Tire pressure and temp

• Moderators

Nan - 

Type TPMS in the search box located in the upper right of this page and start reading.  There are a number of fine systems on the market but reading what has been discussed before will help you in deciding which one is right for you.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Nan,

I am not saying this is the absolute best TPMS sensor out there and in full disclosure we have not used it yet as we hope to take delivery of our Ollie mid June. I did a fair amount of research and decided on and ordered this one. Bill -Topgun2  wisely recommended ordering the two extra tire sensors one for the spare on the Ollie and an extra. You can order this with a (6) sensor pack. The monitor is not overly large and will fit conservatively on our TV dash. This one also has a color display. I also managed to catch a sale on it, I think I paid 370.00 shipped. Others may chime in with their choice. 
I hope this helps.

-David

Here is a link- https://www.mobilemusthave.com

7CA09DFA-EA19-485A-B464-BA933D4078BD.png

Edited by Patriot

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

We've used a tst system for many years, probably over 10 years, now. Their customer service is excellent. Turnaround time on replacing batteries/ warranty repairs has always been very quick, and they have a three year warranty. 

I highly recommend them. 

Sherry

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

We also use TST, ours has the older B&W monitor.  Works well, not too hard to set up.  Good customer service.  I know some folks like Tireminder, also good from what I read.  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

With the high quality LT tires and say two-three hours between pit stops I don’t  see a need for a tire monitor for the Elite II.  Rather I just carry a tire gauge and a Infrared Temp gun to use at stops.  

• Moderator+
2 hours ago, Naegele said:

With the high quality LT tires and say two-three hours between pit stops I don’t  see a need for a tire monitor for the Elite II.  Rather I just carry a tire gauge and a Infrared Temp gun to use at stops.  

Every one must make their own decision about this.  Personally, I'd rather know immediately that there is something going on with one of my tires than wait till someone flags me down to let me know that I now only have three tires left.

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

The really big deal with using a TPMS for the trailer is the great peace of mind it gives you. Like having a backup camera that can be operated when driving, it removes a whole lot of worries, making your trip more enjoyable. Which I think is pretty darned important......

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Nan, I know it doesn’t make much difference, but TST is located in Cumming, GA.  And it is always good to support your neighbor’s and also benefit from all of the other positive features others have already mentioned.

Mossey

• Like 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

We have had a TST 507 system for 5 years for our motorhome and Toad (Honda Fit).  We will use it for the Oliver as well.  Oliver doesn't use the "china bombs" that many trailer manufacturers use, but I still think it's a great investment. TPMS wasn't required either on cars or trucks for many years, but it is a safety feature that has probably saved a few lives. I've had both the older B&W monitor, but upgraded to the newer color screen.  Both work well.

• Like 2

• Moderators

My BF Goodrich tires have been stellar these last 4 years/50K+ miles.  But, being able to check both pressure and temperature before we start and while underway does provide peace of mind.  If I have a leak due to puncture or any other reason I should know before we’re at a crisis situation.  I’ll know about a blowout almost instantaneously.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS