2024 Oliver Owners Rally

HDRider

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

Aren't there things more important than jobs, careers, money and the like?😬

Sorry you have to cancel and hopefully we will get a chance to meet prior to next year's Rally.

Bill

• Love 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

9 hours ago, Jason Foster said:

Looks like I am going to have to cancel my trip this year. 

Hey, Jason:  That's too bad...  We were looking forward to meeting y'all!  Will you be going to the Total Eclipse in Fredericksburg?

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

5 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Aren't there things more important than jobs, careers, money and the like?😬

Sorry you have to cancel and hopefully we will get a chance to meet prior to next year's Rally.

Bill

Money is pretty important when you aren't rich. 

I'm sure we will run into one another sometime.  Olivers seem to have a natural attraction for one another, so unknowingly to us, we will eventually find ourselves in the same campground.  We are surprised to see another Oliver but our trailer knew all along. 

• Haha 1

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.

5 hours ago, MAX Burner said:

Hey, Jason:  That's too bad...  We were looking forward to meeting y'all!  Will you be going to the Total Eclipse in Fredericksburg?

I had to cancel that one as well.  We just had the perfect storm of crap that happened all at once between now and June sometime.  We will find our way into some local campgrounds in east Texas.  Maybe we will see y'all there?

On 2/27/2024 at 9:36 PM, Jason Foster said:

Looks like I am going to have to cancel my trip this year.  My job is sending me to a conference during that time...

Yeah Jason, so you and I are perhaps the minority here, i.e. still working for a living! I want to retire when I have very little to do! 🤣 Not happen' soon?!

We need an annual OTT Texas Meet (and on occasion points West)! Isn't Texas the center of the United States of America? Yep, just check a map. It was its own country for a while and if things keep going... It may have to step up again! Heck, I'll move back.

Again, we would love to meet y'all for an OTT Meet but after over 45 years east, family stuff and who's...
Will y'all travel west for a meet? Or just head west and visit our amazing High Country of Arizona for a few days. 😊

• Like 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

On 2/28/2024 at 12:15 PM, Jason Foster said:

Money is pretty important when you aren't rich...

Well said, and yes, it's easy for those of money to say it's not. I'll be working well into my 70s, God and health allowing. We're getting there pretty soon. The Oliver ain't goin' nowhere.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jd1923 said:

Or just head west and visit our amazing High Country of Arizona for a few days. 😊

We'll definitely take you up on that one, John - wish we could've made it work as part of our "Q" trip in JAN!

But a TX OTT mini-rally sounds awesome - we're in the DFW area regularly from NM while visiting our grandson there...  Maybe after the Annual OTT Rally?

• Like 2

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

9 hours ago, jd1923 said:

Yeah Jason, so you and I are perhaps the minority here, i.e. still working for a living! I want to retire when I have very little to do! 🤣 Not happen' soon?!

We need an annual OTT Texas Meet (and on occasion points West)! Isn't Texas the center of the United States of America? Yep, just check a map. It was its own country for a while and if things keep going... It may have to step up again! Heck, I'll move back.

Again, we would love to meet y'all for an OTT Meet but after over 45 years east, family stuff and who's...
Will y'all travel west for a meet? Or just head west and visit our amazing High Country of Arizona for a few days. 😊

There is a Texas Rally at Inks Lake on 10/21/24-10/24/24. The 15 alloted early booking sites went in 24 hours and the remainder of people will have to book at the Texas 5 month booking window starting on May 21, 2024.

All of the information is on Facebook Oliver Rolling Rally. 25 owners are expected. There are many who don't use Facebook, but on Oliver Trailer Owners and Oliver Rolling Rally there are many small rally's and get togethers organised on both sites.

• Like 2

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

• Moderators
2 hours ago, John Dorrer said:

There is a Texas Rally at Inks Lake on 10/21/24-10/24/24. The 15 alloted early booking sites went in 24 hours and the remainder of people will have to book at the Texas 5 month booking window starting on May 21, 2024.

All of the information is on Facebook Oliver Rolling Rally. 25 owners are expected. There are many who don't use Facebook, but on Oliver Trailer Owners and Oliver Rolling Rally there are many small rally's and get togethers organised on both sites.

We missed this post on FaceBook since we don’t do much there.  I’m glad someone organized a Texas rally, just wish it would have been shared here as well.  Maybe a FaceBook user could cut and paste the information here for non-FB folks?  Inks Lake is popular and difficult to get into depending on the time of year.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

6 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

We missed this post on FaceBook since we don’t do much there.  I’m glad someone organized a Texas rally, just wish it would have been shared here as well.  Maybe a FaceBook user could cut and paste the information here for non-FB folks?  Inks Lake is popular and difficult to get into depending on the time of year.  Mike

Why Facebook when this great forum is OTT sponsored and has years of history? I never had a FB account, Chris had one early and closed it when they became outwardly political. Sorry, we're not looking there.

Love the lakes region of central Texas. We had a restaurant on RR 620 by Lake Travis and for years we attended juniors' tennis tournaments at the Horseshoe Bay Resort! Marble Falls is a great little town too. Mike understands many of us will not get campsites there. Are there other nearby park locations?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, jd1923 said:

Why Facebook when this great forum is OTT sponsored and has years of history? I never had a FB account, Chris had one early and closed it when they became outwardly political. Sorry, we're not looking there.

Love the lakes region of central Texas. We had a restaurant on RR 620 by Lake Travis and for years we attended juniors' tennis tournaments at the Horseshoe Bay Resort! Marble Falls is a great little town too. Mike understands many of us will not get campsites there. Are there other nearby park locations?

The 5 month booking window for Texas State Parks is 5/21/24. There shouldn't be a problem on getting a site for 10/21-24. While there are many people on the Forum that don't do Facebook, the Oliver Trailer Owners and Oliver Rolling Rally Facebook sites have a big following. There have been numerous rallies and meet-ups set-up. 

I choose to use both Oliver Facebook and the Forum. The Oliver Facebook site has been around for years and Rolling Rally from around 2 years. The members on Facebook asked for a vehicle to set-up rally's and meet-ups. I can't speak for the Forum. Each group has the opportunity do what Oliver Owners have done on the Facebook site

• Like 2

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

Here is the info on the Texas Rally for 10/21-24. Please note you will have to follow normal booking through Texas Parks 5 month booking window. The enclosed was for the early booking, so doesn't apply for those booking 5/21/24.

Screenshot_20240301-163201.png

Screenshot_20240301-163249.png

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, John Dorrer said:

I choose to use both Oliver Facebook and the Forum. The Oliver Facebook site has been around for years and Rolling Rally from around 2 years. The members on Facebook asked for a vehicle to set-up rally's and meet-ups. I can't speak for the Forum. Each group has the opportunity do what Oliver Owners have done on the Facebook site

John, thanks for sharing the rally information.  There are valid reasons people don’t want to use FB and I’ll just leave it at that.  I just wouldn’t want to see a division between the FB owners and the Forum owners.  Mike

• Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

2 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

John, thanks for sharing the rally information.  There are valid reasons people don’t want to use FB and I’ll just leave it at that.  I just wouldn’t want to see a division between the FB owners and the Forum owners.  Mike

I don't see any division between Facebook and the Forum. I enjoy both. On Facebook people post a lot of photos and trip reports. There is also more of a bond between people because they know who they are replying to. It is hard when nick names are used. I struggle with that, but it is what it is. Everyone has choices. In any event the info should help for those on the Forum that would like to attend

• Like 3

It reads to be a private meet for members of "Oliver Rolling Rally." Donna Gerould would have to post it here if she wants other Oliver owners involved.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jd1923 said:

It reads to be a private meet for members of "Oliver Rolling Rally." Donna Gerould would have to post it here if she wants other Oliver owners involved.

It is set up on Rolling Rally for Oliver Owners. Oliver owners are invited. Not sure why you think it has to be posted here. To be honest I'm getting a little pissed the direction you have taken this. I extended an invite based on your comment of having a Texas get together. Questioning me as to why it was on Facebook and not here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Sorry @John Dorrer, I for sure and others who have liked my post did not mean anything on you. In fact, thank you very much for informing members of the OTT Forum!

It just sucks that there are Oliver gatherings not posted on Oliver Travel Trailers Owner Forums

Maybe those of us here should meet/boondock in Marfa TX, Big Spring, San Angelo or somewhere where you can park 50+ Olivers without reservations, 5-6 months out. Would love to get back to the central lakes too. Thanks again.

• Like 2

• Moderator+

I'll step in here and say that as far as I know, there has never been a member on this forum that has volunteered to take on the responsibility of listing all the fiberglass rallys that are ongoing all the time across the nation. There are sites and people that do it, with FB being the most popular platform. The Oliver Rolling Rally FB page requires that you be an Oliver owner to sign in. Since the folks at Oliver don't read or participate here, there is never much mention of even the Annual Oliver Rally. If someone here wants another project to consume their life start a thread and list the dates and places for Rallys.

With the exception of the Oliver Rally, we rarely attend any of the others.

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

On 3/1/2024 at 8:05 PM, John Dorrer said:

It is set up on Rolling Rally for Oliver Owners. Oliver owners are invited. Not sure why you think it has to be posted here. To be honest I'm getting a little pissed the direction you have taken this. I extended an invite based on your comment of having a Texas get together. Questioning me as to why it was on Facebook and not here. 

Don't be afraid to speak your mind.  🙂 I'm not a big FB guy.  In fact, I'm not really a forum guy.   I do my best though.  A Texas get together sounds good, as long as it doesn't get too crowded.  

• Like 2