I can't eat dinner!

Cameron

Camping at the Dinosaur National Monument, at the Green River campground, and couldn't eat on time because of the people wandering by saying "Is that an Oliver?" or "What kind of trailer is that?" I think most folks had already eaten and were doing their after dinner walkabout, but I got back late after hiking in the desert. Of course I'm not going to blow them off because I LOVE talking about my trailer. I had hoped to eat outside and watch the sunset but nope, by the time all the interested parties were gone, it was dark and I'm eating inside. I might have part of the blame for this. 

• Like 7
  • Care 1
  • Haha 6
  • Wow 1

2021 Elite II #841, 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4, 3.0 diesel

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale

An all too common experience for Oliver owners, but then it’s nice to be noticed! I also get “Is that a Casita?”, it’s easy to point out the similarities; but then someone once asked “Is that an Airstream?”, to which I had no reasonable response! 

• Haha 2

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables

• Moderators

I believe that the the "Airstream" question is a result of the general look/shape of the Ollie vs the Airstream.  

My normal response to the "Airstream" question is, "No, it doesn't leak like an Airstream".😁

Bill

• Haha 5

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators

I also enjoy talking to folks about our Oliver.  The only exception is when I’m backing in to a site with Carol standing back there for directions and someone stops me to have a discussion.  It’s happened more times than I’d like.  Usually I ask them to hang on for a few seconds so I can finish backing in.  Only once did the person leave and not want to finish the discussion.  Mike

Edited by Mike and Carol
  • Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

4 hours ago, topgun2 said:

I believe that the the "Airstream" question is a result of the general look/shape of the Ollie vs the Airstream.  

My normal response to the "Airstream" question is, "No, it doesn't leak like an Airstream".😁

Bill

Fun fact, Airstream once had a trailer that was painted white called an Argosy. 

• Like 2

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables

• Moderator+
11 hours ago, Ronbrink said:

Fun fact, Airstream once had a trailer that was painted white called an Argosy. 

Airstream also built an Argosy motorhome and Argosy fifth-wheel.

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Lucy, Maggie and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators
12 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

Airstream also built an Argosy motorhome and Argosy fifth-wheel.

Or, maybe even something like this one?

This is a 1992 Airstream Land Yacht

Airstream 1992 - 1.jpg

Airstream 1992 - 2.jpg

Edited by topgun2
added detail
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

Airstream used slightly damaged aluminum panels in the Argosy line and the white paint helped hide the imperfections. They also had either fiberglass or molded plastic end caps. One big negative for some buyers: Argosy owners were not allowed in the Wally Byam Airstream club.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators

And, then, there was the Wally Bee.

Looks a bit like a UK fiberglass trailer of its time but, hey, it's very cool.

Aluminum was cheaper, back in the day. Fiberglass was a newer, expensive process

https://www.airstream.com/blog/airstreams-foray-into-fiberglass/

Screenshot_20240915_210548_Chrome.jpg

Edited by SeaDawg
Add photo
  • Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

If fly fishing is your thing, the green above the dam is amazing trout water, browns, rainbows and cuts.  I usually drive to little hole and walk upstream or park below the dam and walk down stream.  More cuts closer to the dam.  Plenty of long parking spots at both since there is a boat ramp at both sites. Dripping springs is a fun little campground but I don’t know if they have water or a dump station.

Robert and Cheryl, Louisville, KY, Legacy Elite II Hull #1390 Oliphino, TV F250 Tremor