-
Posts
7,789 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
467
Everything posted by topgun2
-
Well, the catfish is over in the garage?
-
I was/am a firm believer in the manual awning. I felt/feel that I didn't need another motor in my life nor did I need the expense of the optional motorized awning. However, just prior to this options introduction last year I had a conversation with Scott Oliver about this and he was so positive about this "new" awning and its benefits that I now find myself sitting on the fence about it. With the wind and rain sensors that provide at least some measure of protection against these potential hazards I just might find myself using an awning more than I do presently. However, I still like the simplicity of the manual one which is not difficult at all to deploy or retract. I'm guessing that the real answer to your questions comes down to money and how and where you plan to camp. I would think that no matter how good that wind sensor is, a sudden burst of wind would be very expensive. Therefore, it is still safe to retract any awning if you are not right there using it. Bill
-
Just FYI - with every 10 degrees (F) change in air temperature, you can expect a 1 psi change in tire pressure. Obviously, if the temperatures go up so will the tire pressure and if the temperatures go down a drop in psi can be expected. After allowing for this fluctuating air temperature, any additional increase in air pressure above approximately 10% to 15% probably means that your "cold" starting pressure is too low. On the other hand if a tire doesn't increase PSI within about 15 to 20 minutes of driving by approximately 10% to 12% probably means that your "cold" starting pressure is too high. This is certainly not an exact science and depends on so many variables, but at least it is a place to start without simply totally relying on the seat of ones pants. Bill
-
For how long have you lived continuously in your Oliver?
topgun2 replied to SissyBoyFloyd's topic in General Discussion
To get the ball rolling - I spend two months each summer living in my Ollie. Most of this time is spent in the Rockies at altitude while fly fishing. Bill -
I too dropped my pressures to 55 for the 6 1/2 hour drive to the Owner's Rally. No problems on the way west with a bit of rain - pressures stayed within a 10% gain from the cold setting. But, on the way home with air temps approaching 90 and not a cloud in the sky, the pressures in all four tires came very close to the upper temperature limit I had programmed into the TPMS - a 20% gain. Therefore, on my next trip I will increase the cold pressure to 60 in an effort to see if I can slightly decrease this temperature build-up. Bill p.s. Both directions was mainly 4 lane/Interstate driving at 65mph. Elite II with no water is about 5600 lbs.
-
This problem has happened to me too. It seems to lessen the longer I'm actually using the Ollie versus having it in storage. However, for the times when I take it out of storage and that alarm goes off (even with the windows wide open, I bought this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FJN14M5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I plug one into the USB port near that detector and it clears the alarm. Bill
-
Update: Our fellow Forum member has been discharged from the hospital, they have obtained a campsite in Chattanooga and are presently resting in their Ollie. A huge THANKS goes out to Rick & Vickie, KountryKamper, and, Oliver Service Department for all the help in marshalling resources and generating options for this situation. It truly is a great "Oliver Family" we all belong to. Bill
- 11 replies
-
- 12
-
-
Tomar - A quick call to Jason in Oliver Service will get you fixed right up. They can be reached at - 1-866-205-2621 Bill
-
Assistance does not necessarily mean towing. There is a pet involved and they are in a strange (to them) city. So, even a friendly face would be of help at this point. Interestingly, just this year I purchased insurance for exactly this kind of emergency. Actually fairly cheap (through Good Sam Club) and one phone call gets me to people that then take care of anything related to the situation. Bill
-
Great - I'll let Jason know. Bill
-
On the way home from the Rally one of our members developed a health problem and is currently in a hospital in Chattanooga, TN. Their camper (Elite II) is located in a store parking lot there but needs to be towed to a nearby campground. Is there anyone in that area that is able to give assistance? Bill
-
WOW Mike - just noticed those amber lights on your Ollie. How'd you do that? Most of the campers that were left when I pulled out Monday morning were still sleeping. Indeed, it was a bit sad to see what remained of that sea of white down by the lake. Bill
-
John - Unfortunately, where I camped at the Owners Rally didn't have working WiFi and I don't have a cell phone. I see from the above messages that Jason has been working on this issue, but, he was also running from pillar to post at the Rally. Are you still having issues with the PM function? Bill
-
This is a link to a recent video by an Oliver owner showing his new truck bed tray. However, ain't nuttin like ScubaRx's double decker! Bill
-
OOPS! In my post above I failed to mention a couple of VERY important people that that never seemed to fail to stop and listen or shake a hand. They seemed to be everywhere and always had a smile of their faces. Thanks to Scott and his son Shane for both your financial and moral support to the Rally and all of the Owners of your fine camper. Bill
-
Frisco has a really nice bakery downtown and the bar at the marina is good with a killer view. There is a free dump station at Frisco's water/sanitation department which is located basically where the Blue River flows into Dillion Reservoir. The oldest bar in Colorado is just a short jump up to Breckinridge (located on the west side of the road) in downtown (its a bit divey though but fun for a quick beer). Good fishing on Ten Mile Creek on the West side of Frisco. Other than that - take JD's advice and stay put 'till it passes and if it gets really cold leave the bath door open. Bill
-
Yes, I went from an eighteen foot stick built to the Elite II. I've found that the main difference was not the length, but, the width. Since the Ollie is basically the same width as most 1/2 ton trucks you do not need tow mirrors AND when backing into a site, driveway, etc, it is much easier to see even if you do not have a backup camera (I still highly recommend that you get the camera). Absolutely no regrets! Re the Anderson - I have no problem with it and have found that it is actually easier to use than the Equalizer WDH that I had on previous trailers. All you have to do is learn how to use it (the Andersen) and it is a piece of cake. Bill
-
Indeed, indeed! From the Rally volunteers to the Oliver service staff (Richie, Justin, Jason E) to the Marketing and AV Oliver staff (Matt, Izzy and Jason W), the Rally chairs and co-chairs (Coy, Foy, Mary Kay, etc), Oliver Sales staff, the State Park staff (campground, lodge, and security) and, of course, our vendors - you people really got it together. Thanks! Bill
-
Racing cars also use nitrogen in their tires for much the same reasons as do high performance aircraft. However, at my age, I've learned (for the most part) just how crazy it was to test the limits of my tires and the machinery that they ride on. I doubt that many (if any) of us (Oliver Owners) are stressing the tires on our Ollies and/or tow vehicles in such a manner that the positive effects of using nitrogen would really be worth it. If I'm given a choice of nitrogen over plain air for the same price, I'll take the pure nitrogen. However, I've only run into one tire shop that will do that, Bill
-
JD - Looks like we are all good to go now. And, it appears to me that the PM function is faster than ever now. Jason simply worked his magic and he was very quick about it too - Thanks Jason! Bill
-
JD - I've sent an email to Mr. Wamsley asking him to take a look at the PM function. I have had no problems with it recently except that it seems to take a fairly long time for the message to actually be sent once the send button it pressed - I've even gone on to do other things and come back later (5 minutes or so before the "greyed out" goes away. Bill
-
Given the size of Steve - that would be a bunch of minutes.
- 13 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- water
- water saving
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
That must have been a "Navy" corps of engineers that did that park given the slant. However, sure does look nice. Did you catch the fish for the fish fry in that lake? See you in a few days! Bill p.s. nice Oliver in that picture too.
