playing dominoes, corn whole, or whatever.

Just want to make it clear the 2024 Texas Oliver Rally is not the same as the 2024 Oliver Rally that us held in May.

Edited by Donna and Scott
  • Like 5

ALAZARCOFLGAKSKYLAMSMTNENVNMNYOHOKPATNTX

#837 started this new traveling experience in the summer of 2021 and loving it.

TV is 2020 Durango Citadel or 2021 Dodge 1500 diesel V6.  2021

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Donna and Scott said:

The 2024 Texas Oliver Rally, if you do a search on Oliver Forum, should show up.  The rally is for Oliver Owners only which is the reason it was posted in FB in the Oliver Rolling Rally group.  

The Annual Oliver Rally is open to non-Oliver owners.  We have prospective owners show up to learn about Oliver and even some previous Oliver owners come.  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

On 3/5/2024 at 10:55 AM, jd1923 said:

They way you write it, I can hear East Texas from here! 😂

Also known as HOME.  

• Like 1

@Jason Foster last year was my first time going to ANY type of rally.  I had a great time.  I'm a solo-camper and, like you, not too found of crowds.  This rally is not really a crowd, more like a sizable group of like-minded folks. LOL.  I met a bunch of great new friends.  I REALLY enjoyed walking the grounds early in the morning taking photos on the lake.  The HUGE lake is super peaceful in both mornings and evenings and the relaxed nature of the group was inviting. 

I've tried to come out of my shell a bit by simply walking up to folks sitting by their campfire to say hello.  Everyone is super warm and friendly.  I guess if they weren't they would not show up.  LOL

I may end up needing to work a bit myself, but I'm an IT guy, so have internet access will travel - well, I'm trying to do that more at least.  Trying to get more nerve up to do that more often as I approach retirement.  I also kept busy last year helping several folks fixing small, minor issues on their rigs or show them around their new rigs - some new, some previously owned rigs. Some of the big questions I found was about hooking up the rig with the Andersen hitch system, which most folks don't spell correctly.  LOL - hopefully I just did -  hehe.

Hope to see you there.  

Cheers,

• Like 7

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

On 3/10/2024 at 10:38 AM, Wayfinder said:

I've tried to come out of my shell a bit by simply walking up to folks sitting by their campfire to say hello

We're right behind you again, so stop over any time!

• Like 4

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

On 3/4/2024 at 10:58 PM, Jason Foster said:

Jason, I’ve attached a video only for audio purposes, it was recorded in pitch darkness near the lake at the rally last year. You’ll need to crank up the volume. Early morning and late evening walks in the park are very pleasant. Hope you can make it to the rally. 

Edited by Ollie-Haus
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

On 3/10/2024 at 9:38 AM, Wayfinder said:

@Jason Foster last year was my first time going to ANY type of rally.  I had a great time.  I'm a solo-camper and, like you, not too found of crowds.  This rally is not really a crowd, more like a sizable group of like-minded folks. LOL.  I met a bunch of great new friends.  I REALLY enjoyed walking the grounds early in the morning taking photos on the lake.  The HUGE lake is super peaceful in both mornings and evenings and the relaxed nature of the group was inviting. 

I've tried to come out of my shell a bit by simply walking up to folks sitting by their campfire to say hello.  Everyone is super warm and friendly.  I guess if they weren't they would not show up.  LOL

I may end up needing to work a bit myself, but I'm an IT guy, so have internet access will travel - well, I'm trying to do that more at least.  Trying to get more nerve up to do that more often as I approach retirement.  I also kept busy last year helping several folks fixing small, minor issues on their rigs or show them around their new rigs - some new, some previously owned rigs. Some of the big questions I found was about hooking up the rig with the Andersen hitch system, which most folks don't spell correctly.  LOL - hopefully I just did -  hehe.

Hope to see you there.  

Cheers,

Thanks for sharing👍

• Like 1

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

On 3/10/2024 at 9:38 AM, Wayfinder said:

Hope to see you there.  

Cheers,

Sadly, I won't be able to make it this time.  My work is about 90% remote but the other 10% rears its ugly head at times.  This is one of them.  I'm sure we will meet up sometime in the future.  Everyone needs an IT guy around.  🙂 

• Like 4

On 3/11/2024 at 12:29 PM, Ollie-Haus said:

Jason, I’ve attached a video only for audio purposes, it was recorded in pitch darkness near the lake at the rally last year. You’ll need to crank up the volume. Early morning and late evening walks in the park are very pleasant. Hope you can make it to the rally. 

IMG_5665.mov 25.58 MB · 8 downloads

That is why I camp.  Love it.  Unfortunately, I can't make the rally this year but I will make others.

• Like 3