Replacing city water inlet valve

Has anyone replaced the city water connector on the Legacy II ?

Ours is leaking and would appreciate any input on replacement part as well as install tips.

Thank you,

Ellie 

IMG_3065.jpeg

ALGAMANHNCPASCTNVAmed.jpg

2021 Elite 2, Twin Bed, Lithium & Solar, 3000W Inverter #880

2019 Ford F150, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost, 4x4 Supercab, Trailer Tow Package

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

Before you replace it make sure the hex nut inside is not loose! Check out this thread

• Like 6

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

Thanks for the reminder on the fix!

The location of the water inlet is one of the few things I believe Oliver could improve.  As I age, my flexibility seems to disappear, and I’d love to not be bent over or on my knees trying to hook up the hose.  I think I’ll add a quick disconnect to help attach the hose without a lot of fumbling. 

• Like 3

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

19 minutes ago, Wandering Sagebrush said:

Thanks for the reminder on the fix!

The location of the water inlet is one of the few things I believe Oliver could improve.  As I age, my flexibility seems to disappear, and I’d love to not be bent over or on my knees trying to hook up the hose.  I think I’ll add a quick disconnect to help attach the hose without a lot of fumbling. 

I can appreciate your thoughts with the age thing. I am there as well. I use a good soft towel/blanket to kneel on and the knee joints get a little movement they do not mormally get!

• Like 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Wandering Sagebrush said:

Quick connects are one of the more useful things I’ve added, they really do help as we get older and less flexible!  Also, I keep a foam knee pad in the basement for those time I do need to get down.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

For what its worth and I do not have the details on this - but - I understand that the water inlets for the 2024 Elite II Oliver's will be changing and simplified.  I do not know if these same changes will happen for the Elite I or not.

From what little I've heard - the city fill and fresh water tank fill will be combined and moved to the rear of the camper on the left side of the bumper.  The "winterization port" will remain on the right side of the bumper.  

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
Just now, mossemi said:

This is what I use, since I don’t own a 1/2" Allen wrench!

AND - 

Mossemi's "tool" is a bunch less expensive too.  🤑

• Haha 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

AND - 

Mossemi's "tool" is a bunch less expensive too.  🤑

That’s funny coming from "ol' squeaky" but does remind me, can I borrow that first dollar you ever made?  I know you were saving it for a new fly rod, but I sure could use it for some new Victron kit!

Mossey

• Haha 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators
2 hours ago, mossemi said:

That’s funny coming from "ol' squeaky" but does remind me, can I borrow that first dollar you ever made?  

And, here I was being "nice" - look where that got me.  Of course you can borrow it.  Rusty bolts used in making a homemade tool certainly can't cost that much more than a buck. 😆

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/30/2023 at 8:45 AM, Wandering Sagebrush said:

I think I’ll add a quick disconnect to help attach the hose without a lot of fumbling. 

I bought this Eley Quick Connect System product for all hose connections in my setups. Think one-handed operation!

The components.

IMG_4553.thumb.png.67b361d2aa51930df98b0d9a9a7ed045.png

Water pressure regulator and filter configuration.

IMG_2456.thumb.jpeg.375f0ec4847b3712c48663b4daf99ea3.jpeg

Eley installed at Oliver water inlets.

IMG_2445.thumb.jpeg.6ccd91f56ed5a24301558341c8d505f8.jpeg

Protective caps in place, utilized chain hardware from original stock caps

IMG_2444.thumb.jpeg.a84ce5836f077f06d35a964b1b4a178b.jpeg

Caps purchased.

IMG_4552.thumb.png.27492045005999ab3d9119eb73a3615b.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt

Ron, thanks!  I have a bunch of the brass couplers, but didn’t have a source for the threaded caps.  I’ve found the brass tends to start binding after exposure to dirt/dust..  I’ve used WD 40 on the couplers we use around the yard, but suspect food grade silicone would be a better choice for a RV.

Edit:  Just looked at the price on the Nelson couplers😳. Go to a tractor supply and find them at 1/3 the price.  They’re all probably made in China.

• Like 2

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

2 hours ago, Wandering Sagebrush said:

Go to a tractor supply and find them at 1/3 the price

No doubt, as well as Amazon. However these Eley connectors are commercial grade, made with quality materials to ensure longevity and safe drinking water, of bigger overall size for a full 3/4” unobstructed flow, have serviceable o-rings and a 10-year warranty! You definitely get what you pay for IMO. That said, I also have been very pleased with several of the Gorilla Easy Connect hose terminal ball valves/couplers/nozzles, which I will share with if anyone is interested. 

• Like 3

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt

On 12/30/2023 at 5:04 AM, dewdev said:

I use a good soft towel/blanket to kneel on and the knee joints get a little movement they do not normally get!

I carry one of my throwable boat cushions with me at all times.  Generally is sits between our Honda 2200 and the curb side rear of the F-150 bed.  Great to kneel on when doing low work, or place on a 5 gallon bucket when doing mid height work.  

Much better than a towel.  An because it serves as a pad between the generator and the aluminum truck bed, it is almost always where I am. 

• Like 3

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators

Another great use for the two step Rubbermaid step ladder we carry. Makes a decent seat, when working lower.

My husband uses knee pads a lot, too , sometimes along with a gardening pad.

Even if you're younger, it's important to protect your knees. And if you're not, like us, well.... it's just that much more comfort.

Screenshot_20240101_000323_Home Depot.jpg

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.