2023 Oliver Trailer Rally at Lake Guntersville Registration is Now Open (And Attendees List)

Steve Morris

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
On 12/19/2022 at 4:15 PM, Ollie-Haus said:

Just got the registration completed. We'll be staying in site G01 and God willing we'll be pulling Hull #1373 with us. Looking forward to our first of many Oliver rallies. 

Chris and Stacie with furry companions Hallie and Cohen

image.jpeg.cd77b24bc5fcabc82bbc5e5eb3402c76.jpeg

Another Indiana Oliver. Yay. Hull # 1045, Carmel, IN. There are a couple more near Fort Wayne. See you at the Rally. 

• Like 2

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

2 minutes ago, John Dorrer said:

Another Indiana Oliver. Yay. Hull # 1045, Carmel, IN. There are a couple more near Fort Wayne. See you at the Rally. 

WooHoo!😁

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

On 12/18/2022 at 11:23 AM, Steve Morris said:

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/events/oliver-owners-rally/registration/

Deb and I are on site G23. 

drone-campground1.jpg.f66d634e2bfe7a935437d3ce556b4000.jpg

2023 Rally Attendees: (collected from forum and Facebook groups)

B50 - Bugeye Driver - Pete and Bosker - Hull 14

D03 - 2HOBOS - Paul and Donna - Berryville, VA - Hull 414

D07 - mossemi - Lutz, FL - Hull 193
D11 - Katjo - Kathy & John - Michigan - Hull 732
D13 - Mike & Karen - marietta, Georgia - Hull 1309
D14 - David & Aven - Vero Beach, Florida - Hull 90
D15 - Foy & Myrna

E05 - ScubaRX - Steve, Tali, Reacher and Rocky - Tupelo, Mississippi - Hull 050
E06 - Mike & Carol - Texas Hill Country - Hull 135
E17 - Vic & Wanda - Auburndale, Florida - Hull 1139

E20 - Brian & Brandelyne - Paris, Tennessee - Hull 1351
E21 - Shawna & Scott - Vincent, Ohio - Hull 1182
E30 - Nan Wallace - Black Creek, GA
E32 - David & Kristine - Port Orange, Florida - Hull 555

F05 - Coach and JoJo (Steve, Jo'el, and Layla)
F06 - Chiwald - Christi, Matt & Lucy - Hull 962
F13 - Chris & Merrilee - Navarre, Florida - Hull 765
F50 - Patriot - David & Kathy - NC - Hull 634

G01 - Olle-Haus - Chris and Stacie - Greenfield, Indiana - Hull 1373
G02 - Jenna - Hull 590
G17 - Golfnut - SW Ohio - Hull 1179
G19 - Rusty MD - Bob and Linda - Hull 1304
G23 - Steve & Deb - Northern Ohio - Hull 1360

- Duke - Lakeland, Florida - Hull 292
- Sylvia & Stephen - Cordell, Georgia - Hull 428
- Teresa - Fairfield, Ohio - Hull 1179

- John & Susan - Carmel, Indiana - Hull 1045

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

On 12/18/2022 at 11:23 AM, Steve Morris said:

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/events/oliver-owners-rally/registration/

Deb and I are on site G23. 

drone-campground1.jpg.f66d634e2bfe7a935437d3ce556b4000.jpg

2023 Rally Attendees: (collected from forum and Facebook groups)

B50 - Bugeye Driver - Pete and Bosker - Hull 14

D03 - 2HOBOS - Paul and Donna - Berryville, VA - Hull 414

D07 - mossemi - Lutz, FL - Hull 193
D11 - Katjo - Kathy & John - Michigan - Hull 732
D13 - Mike & Karen - marietta, Georgia - Hull 1309
D14 - David & Aven - Vero Beach, Florida - Hull 90
D15 - Foy & Myrna

E05 - ScubaRX - Steve, Tali, Reacher and Rocky - Tupelo, Mississippi - Hull 050
E06 - Mike & Carol - Texas Hill Country - Hull 135
E17 - Vic & Wanda - Auburndale, Florida - Hull 1139

E20 - Brian & Brandelyne - Paris, Tennessee - Hull 1351
E21 - Shawna & Scott - Vincent, Ohio - Hull 1182
E30 - Nan Wallace - Black Creek, GA
E32 - David & Kristine - Port Orange, Florida - Hull 555

F05 - Coach and JoJo (Steve, Jo'el, and Layla)
F06 - Chiwald - Christi, Matt & Lucy - Hull 962
F13 - Chris & Merrilee - Navarre, Florida - Hull 765
F50 - Patriot - David & Kathy - NC - Hull 634

G01 - Olle-Haus - Chris and Stacie - Greenfield, Indiana - Hull 1373
G02 - Jenna - Hull 590
G17 - Golfnut - SW Ohio - Hull 1179
G19 - Rusty MD - Bob and Linda - Hull 1304
G23 - Steve & Deb - Northern Ohio - Hull 1360

- Duke - Lakeland, Florida - Hull 292
- Sylvia & Stephen - Cordell, Georgia - Hull 428
- Teresa - Fairfield, Ohio - Hull 1179

- John - Carmel, Indiana - Hull 1045

Update:

Site G-5 John & Susan

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Ron and Phyllis said:

Registered yesterday with Oliver for our first rally.

Really glad you two can make it.

Bring bicycles (if you have them), good walking shoes, a camera and note book.  Take a look at the State Park's website to get an idea of the things they have to offer - plan on at least one sunset up at the Main Lodge and another down by the lake - both can be magical.

When you get to your site, settle in and then find out where and when you can pick up your Rally packet.  Take it back to your Ollie and plan your day(s) according to what presentations interest you the most.  Don't forget to allow plenty of time just to simply walk around looking at all the Ollies that will be there.  Do not hesitate to knock on a door and/or go up to anyone and ask about that thing that caught your eye.

There is also a bunch to do in both the little town of Guntersville and the surrounding area.  However, make sure that you build in a bit of time to rest, relax and simply enjoy yourselves.

Bill

p.s.  more than likely there will be several of the senior people from Oliver in attendance - to include Scott Oliver.  If you see any of these people don't hesitate to introduce yourself.  The same goes for the Moderators of this Forum since five out of the six of us will be in attendance.  I know that all of us would like to meet you.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Wish we could've made it to the rally - Diane and I are both all "jelly!"  Besides I'm on extended travel overseas and back next week.  The logistics gods were frowning on us - but with luck, next year!  Y'all have a blast, take gigabytes of snaps and post them, all of 'em.

Cheers!

Art and Diane (Magnus, too - WOOF!)

• Like 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

I’ll get these updates added to the first post in a couple of days. It formats weird if I do it from my phone, adding an extra carriage return. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

• Moderator+

This is for all attendees of the upcoming rally in Alabama. Even though you've secured your campsite at Lake Guntersville SP, if you have not registered with Oliver and paid your registration fees, you're not finished yet. Rodney Lomax at the sales and service office contacted me this morning to ask me to get the word out that the list from the campground of campsite registrations far out number the list of people that have registered with Oliver that they plan to attend. They need this taken care of by April 21st in order for Oliver to be able to tell the campground how many people will be attending to predict the amount of food they will need to prepare for the people in attendance. This information is also needed to determine how much meeting space will be required for the attendees. Neither of the items are free from the park and will be partially paid for by your Oliver registration fee with the remainder being subsidized by Oliver.

You are not required to registered with Oliver to attend the gathering. But, if you wish to attend any of the planned activities or partake of the provided meals you will need to be wearing the name badge that will be included in your welcome "swag bag" of goodies that you will pick up after you arrive at the campground.

After the aforementioned date the Oliver registration will be closed. You can not just show up and pay at the door this year.

Let's get this taken care of ASAP. This link will answer all your questions: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/events/oliver-owners-rally/

I am very much looking forward to seeing all of our old friends and meeting the newer owners as well as any owners that have never been to an OTTOR (Oliver Travel Trailer Owner's Rally.) If you've ever been to a trailer rally, this one will be nothing like you've ever experienced before.

Drop by E05 and set a spell with us. There's always something going on near the Outlaw Oliver.

• Thanks 3
  • Like 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Bob and I, Hull #671, are late to the game, but we are registered for our first ever Rally! We were not able to secure a campsite, so we’ll be staying at the lodge…guess we’ll be doing a lot of walking! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

2020 LEII #671; 2021 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Degmom said:

Bob and I, Hull #671, are late to the game, but we are registered for our first ever Rally! We were not able to secure a campsite, so we’ll be staying at the lodge…guess we’ll be doing a lot of walking! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Keep checking with the park for any cancellations, there’s a good chance you could still get a site.  Walking between the lodge and the campground is not really doable for most folks, the campground is down on the lake, the lodge is up on the mountain, long winding road!  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Thanks for the info, Mike! We didn’t think we were gonna be able to go, but a last minute family schedule change, put us back in the mix. We’ll definitely keep checking for cancellations and/open sites….if nothing pops up, we’ll be driving our little “Marshmallow” (Kia Soul) to the rally, so I guess we can drive back and forth. Either way, I know we’ll have a great time! We have a lot to learn about our “new to us” Ollie! 😄

• Like 1

• Moderators

Another alternative (and less costly) is to use the State Park's boondocking sites that are only a short distance down the road from the regular campground.  You can call the Park campground and ask about this.

Most of the presentations happen in the ballroom of the Lodge.  Most of the vendors are down near the campground and, of course, the main attraction is mostly all of the Ollie owners are in the campground.  A simple drive down to the campground from the Lodge - park the car/truck - and then a good pair of walking shoes get you to seeing all of the Ollie mods you can imagine plus the vendors.

Good luck!

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thanks, Bill, we’ll have to check on the Boondocking, that’s a good option and how we do a lot of our camping anyway. Good to know the other details, too, as to where events are happening. I’m sure we’ll be walking around the “main event”, as we have some brains to pick with those who have had their Olivers much longer than us 😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Degmom said:

Thanks, Bill, we’ll have to check on the Boondocking, that’s a good option and how we do a lot of our camping anyway. Good to know the other details, too, as to where events are happening. I’m sure we’ll be walking around the “main event”, as we have some brains to pick with those who have had their Olivers much longer than us 😄

Have you called the park to ask about reservations? When I was trying to make mine on line they showed almost everything taken way back in February. I called and had to leave a message. They called me back in just a few minutes and when I was talking to them, they said they had a number of sites reserved for the Rally that had not been booked yet. Made it sound like they show as unavailable on the public site but still available to rally attendees when you call. 

• Like 2

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

• Moderators

On another subject for those that are "first timers" at an Oliver Owner's Rally - attire.

Given the location - a State Park - the attire is what you might expect - casual - jeans, shorts, t-shirts/golf shirts, etc..  Certainly during the day - particularly in the campground - bathing suits, shorts and t-shirts are the norm.  At "functions" and/or presentations at the Lodge t-shirts and shorts are acceptable but with the air conditioning keep in mind carrying a light jacket, sweater or over shirt.  If there is a dinner at the Lodge then while shorts would be OK, a better choice might be jeans or casual slacks and a golf shirt.  Again, don't forget some type of sweater in case it is a bit too cool in both the ballroom and/or out on the balcony where you MUST see one of the sunsets over the lake.

Regardless of the attire, make sure that you bring good shoes.  There are plenty of hiking trails if you enjoy that activity, but, with all of the Ollies that will be there you should make time to simply do a bunch of walking through the campground simply looking and talking to other owners about all things Oliver.

Finally, there is a beach with roped off area for swimming, splashing and just generally getting wet.  So, a bathing suit would be a great idea if that is an activity you want to do.

Bill

p.s.  Never leave your campsite with your awning(s) extended.  Sudden bursts of wind can (and do) come off the lake without warning.  A couple of years ago several Oliver awnings were lost.  And, yes, this includes those of you with those fancy new awnings that have "wind sensors".

• Thanks 3
  • Like 2

• Moderator+
On 4/3/2023 at 8:30 PM, Steve Morris said:

...It formats weird if I do it from my phone, adding an extra carriage return. 

I took the liberty of "fixing" a place in your list that had done just that. I think my OCD just got the better of me and I hope that doesn't upset you. Thank you so much for taking the time to keep this list.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg