Official April 8, 2024 Total Solar Eclipse Fredericksburg TX Rally

John E Davies

For those planning to be in the area around Fredericksburg for the Eclipse, I've updated our Blog Pages to include an informational section on the Eclipse, including a link to NASA's Eclipse page.

Here's the link to the blog:    https://4-ever-hitched.com/eclipse-2024

image.thumb.png.41b85885c5dd636ece3993c96e51286d.png

Craig & Rose

• Like 2

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

Not sure but I do know there will be one site empty the whole time as we now can’t use our reservation and they are unfortunately non refundable nor changeable they tell me.  Would love to see another Ollie owner be able to be there but the City has been very firm on no changes with me anyways. 

• Sad 1

Mike & Marianne Hermann, Scottsdale AZ

2022 RAM 2500 Hemi 4x4

Elite II Hull #1337

11 hours ago, MnM said:

Not sure but I do know there will be one site empty the whole time as we now can’t use our reservation and they are unfortunately non refundable nor changeable they tell me.  Would love to see another Ollie owner be able to be there but the City has been very firm on no changes with me anyways. 

I might be interested in that.  I have to check some things.  One, my truck might be too long.  It's a 3/4 but four doors and I noticed in the OP that it can't be longer than 16 foot.  Then I have to figure the timeframe.  

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.

On 4/10/2022 at 10:22 AM, John E Davies said:

No Trailers, Motorhomes, or Oversized vehicles rated larger than a 3/4 ton pickup truck and vehicles longer than ****16ft*** or wider than 6ft.

NOTE: 16 feet is a mid sized truck! My Land Cruiser 200 is 16.25’. A Suburban is about 19’… They don’t want long vehicles.

Just trying to clarify.  My truck is 3/4 ton.  However, a 3/4 is a FULL SIZE truck, not a MID sized.  My truck is over 21 feet.  Is a 3/4 ton TV allowed with an LE2 or is it suppose to be mximum 16 foot TV only?

3 hours ago, Jason Foster said:

Just trying to clarify.  My truck is 3/4 ton.  However, a 3/4 is a FULL SIZE truck, not a MID sized.  My truck is over 21 feet.  Is a 3/4 ton TV allowed with an LE2 or is it suppose to be mximum 16 foot TV only?

I don’t know but I told them I tow with a RAM 2500 so I’m in the same boat and they suggested the site I have.   Like I said, right now they are telling me I can’t cancel nor change my reservation so while I won’t be there I’m not sure how we could get you the site assuming they are still good with a 3/4 ton tow vehicle 

Mike & Marianne Hermann, Scottsdale AZ

2022 RAM 2500 Hemi 4x4

Elite II Hull #1337

10 hours ago, MnM said:

I don’t know but I told them I tow with a RAM 2500 so I’m in the same boat and they suggested the site I have.   Like I said, right now they are telling me I can’t cancel nor change my reservation so while I won’t be there I’m not sure how we could get you the site assuming they are still good with a 3/4 ton tow vehicle 

If they are OK with my TV, then I am OK with going.  We just need to work out the details on the reservation.  They won't let you cancel, but they should let you allow someone else to go in your place if you call them.  If so, I will reimburse you for the amount.

Hello Oliver travelers! I live 3 miles from Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park Campground (very nice park). The park has tennis, pickleball, nature trail, golf, pool (closed), fishing, and airport. The city is expecting 200,000 viewers. Population here 12,000. Expect lots of crowds if going into town. Expect more general aviation noise than normal due to the amount of planes coming in. Expect the grocery store (HEB) to be out of items! Expect lines to fuel up. Expect price inflation. The city has a task force to deal with the crowds\traffic. Anyways, do all of your touring and shopping before the big day. I am planning on walking around the campground a few days prior to the event so I can meet some of y'all. I got word yesterday our delivery date for our 2024 Elite 2 is April 10th. We didn't want to miss the Eclipse so we are heading to Hohenwald on the 9th. I think based on the traffic, we will leave wee hours in the am. Happy Trails--scott

• Like 4

2024 E2 | Hull # 1527 |Truma | Lithionics (390Ah) |Compost |2007 Toyota Tundra (5.7L, V8) | Airstream | Casita | Escape

15 hours ago, SAR said:

Hello Oliver travelers! I live 3 miles from Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park Campground (very nice park). The park has tennis, pickleball, nature trail, golf, pool (closed), fishing, and airport. The city is expecting 200,000 viewers. Population here 12,000. Expect lots of crowds if going into town. Expect more general aviation noise than normal due to the amount of planes coming in. Expect the grocery store (HEB) to be out of items! Expect lines to fuel up. Expect price inflation. The city has a task force to deal with the crowds\traffic. Anyways, do all of your touring and shopping before the big day. I am planning on walking around the campground a few days prior to the event so I can meet some of y'all. I got word yesterday our delivery date for our 2024 Elite 2 is April 10th. We didn't want to miss the Eclipse so we are heading to Hohenwald on the 9th. I think based on the traffic, we will leave wee hours in the am. Happy Trails--scott

Hopefully, we will see you there.  We plan to get fuel long before we get there and load up with supplies before leaving the house.  Unless I have some unexpected breakage, I won't need to see the town, just some good people. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2024 at 9:19 AM, MnM said:

FWIW, You can change the name on the reservation, so they are marketable.  My house on a hill in San Antonio gets 30 sec less of the eclipse than Fredericksburg, so three years after making reservation...wondering why I'll be there. 😉 

Some friends I booked with were starting to have second thoughts due to traffic.

• Like 3

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ralph Mawyer said:

FWIW, You can change the name on the reservation, so they are marketable.  My house on a hill in San Antonio gets 30 sec less of the eclipse than Fredericksburg, so three years after making reservation...wondering why I'll be there. 😉 

Same here.  We’ll be watching from the driveway.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

On 1/21/2024 at 4:56 PM, Mike and Carol said:

Same here.  We’ll be watching from the driveway.

Yep.  And I can also watch from my driveway.  I will be going to the annual Oliver Rally, so I will likely pass on this trip due to time conflicts.

image.thumb.png.70fbc756bc00b8e63cf1e5618afa5205.png

• Like 2

Updated Fredericksburg visitor video on Eclipse planning:

https://youtu.be/2RR49lrZsfk

• Like 2

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Official April 8, 2024 Total Solar Eclipse Fredericksburg TX Rally

Kim and I are planning on attending the solar eclipse event at Lady Bird Park. I think someone was keeping a list of who will be there; not sure if that’s happening now, but wanted to let everyone know we’ll be in site #55. 12 or 13 Oliver’s now? We haven’t been to an Oliver gathering for about 4 years and it’s always exciting when we see an Oliver, so this gathering should be a lot of fun. We look forward to meeting everyone. 
kim and David 

• Like 3

Kim and David Thompson Nomads' Nest 2018 LE2 #366 2018 Toyota Tundra, 4x4, 5.7L

Site #11 is up for grabs!  PM me and we'll work out the details of transferring it to anyone interested.  

• Wow 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• 5 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hi everybody, just checking in. I have been offline pretty much permanently. If anyone wants to drop by to chat, my wife Jac and  I are on the big grassy tent camping area 100 yards up Park Drive (main road) past the welcome building. Site 74 pitched under a shade tree close to the cable fence.

IMG_5750.thumb.jpeg.d0361ec3e7c69422d54aa1e66dd5aacc.jpeg

IMG_5748.thumb.jpeg.6ca3d47c0e8d254125091ff06d10f131.jpeg

IMG_5751.thumb.jpeg.12e5feb71d75306baa75f3e9056b3b77.jpeg

We are staying thru Monday afternoon, but will break camp MONDAY MORNING. We have a reservation at a motel for Monday night. If anybody wants a FREE EUREKA expedition style tent with fly, let me know. Otherwise it is going to Goodwill. We bought it because the Park Gestapo do not permit use of my Maggiolina roof top tent.

EDIT I already spoke to Bob and Elizabeth Cox, LE2 Hull 737, Florence Alabama, site 64.

They were riding their e-bikes and stopped to say “Are you John Davies?” LOL, I was sitting outside wearing the same hat as in my avatar pic, and they saw a white bug-covered Land Cruiser 200 with WA plates in the nearby lot. I was very surprised, we talked for ten minutes.

Regards!

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Like 7

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Welcome to Texas, John!  I hope the weather cooperates tomorrow for the big event.  It doesn’t look like good sky watching conditions.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

On 4/7/2024 at 8:32 AM, John E Davies said:

Hi everybody, just checking in. I have been offline pretty much permanently... Regards!  John Davies  Spokane WA

Yes indeed, it is certainly GREAT to hear from you! I believe I can speak for many here, that we all miss you! Hope and pray nothing but good health and happiness to you and your family.

It's a bit sad seeing you tent camping, after the 100s or 1000s of hours of the great improvements you put into "Mouse" through the years! But you are better than me! It's been 30 years since I slept on the ground and our Oliver has new Brooklyn Bedding.

Hoping the new Mouse owner shows up on the forum, or at a meet, as I would love to see your build in person. I'd have to crawl under her and check under the beds and everything I'm sure the new owner would dread.

We all still read your many posts every time we consider an Oliver Mod, that's for sure! I sure wish I could have been there to meet you, long way from eastern WA for you. We could have talked through the night, hope our paths will cross.

Best wishes and God bless @John E Davies 😂

• Like 4

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!