Dump Station Woes and other adventures with the "stinky slinky"

• Moderators

Mountainoliver's cap looks like the Camco version. Available in many places, including Amazon. There's a Valterra version without the big "handle" to aid in removing.

Amazon, walmart, camping world. My local Napa has some version, too.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

10 hours ago, Ron and Phyllis said:

I asked because the sewer hose caps I've found thus far do not have the male garden hose fitting as part of the cap.  Where did you purchase? 

Probably either Camping World or Walmart. Also check out Amazon I’ve seen many different designs there as well. 

Edited by mountainoliver
Wanted to add information
  • Like 2

2017 Elite II, Hull #208

2019 Chevy HD 2500 Duramax

• Like 2

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

• Like 2

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

I keep (2) sections of 10 foot sewer hose (one attached to the Oliver), the 90deg adapter, the clear extension, the rubber seal, the hard plastic threaded adapter and an assortment of caps in the bumper all of the time. These components will allow me to make proper sewer connections at 95% of our setups. If we are staying somewhere without sewer hookup, I add a Barker wheeled tote (modified with foam filled tires in place of pneumatic), the short hose that came with it, and a special adapter to allow sewer hose connection to the tote (note the bayonet attachment on both ends). 

781B8BCD-8695-49FE-B853-C7182E67F8B3.thumb.jpeg.6efddba8e5fcd5b654192939ea883eb6.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Degree-Sewer-Adapter-Portable/dp/B00OJHOL1O/ref=asc_df_B00OJHOL1O/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312202698398&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9090870160881797098&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9013575&hvtargid=pla-451786929497&psc=1

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 10:06 AM, Dave and Kimberly said:

In a pinch... and assuming there isn't people waiting, I'll try to put the front jack down enough to raise the trailer up a few inches.  Not unhooking, but  just taking the weight off the truck should be enough to get some extra fall from front to back.

Thanks again!   I hope this newbee question was helpful to some one else too!

If you do put down front jack to tilt tanks for dumping…. MAKE SURE YOU BLOCK UP AND LIFT OFF THAT BLOCK. That way if you forget and drive away JACKED UP hopefully you will not bend your front jack post. 

• Like 4

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

On 7/7/2022 at 5:29 PM, Dave and Kimberly said:

Ok... after reading and agreeing with some concerns about the difficulty undoing the Black and Gray drain cap, I feel compelled to dump another question on the group about the "Dump process".    Yes... I also think the placement of the cap is difficult and I feel like I have to get down on my knees... in an area I'd really rather NOT do that in.   

To further compound the frustration... three times I've discovered that the tube already had some liquid behind the cap (and yes it was, before you even ask).   After each of these nasty episodes... I'm careful to check and make sure that the valves are completely closed after finishing at the dump station.  .

Our black drain valve would allow water to bypass causing black water in the hose before dumping. Tried adjusting and lubricating the control cable, but could not stop the valve bypass. Was not a bad job, one flange bolt was difficult to get to.

Replaced the black tank valve and seals under the dinette seat. Have not had additional issues since valve replacement.

i-3pp4cGC-L.jpg

i-5xLXs6R-L.jpg

i-RfRmQzh-L.jpg

i-ZbVThNw-L.jpg

i-PPfDWgW-L.jpg

i-thmB2Rk-L.jpg

• Like 3

LE2

Ours is a 2022 Elite II, picked up in May.   I had forgotten about the Valve Blade Lubrication Video in Oliver University.  So, I poured 4 oz. of lubricant down each of the three locations, with no water in tank (per Jasons instructions) and now I'm waiting for it to do it's magic.   Next step, according to Jason is too put a few gallons of water in both black and gray tanks and drive a bit... allowing the lubricant, mixed with some water to slosh around tank and against valves.   We will see?   If I go under forward dinette seat... I can feel that the black tank doesn't seem to seat fully in the closed position... even though handle on cable is fully closed from the outside.   

I've tried to be very diligent and keep the black and gray tanks very clean after each trip... do good flush's etc....   I don't want to get into taking out the valve just yet.  

Edited by Dave and Kimberly
  • Like 1

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png

If you want to save $, buy food grade mineral oil in bulk and use a small amount often. I have been using this for years and never had to take my valves apart.. I carry a small bottle and keep it in the bottom of the pantry for easy access, I just pour a little down the galley sink after dumping the grey tank, and add a little fresh water. That lubes both grey valves. But I don't use the black tank at all, so your results may vary.

UltraPro Food Grade Mineral Oil, 1 Gallon (128oz), for Lubricating and Protecting Cutting Board, Butcher Block, Stainless Steel, Knife, Tool, Machine and Equipment, NSF Approved

Of sourse it is also perfect for wood cutting boards, either Foy’s or the ones at home..I don’t think you should use an RV valve lubricant for that!

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.