has anyone tried the new Dometic fresh jet 2200?

Roadlotus

7 minutes ago, Roadlotus said:

OK, so the tech said drainage lines up. I have ordered the unit so it will be ready when they get to me. So excited!!

Great research and great news! Keep us updated on how the install goes and how you like the Freshjet!! 

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
6 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

Interested!

Same here!

• Like 3

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Roadlotus said:

OK, so the tech said drainage lines up. I have ordered the unit so it will be ready when they get to me. So excited!!

Exciting!  Keep us all updated, there’s a lot of interest.  Mike

• Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

13 hours ago, Patriot said:

Great research and great news! Keep us updated on how the install goes and how you like the Freshjet!! 

I have been reading your postings, and I have an appointment with Oliver to install an Aventa in two weeks. It's easy to see how the Dometic Freshjet might be priced with installation at around half the price of the Truma. At this time, for me there are reasons to go with the Truma and there are reasons to wait.

What makes the Truma Aventa (at a base price of around $2,000 plus $300 for the CP Plus panel plus the fiberglass support frame) worth paying for in light of this new $1K Dometic? I can see paying extra for a device that uses the existing condensate lines and has a supported installation from Oliver (as opposed to the Houghton which has neither). What else makes the Truma worth the extra $$$?

The Truma website says it has rethought air conditioning and is not like traditional air conditioners. It provides a balance between coolness and dehumidification so as to achieve an optimum comfort level. Do you feel (disregarding noise level) that your comfort has significantly improved?

Having owned and operated an Aventa Eco, are there any reasons in your opinion to prefer the Truma over the Freshjet?

It's easy to see that at this price point Oliver could eventually switch their default AC to the new one, and possibly offer an upgrade path as well. If this happens, it doesn't bode well for the Truma unless there is another really good reason to offer it.

• Like 4

2021 Elite II Twin #850 "Mojo", 2020 F250 Lariat 7.3L FX4 3.55

Hi @MobileJoy

I won’t have the fresh jet installed for several weeks. So I can’t say either way what would be best. I live in California, so traveling to Tennessee, for the truma is not feasible. That’s why I was looking at the Houghton. The fresh jet is a new option that I hadn’t known about. But it looks good on paper. I guess I’m going to be the test case! Once it is installed, I can do a video on it and run a decibel meter if that would be helpful for folks. But right now it’s all speculation on my part. it sounds like both truma and the fresh jet have strong reviews so either one is probably a good choice. But we will see 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6

2022 EII owner, Hull 1284, Tow Vehicle: 2021 Nissan Titan XD. 2022 lithium pro package which is 630 amp hours and 340 watt panels with a 3000 w inverter.

58 minutes ago, MobileJoy said:

Having owned and operated an Aventa Eco, are there any reasons in your opinion to prefer the Truma over the Freshjet?

Mobilejoy: 

We deferred our delivery date last year, and paid the premium, to get the Truma Aventa AC.  It works well.  But, I have no basis for comparing the Truma to a Dometic Freshjet.  At this point, the Truma Aventa is a known performer.  The Freshjet is not.  And, it is a "Demonic" product, from a company that has been known to cut corners to improve the bottom line. 

In your shoes, I would keep my appointment with Oliver and pay the Truma premium.  Once the Freshjet has a significant track record, my analysis may be different.

That said, in Roadlotus' shoes, I would also keep the appointment for installation of a Freshjet.  The travel to Hohenwald for a retrofit would be a "deal breaker" for me as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

On 5/25/2023 at 12:30 PM, SeaDawg said:

The 2200 may be just cooling and dehumidifier, like the smaller houghton we have? European specs say it's good for trailers up to 7 meters. 

I'm looking forward to your install and review. 

The 2200 is only 7,500 BTU capacity.  For an OE2, that would not be enough capacity for the majority of HOT weather areas.  However, it would provide great de-humidificaiton as it would have very long run times between cycles or run all day long and be cycling off only at night.  Would prefer at least 9000 BTU for an OE2, and 11,000 being the ideal selection.  

GJ

• Like 5

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Geronimo John said:

2200 is only 7,500 BTU capacity

That's a very good point. Has anyone seen the USA specs yet? Seems there are differences with the European and Australian  units ( no heat in USA unit.)

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hi @SeaDawg and @Geronimo John

The units in the US are either 13500 or 15000 btu

If you go to the beginning of this thread, there are spec sheets that I posted which I got from my tech.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

2022 EII owner, Hull 1284, Tow Vehicle: 2021 Nissan Titan XD. 2022 lithium pro package which is 630 amp hours and 340 watt panels with a 3000 w inverter.

@MobileJoy

We have only had our Truma Aventa since our install on May 8th. We have had to use it approximately 2 weeks during our last 18 day trip. So far we are extremely happy with the quiet super cooling performance. We only run ours on low most of the time it really works well cooling the Ollie down fast. We opted for the CP plus panel which incorporates our Truma AquaGo, which is a back up to the remote. So far it’s a great set up.
It was also important to us that Oliver did the install and supports the Truma product line. Another thought is you could possibly wait until the Dometic Freshjet has owner/user time in the field reviews and becomes a “proven” product or go with the already proven Truma.  A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

All the best in your decision.

Patriot🇺🇸

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

IMG_2879.jpeg

16 minutes ago, MobileJoy said:

Thank you all for your help. I will keep my Truma appointment due to the things you have said. Once I have used it for a while, I will post a review.

When you get to Oliver talk with Jason Essary he was great answering all of our questions about the install. 
Safe Travels!

• Like 2

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Roadlotus said:

Hi @SeaDawg and @Geronimo John

The units in the US are either 13500 or 15000 btu

If you go to the beginning of this thread, there are spec sheets that I posted which I got from my tech.

I see that, now.

Is it really almost 4000 watts to run it? Or is there some iso formula I don't know? 

They claim an eer of 8.2, so that would be more like 1650 watts running at 95 degrees? Which would be awesome.

Screenshot_20230607_150647_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20230607_153512_Samsung Notes.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

FYI,  Just got my camping world flyer, Dometic Fresh jet 3  $1099. For club members  and free shipping. That’s for the 13,500 BTU..they say that’s a $200.00 savings.. I,m not in market right now.. Happy& Safe Travels..Manny

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

2022 Elite I  # 1179  |  2024 Tundra SR5 4x4 Crewmax. 5.5 ft. Bed. 3.31gears 10 spd.trans

Where are you having the replacement work done?

Thanks.

• Like 1

2022 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull 1242, 9/26/22

Lithium Platinum Power/Solar Package

Tow with Supercrew Cab 2019 F-150 4 x4, 5.0L 4-Valve V8 with 3.73 axle ratio & 157" wheelbase.

F-150 GCWR of 16,900 lbs with maximum load trailer of 11,500 lbs.

On 6/7/2023 at 9:17 AM, SeaDawg said:

Is it really almost 4000 watts to run it? Or is there some iso formula I don't know? 

They claim an eer of 8.2, so that would be more like 1650 watts running at 95 degrees? Which would be awesome.

That must be the max inrush current.  Key questions I would require answers for if I were interested are:  

• What 120V breaker does it require?
  • What size electrical service wire does it require?
  • Will a 2,000 watt Honda EU 2000i generator reliably start and run the unit with or without EZ Start?

If the answers are:

• Greater than 20 amp
  • #12 AWG
  • No

It would for sure be a deal breaker.

GJ

• Like 3

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2023 at 6:20 PM, Roadlotus said:

the tech I am working with just sent me this for pricing: 

Hello this will be a direct fit no need to retro fit anything.

Dometic Freshjet 3 Series, Rooftop RV Air Conditioner 13500 BTU, White. with shipping cost $1027.58 + tax

I don't know what labor will be, but because they are Dometic servicers, I am hoping it won't be more than 2 hours time. I can keep you posted, as this seems like the way to go for me. I live in CA and travelling to TN for the Truma is not an option. Plus this is MUCH less expensive and should use my existing thermostat. 

I don't think the heat pump or remote is available in the states yet. I have asked my tech and also asked if this will match to existing condensation drainage.

@Roadlotus any updates on your Dometic Freshjet install? Are you still considering it? Hoping the retrofit all goes smoothly. I am interested in your thoughts and feedback on the new Freshjet. 

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

@Patriot I am still in the queue for getting it installed. They are backed up and I am looking forward to telling everybody more once it is in. I have ordered the unit and I am just waiting to get it put in.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Roadlotus said:

@Patriot I am still in the queue for getting it installed. They are backed up and I am looking forward to telling everybody more once it is in. I have ordered the unit and I am just waiting to get it put in.

Glad to hear you are in the queue! Looking forward to your review! 👍🏻

• Like 5

IMG_2879.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, last week I helped a friend replace the AC unit on his (some other brand) trailer. He was replacing an old Dometic Brisk model with the new Dometic FreshJet 3 Series 13,500 BTU.

The install was pretty straight forward (plug and play), it only took a couple hours for two amateurs to complete the installation. My friend was able to reuse the existing control panel from his old unit.

I was not able to compare the noise/sound difference between the Brisk and FreshJet, but I am really impressed with the FreshJet compared to my Oliver’s Penguin model. My friend and his wife say that the new AC is a game changer and will allow them to travel more in the summer season.

I ordered a FreshJet for myself this past weekend from RV Parts Country, and to my surprise it arrived to my home in East TN in two days. My friend and I are planning to install it on my Oliver late next week.

I will post more information after the install.

Alan

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Alan & Judy

Strawberry Plains, TN

2021 Oliver Elite II 

2023 F250 STX 6.8L Gas

Glad to hear that @rangered

My ollie is still waiting in line for the replacement. I’m hoping it happens this week.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, rangered said:

I will post more information after the install.

Can you post some pix of the SOB install, just curious...  This sounds very promising.  Thanks for the post!

• Like 2

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

MAX Burner, unfortunately I did not take pictures of my friends AC install. I am planning to take pictures of my install next week.

My friends old AC unit had the manual controls on the bottom of the air distribution/return cover, which we were able to reuse.

On my AC swap next week, I should be able to use the thermostat control box from the old Penguin AC, that would allow me to use my existing wall thermostat.

I hope it all goes as planned.

I will keep everyone posted.

Alan

• Thanks 3
  • Like 3

Alan & Judy

Strawberry Plains, TN

2021 Oliver Elite II 

2023 F250 STX 6.8L Gas

On 6/6/2023 at 6:15 PM, Roadlotus said:

The units in the US are either 13500 or 15000 btu. If you go to the beginning of this thread, there are spec sheets that I posted which I got from my tech.

I installed a Furrion 13,500 BTU A/C unit in our Bigfoot Class-C three years back. It was a ducted system in a 30 ft Class-C and cooled it nicely. We don't camp in hot summer weather, but I run our RV A/C units during the summer when parked at home. I would guesstimate the large Class-C has twice the cubic ft of our little LEIIs. The original Dometic failed, condenser fan dislodged and stuck in the casing. Buy another Dometic? I hope y'all find a better alternative.

My feeling is you need to be down at perhaps 11,000 BTU as was suggested above. The 13,500 BTU (or greater) A/C system will likely not cycle enough in most climates, which means less air movement and less humidity management. It is important to engineer an A/C system at the right BTU rating, not too much or too little. 

We're keeping our old clunker original Dometic, for now. It's parked outside with A/C running now, only part of the day, and we've been high 90s to 100. I have it set at 84 degrees, so the interior stays nice.

Yes, it's noisy (LOL, I can hear it from the front door of my house, and my 100' hose doesn't quite reach the Oliver)! Keep in mind, we live in the dry Arizona high country. The A/C does not run at night at all, and it would have to perform better, perhaps require more BTUs, if for say you live in the SE United States, or camp in the Midwest during the summer months.

• Like 2

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!