Mini Dyson Humdinger Frankenstein

Posted (edited)

Bought the Dyson Humdinger handheld vacuum and thought this would be great for the Oliver if it had tube extensions to be able to vacuum standing up. Somehow I found tube extensions in the EU market and hopefully it becomes available soon stateside. Works great and is small/lightweight. Uses a mini hard surface roller that picks up sand and dirt efficiently. Mounted (VHB tape) it in closet for recharging. One of my favorite things in the TT with 3 kids and 2 dogs... Clean floors!

To cleanliness,

Mike

After a little research... looks like the micro is what it is called. It is very similar to what I put together. 

https://www.dyson.com/support/vacuum-cleaners/cordless/micro

IMG_8232.thumb.jpg.7f0e4b934c52532792998b5e1d7cd6c5.jpgIMG_8235.thumb.jpg.209b91cb5c47aa070cbdcb994ffb602f.jpg

Edited by rideadeuce
  • Like 6

- Mike

Nashville, TN

2018 Elite II - Spirit of Adventure Hull #308  - Toyota Tundra 

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

Dyson makes good stuff.  We have two at home and have had a Dyson handheld in the trailer closet for years.  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

We have two at home and have had a Dyson handheld in the trailer closet for years.

Same here.  

When one travels with a couple "knuckleheads" like we do -- the handheld is definitely a "must-have":

Screenshot2024-05-30at07_13_51.thumb.png.f2a476dd59cf495c119664387963d5f0.png

FYI:  We converted the handheld's charging supply to operate on 12vDC - makes it way more convenient w/o having to fire-up the inverter.

Edited by MAX Burner
fixed a couple "fat-fingered" typos....
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

For years I resisted carrying a vacuum in the Ollie - simply it was too small of a space to justify carrying yet another piece of equipment.  I went with a couple of 6 foot throw rugs thinking that I could just pick them up, carry them outside, shake them out and put them back.  Surely this would be enough to keep the Ollie clean!

Sadly - not to be.  My method was kind of OK for quick tidying up but it really didn't get my Ollie clean.  So, I too resorted to carrying a re-chargeable small vacuum.  Yes, I still do the "take the carpets outside thing", but the small vacuum makes cleaning the rest so much easier.

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

3 hours ago, MAX Burner said:

We converted the handheld's charging supply to operate on 12vDC

How hard was that conversion? 

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

2024.04.29 - ALAZARCOFLGAIAKSKYLAMONENMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYBBBBBBsm.jpg

The unique part of my Dyson humdinger setup is the extension wand so that the handheld can be used with a motorized hard surface head standing up! Maybe the micro tube replacement will work but you probably need to call Dyson support to check  for compatibility. And acquire the mini motorized head. Anyway, I think it is a scavenger hunt. Wish I had my old links, I did this a couple of years ago. Maybe there is another solution I am not aware of.

I too threw out the long runner carpet a long time ago. 

This may work:

https://www.dyson.com/support/journey/spare-details.971606-10

IMG_8236.thumb.jpeg.e086e85b704057ad46ec5a4d38cf77f8.jpeg

• Like 2

- Mike

Nashville, TN

2018 Elite II - Spirit of Adventure Hull #308  - Toyota Tundra 

Already had a Dewalt cordless in my garage for car care, so I have it on our departure list. Chris uses a half-length broom for the center hallway and takes  one minute with this around the edges. I have many of these 20V batteries required and an extra charger sits in the Oliver Attic. Mine is an older version: DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Wet-Dry Vacuum, Tool Only (DCV580H) - Vacuum And Dust Collector Accessories - Amazon.com

I'm in the camp with @topgun2, can't "justify carrying yet another piece of equipment." The vac sits in a TV toolbox and there is no way I would mount something in the Oliver closet which has just enough space.

I might have other Dewalt tools with me, an impact or drill, and always have one or two of these for the campsite (I got everybody in the family one for Christmas, so they stop taking mine)! DEWALT 20V MAX LED Work Light, 100 Degree Pivoting Head, Up to 1000 Lumens of Brightness, Cordless (DCL050) - Amazon.com

And finally, the inside stays cleaner when the campsite is clean! I always bring this in the TV. I blow the common Arizona red-oxide dust off the hull after a dirt road excursion, and I blow the camping mat clean after our Charley (like what@MAX Burner calls "Knuckleheads") brings all the dirt, dust, burrs and weeds in from our surroundings! I have a larger AH battery or this unit, yet all Dewalt 20V are interchangeable: Amazon.com: Dewalt DCBL722BR 20V MAX XR Brushless Lithium-Ion Cordless Handheld Blower (Tool Only) (Renewed) : Patio, Lawn & Garden

• Like 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Boudicca908 said:

How hard was that conversion? 

Piece of cake.  Get one of these and you'll be able to convert your house battery voltage to whatever the output is for your vacuum's wall wart.  

Screenshot2024-05-30at15_27_15.thumb.png.a8c48e8b70e4e07da5107d0db39d9114.png

Our's is a 14.4vDC wart.  If yours is close to battery voltages, you can also simply use a cigar-type plug connected to the vacuum charging plug and use your OTT 12v outlet...

Screenshot2024-05-30at15_35_02.thumb.png.41a2cae0dd15cebe175211c10e0642ea.png

We also use a handheld blower for both the TV and Casablanca - again, we travel with a couple fur missiles.

Easy peasy.

Edited by MAX Burner
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Posted (edited)

This little Craftsman has been our go to hand held vac and lives in our Oliver when traveling. It’s also handy while on long trips to keep the interior of our TV floor and truck Bedrug clean. It takes up very little space and has served us well.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-V20-Cordless-Hand-Vacuum-Bare/5000250841?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-tol-_-ggl-_-CRP_SHP_LIA_TOL_Online_C-D-_-5000250841-_-local-_-0-_-0&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAAD2B2W9-XLQQI4H7JdrLfEr1cBTh4&gclid=CjwKCAjwx-CyBhAqEiwAeOcTdVuoDkejzEvHyzvxUPmjaPWSHmx4DfPyYeZlRjKtWRi17fhc-Z2VhBoCt8UQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

IMG_3271.jpeg.22e4b6a4ff6a46a4a8b7cb1836572199.jpeg

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

Posted (edited)

My wife bought a couple of these TMA vacuums a year ago and have been very pleased considering the cost, less than $40 each at the time (promotional deal). Although we have a Dyson in the house, I often grab this cheapo for a quick sweep of things. The other is dedicated to the OTT, stows in the closet standing on end and is lightweight. It’s simple but very effective in a daily clean of the floor; also has a few attachments for cleaning cushions and window seals. 

IMG_5707.thumb.jpeg.3ce9844549ff24378a81d3886dbbabe4.jpeg

IMG_5708.thumb.jpeg.158776132bc3d0dfb85c8a740d23d41f.jpeg

Edited by Ronbrink
  • Like 4

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

I've had three vacuums for the 2008 so far. The first black and decker was too puny, so got relegated to the upstairs in our home for tiny pickups. 

2nd was a Dyson, I think v6, which I loved, and I bought an extension and attachments from Amazon or ebay. It lasted 3 or 4 years. (I got a Shark for home use, but it was too heavy to tote around, but actually works better than the dyson. ) Our vacuums get daily use. Japanese Chins shed like crazy.

This time I bought an inexpensive Bissell pet cordless model at Walmart. It's no Dyson, but it does the job, and since not as powerful,  works great on throw rugs . Has a roller brush (2 speeds) and a revised tool. At under $100, I'm ok with it. The part I don't like is that the charger doesn't connect to the removeable head unit, so I  have to carry the whole thing. All the others the charger connected to the handheld section.

Oh well. It's cheap, super light, not very big, and the super light part is great with my body right now. Weight restrictions from hand surgery and a few fractured ribs. 

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Like 1
  • Care 1
  • Wow 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Crazy Horse is getting up in years and is misplacing his hair.  So he has to take care of the floors daily.  

image.png.fd12cf99c74ff5cab7f2371ca639aa1c.png

• Haha 4

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg