AC Fuse Question

Avalo

I am a new Oliver owner.  In the replacement fuse box provided at delivery, there is a single AC fuse in the box … all the rest are blade fuses.  I am wanting to get a few extras of this fuse, but am having trouble reading the rating stamped on it.  It looks like 30 amps, 32 volts … so would I be correct in assuming this is a 30 amp/32 volt slow-blow buss fuse?  Thanks in advance for any clarification.  

FC75CB45-4560-46DB-9992-068FD410E3C4.jpeg

2022 Oliver Legacy II, Twin Bed, Hull #1176

2022 Ford F150, 4x4 , 3.5L PowerBoost Full-Hybrid, Max Trailer Tow

Avalo:

I think you would be best to contact Oliver Service Department (or open a new service ticket) and ask them your question as we do not know what Oliver you have.

If you add to your signature, the year, hull number and model of your Oliver, and your tow vehicle information, it would help people to answer your questions in the future. To add this information to your  signature:

1. Click on your name in the upper right corner.

2. On the next page, click on Account settings.

3. On the next page, on the left side of the page, click on Signature.

4. Fill in your information and click save.

Add welcome to the Oliver forum

• Like 4

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• Moderator+
2 hours ago, Avalo said:

I am a new Oliver owner.  In the replacement fuse box provided at delivery, there is a single AC fuse in the box … all the rest are blade fuses.  I am wanting to get a few extras of this fuse, but am having trouble reading the rating stamped on it.  It looks like 30 amps, 32 volts … so would I be correct in assuming this is a 30 amp/32 volt slow-blow buss fuse?  Thanks in advance for any clarification.  

FC75CB45-4560-46DB-9992-068FD410E3C4.jpeg

You are correct in that this is a 30 amp slow blow fuse.  It goes into the jack circuits and is common to every Oliver made so far. My advice is to order a few more, you'll eventually need them. These might not look exactly like what you pictured but they are the same and will work just fine. I'd shop around, you'll probably be able to find less expensive ones, possibly at a local auto parts store.

As @dewdev suggested above, please add all your pertinent information about your Oliver and your Tow Vehicle to your signature. Since Oliver has made numerous changes in components and options over the years, when posting related to these, please list your Oliver’s year and model, and the brand of the component you have questions about. It will make the group’s responses much more informed.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

For future reference if you ever need to change that fuse, here’s a pic of the fuse holders for the three jacks (the three yellow inline fuse holders).  Located under the access hatch under street side (driver’s side) bed on our 2019 Elite II.   I can’t guarantee that yours will be in exactly the same place since I’m starting to think that no two Olivers are built exactly the same, especially in the early years 😂.  

2AE036E0-184E-4C80-B08C-6430721FE2B3.jpeg

879A5DA8-5AC6-43B9-A90D-CC4CCC4B7DEA.jpeg

• Thanks 3
  • Like 3

• Moderator+
9 minutes ago, Frank C said:

For future reference if you ever need to change that fuse, here’s a pic of the fuse holders for the three jacks (the three yellow inline fuse holders).  Located under the access hatch under street side (driver’s side) bed on our 2019 Elite II.   I can’t guarantee that yours will be in exactly the same place since I’m starting to think that no two Olivers are built exactly the same, especially in the early years 😂

Frank, I was just thinking about that fact last night and I believe you are correct. I seriously doubt there are any two Oliver's that are EXACTLY alike. And I guarantee that none of the first 100 or so are anything like each other.

• Like 7

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

Indeed - the jack fuse holder for my front jack is located right under the jack head at the front of the trailer.

None of the three jacks have ever given me any problem but I do complete annual maintenance on them each Spring.

Bill

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

My hull 218 has TWO inline yellow fuse holders for the tongue jack. One is at the back with that “gang of three” and the other is at the jack itself, which is a big gotcha, because either fuse could blow and if you did not know there are two, it would make you swear! The front one should be replaced with a simple single pole wire connector like an Anderson Power Pole. That is on my To Do list

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Pardon the sort of off topic nature of this post, but the above was such a great segway that I could not resist.  

Here are three easy suggestions to make stealing our trailer a PITA:  

• I use a high security lock on a bulldog coupler lock as others have suggested.  This forces them to use our cables/chains as a connection method.
  • I use a second lock to lock the cable hooks to the storage box.  This makes them shorter and more difficult to use to attach Ollie to their tow vehicle.
  • I pull the 30 amp fuse at the jack to again cause them to strain their back by having to lift our 600 + tongue weight.

Combined so far they have not bothered with my trailer.     🙂

GJ

• Like 4

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Geronimo John said:

Combined so far they have not bothered with my trailer.

Sure - but did you ever think about all those poor thieves out there that now have bad backs? 🤣

• Haha 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

6 hours ago, John E Davies said:

My hull 218 has TWO inline yellow fuse holders for the tongue jack. One is at the back with that “gang of three” and the other is at the jack itself, which is a big gotcha, because either fuse could blow and if you did not know there are two, it would make you swear! The front one should be replaced with a simple single pole wire connector like an Anderson Power Pole. That is on my To Do list

John Davies

Spokane WA

The tongue jack on our 2019 also has a redundant fuse.  

979ED4C2-3B34-497A-BED8-7F308A57DA4F.jpeg

3 hours ago, dewdev said:

i wonder why there are two fuses in the same line?

Jason Essary addresses this in his 2021 Oliver Elite II Delivery Walkthrough video.  He states that code requires fusing within a certain distance from the power source, so Oliver installs fuses for all three jacks near the batteries. 

Jason also notes that the front (tongue) jack comes from the manufacturer with the fuse already installed on it, and Oliver chooses to leave it there, resulting in redundant fusing for that jack. 

See the video below at 1:36.

So, Oliver owners get to check BOTH fuses should the tongue jack fail.  Or, follow John Davies' suggestion and install an Anderson Power Pole in place of the fuse on the front jack.

• Like 6

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

19 hours ago, John E Davies said:

John Davies

Spokane WA

Thanks for sharing this tidbit John!  Our hull #688 also has two inline fuses for the tongue jack.  I have seen both fuses but I never really connected the fact that they were both on the tongue jack mentally, so troubleshooting may have frustrated and embarrassed me at the same time - especially with no electrical diagrams.  🙂  

This is now on my To Do list as well.  I was thinking of using a crimped butt connector with heat shrink tubing for this task.  Any reason you recommend a single pole wire connector like the Anderson?

• Thanks 1

States Visited Map

2020 Elite II, Hull 688 --- 2021 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax Diesel

2 hours ago, NCeagle said:

Any reason you recommend a single pole wire connector like the Anderson?

My guess would be that if you ever have to replace the jack, you don't have to cut the wire and you wouldn't have two fuses to hunt down if one of them blew.

Brian

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, dewdev said:

My 2018 also has a redundant fuse, like Frank C. 

i wonder why there are two fuses in the same line?

The answer appears to be:  To give us something to ponder.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

On 9/28/2022 at 2:51 PM, ScubaRx said:

You are correct in that this is a 30 amp slow blow fuse.  It goes into the jack circuits and is common to every Oliver made so far. My advice is to order a few more, you'll eventually need them. These might not look exactly like what you pictured but they are the same and will work just fine. I'd shop around, you'll probably be able to find less expensive ones, possibly at a local auto parts store.

As @dewdev suggested above, please add all your pertinent information about your Oliver and your Tow Vehicle to your signature. Since Oliver has made numerous changes in components and options over the years, when posting related to these, please list your Oliver’s year and model, and the brand of the component you have questions about. It will make the group’s responses much more informed.

Thanks so much ScubaRx.  I appreciate it!

2022 Oliver Legacy II, Twin Bed, Hull #1176

2022 Ford F150, 4x4 , 3.5L PowerBoost Full-Hybrid, Max Trailer Tow

A couple of years ago I added a master switch to disable all of the leveling jacks as a theft deterrent. It’s probably difficult to move the trailer with all three jacks firmly lifting the trailer a bit. I moved the USB charging outlet from under the dinette and used that location for the leveling jack switch.

FC0184CB-1D65-4DB4-981D-053E10742DD9.jpeg

ADD1564C-4170-422E-BF2A-9E38EFF53FDD.jpeg

• Like 7

2017 Elite II, Hull #208

2019 Chevy HD 2500 Duramax

6 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

My guess would be that if you ever have to replace the jack, you don't have to cut the wire and you wouldn't have two fuses to hunt down if one of them blew.

Brian

I wouldn't have guessed that because you would still have to replace half of the connector anyhow if replacing the jack.  🙂  I was thinking the wires inside the jack could be easily disconnected and reused for the new jack but I may be wrong - I serviced the jack earlier this year but didn't pay attention to how the wires connect.

• Like 1

States Visited Map

2020 Elite II, Hull 688 --- 2021 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax Diesel