There goes the neighborhood...

Steph and Dud B

https://www.slashgear.com/1440425/goal-zeros-skylight-camping-light/

Won't be any stars to see when the neighbors start firing these things up. 😪

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators
7 hours ago, Zodd said:

Nothing like people that go camping and bring the city with them. 

Totally agree.

One of our favorite things about off grid camping is night sky, and few neighbors. 

If we do have neighbors, we sure don't want to ruin their experience,  either.

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderator+

The only good thing about the light is they will probably turn it off after a short time. Unlike those that build a stinking fire and go to bed with it still smouldering.

• Like 6

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

People really don't have much consideration for their camping neighbors.    OK... SOME people...   We've had folks using generators (that were placed behind their camper and in front of ours) right up until the 10pm cut off.   And most recently a group that set their campfire ring and chairs right next to our trailer and were yakking away until 11:30pm. (OK.. it was in NJ.. I should have expected it)   The first night when I told them we were trying to sleep they knocked it off.  The second night one guy who had a little too much to drink wanted to start a fight.  

Preference is state or NP campsites, but when we have to book a commercial campsite I look for one with sites as far apart from each other as possible (Thankful for google maps satellite view)  and always check the quiet hours rules.  

Scotty

• Like 4

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

This would be great to own if you lived in Transylvania.  I enjoy some bright lights at times, on my truck going down a muddy trail, security lights on a house, and seldomly when being attacked by a bear or something while camping.  Most of the time, the stars provide all the ambience I need to enjoy life.

• Like 3

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Jason Foster said:

This would be great to own if you lived in Transylvania. 

I do happen to live in the only county in the USA that is named - Transylvania!

Halloween here is a blast for a town of only about 8,000 residents.

Bill

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

10 hours ago, topgun2 said:

I do happen to live in the only county in the USA that is named - Transylvania!

Halloween here is a blast for a town of only about 8,000 residents.

Bill

That's cool.  I don't believe in vampires, but if I camped there, I would bring flashlights with daylight bulbs, a bag of garlic, sharpened wooden stakes, holy water and picture of Roddy Macdowall.

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

• Moderators

@Jason Foster, just bring your camera, and a credit card. Transylvania county NC is full of beautiful waterfalls, and picturesque little towns. 

(Always garlic in the cabinet... but never sighted a vampire.  Just pleasant humans.)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

2 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

@Jason Foster, just bring your camera, and a credit card. Transylvania county NC is full of beautiful waterfalls, and picturesque little towns. 

(Always garlic in the cabinet... but never sighted a vampire.  Just pleasant humans.)

Beautiful waterfalls and pleasant humans sound great.  My wife is always looking for those perfect towns like you see in a Hallmark Christmas movie.

• Like 3

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Jason Foster said:

Beautiful waterfalls and pleasant humans sound great.  My wife is always looking for those perfect towns like you see in a Hallmark Christmas movie.

I think Brevard could host a Hallmark movie. Little Sylva, a county away, is another little gem.

Small town Western North Carolina is worth the travel. Imo. 

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

I think Brevard could host a Hallmark movie. Little Sylva, a county away, is another little gem.

East Texas has a few beauty spots but can't compete with North Carolina.  We will visit that State one day.

north carolina GIF

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

We camped near Sylva for a week and really enjoyed the area.  We even drove to Brevard for lunch with another Oliver owner couple there. @topgun2

• Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS