Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 04/17/2017 in all areas

  1. BugBite has broken proper forum decorum again. The time for talking and discussion is over and the "BugBite" membership should be deleted by end of business today. Any return to the forums under another name and continuance of similar behavior will have a similar result. This is a place for supporting and generally uplifting one another in our desire to get out in nature with our wonderful campers. We may not always agree with each other (families are like that) but, in the end, our goal is to help each other learn how to make the best use of our trailers and to venture forth safely, and HAVE FUN! Let's keep it that way.
    9 points
  2. Issue: Galley drawers sliding out during transit Potential Models Impacted: 2016-2017 Information: The current blum slides being used were implemented during the 2016 model year. We have since seen three issues where a kitchen galley drawer has come loose during transit. The blum stays attached to the drawer slide and pulls loose from the drawer itself. Resolution: Process change in the way the drawer is built as well as longer screws being used to ensure this issue does not continue. What Should you do: At this time we have only seen or been made aware of three instances where this has happened. We have the same slides and design in about 127 units. If the issue occurs, please contact our service department at 866-205-2621 so we can assist with the resolution.
    6 points
  3. Leaving in the morning, for what looks like a 3 day wet trip, to pick up our Oliver. At least it is only suppoesed to be showers there Thursday...
    5 points
  4. There are basic forum etiquette rules that most forums follow and enforce. Mostly common sense - don't constantly highjack threads, don't post extraneous information, don't consider your opinion or preferences as the only way, don't engage in personal attacks, leave politics and religion at the door. Let's get back to the business of exchanging information, assisting and encouraging each other and enjoying the Oliver experience. Mike
    5 points
  5. Thanks, I know that was an action that you guys were reluctant to take. But honestly, given the screen name and textbook methods, there were times I suspected that we had become involuntary subjects in some weird psychology experiment.
    3 points
  6. Agree. We don't usually delete posts, but I just did. This is Canoe12's thread on his pick up experience, let's get back on topic. Mike
    2 points
  7. They sent us new drawers last week and also a set of longer screws for the other 3. We haven't had a problem since and the new screws are 3/4" full thread so it looks fine. What I did do different was I changed the magnet plate distance on the back of the drawers so that they make full contact with the magnet. Before, they were 1/8" away from hitting.
    2 points
  8. C12, When we took delivery of Twist a little over a year ago, it had rained HARD for about 30 hours. Certainly this was not the most desirable, but it really didn't hurt the delivery experience (other than getting our nice clean Elite II a bit dirty right off the bat). All of the important stuff is done under cover and at your first set-up there are more than enough hands around so that you will not even get very damp. Have a great time and enjoy the experience. Bill
    1 point
  9. Please see TSB regarding Kitchen Drawers: TSB: Galley Drawers
    1 point
  10. Here is a very nice map showing the north part of the Trace and attractions along the way. https://www.nps.gov/natr/planyourvisit/upload/NATRmap_336_444_web-2.pdf We plan to collect our new Ollie on Monday morning, May 15, stay the night at nearby Fall Hollow, and explore the immediate area over the next two days, testing out all the systems and putting some miles on the trailer. If we need any fixes we will be close to Hohenwald. We will try to get a spot at Merriweather Lewis one night, and I do want to revisit Shiloh battlefield. It has been 45 years since I was there. Otherwise we are wide open to suggestions. What is good? What should we avoid? We won't need or want hookups other than the first night. Tishomingo State Park, just over the MS border, looks very cool. Has anyone stayed there? We have to head north to Nashville to pick up our kids at the airport on Thursday afternoon, for a weekend family reunion at Fall Creek Falls. It would be nice to follow the Trace to Nashville, my old home town. Thnks for your suggestions. John Davies Spokane WA
    1 point
  11. http://olivertraveltrailers.com/trip-planning-oliver-larry-mountainborn-harmon/
    1 point
  12. All of ours are on quick disconnects because it makes everything uniform and easy. If the water pressure is high, I will use an adjustable regulator at the faucet, then I also have the simple brass regulator with quick connects that I can add in later. I've found that the large blue filter pictured, with the carbon filter replacement, really works best when the water has a bad taste. But it also really reduces the pressure a lot on its own. So when using it, I put the regulator after this filter on low flowing water systems. I have 3 different regulators and I have left the water on all the time when hooked up for decades... Until now... :) I've had broken water pipes in my motorhome and seeing the water spraying made it easy to find the leak... Lol. But now that I have the Oliver Boat, I would hate to come home to see a waterfall coming out under the door... :) Our dog Riffles loves the water too :)
    1 point
  13. Just in case. While it can be overly cautious that doesn't necessarily make it unnecessary. With all the horror stories of unregulated pressures out there, if you are gone for the day and have a bad fitting let go, I'm pretty sure the weeps in the belly would be overcome and it would fill up. Lots of good stuff down there and these would retain water faster than a .... So it's just an easy thing to turn off and on. At least that's my thinking and doing.
    1 point
  14. This may be a silly question, but why do you turn off the water spigot?
    1 point
  15. I can't imagine that this is normal. Can any other owners comment if this has happened to them? It doesn't seem to me that the rear jacks are that far from the centerline of the suspension to make that much of a difference. Not only should the frame not be that flexible, but to bend the fiberglass tub that much? I don't care how much time we've invested in getting an Oliver - if that's normal, we're cutting our losses pdq.
    1 point
  16. One more thing as Columbo, used to say. When you purchase your Ollie TT the hardware you get for the 20 lb. tanks will not work with the 30 lb. tanks. but the 30 lb. hardware to hold the tanks will work with the 20 lb. tanks. This is per Jason, the service manager. So if you want to use 20 pounders in place of the larger tanks it will work fine. Lukins alluded to this in their posting.
    1 point
  17. I've probably got 6 of the 20's sitting around and they are easier to carry but we went with the 30lb upgrade for the resale value. If it gets to the point that you can't lift the 30's then converting down to 20's is simple, where converting up will take some parts usually. We always carried an extra 20 before the Olli, now we don't need it and also had both extra propane ports added front and rear.
    1 point
  18. Easy in many ways to refill a 20 pounder, which is the "standard " size. You can even swap out your empty bottle for a filled one at many places like Home Depot. Be aware it will not look brand new. http://www.homedepot.com/p/AMERIGAS-Propane-Tank-Exchange-204S/202317242 It is a great idea to carry a spare one for reserve ONLY IF you have a place to secure it properly outside the TV or trailer. The open bed of a pickup would be acceptable, if it can't move. Inside a sealed compartment or vehicle is strictly forbidden. I ordered the 30 pounders and I don't care about the other aspects and I don't want to deal with an extra one. I just want a lot of built-in gas. If Oliver would start using marine diesel fired appliances, then we could carry a five gallons of the stuff very safely and it would last for months.... Oh well. Maybe in 2027... John Davies Spokane WA
    1 point
  19. I have never heard that the Oliver jacks should not be used for leveling. They are more than up for the task. I also try to limit the jack extension with lego style blocks which work well. If battery use is a worry, then you can always manually crank them down with the supplied hand crank. But with our Elite, power usage is minimal and has never put us at a disadvantage. YMMV. Dave
    1 point
  20. I bought a set before I left home this January, but all the sites we have been on since we left have been so close to level, I haven't used them yet. If a site is out of level side to side an inch or so I just use the rear jacks to level it up. I bought the Anderson levelers, because they looked easy to use, effective, and would save the levelers from some heavy lifting. So the jury is still out. Stay tuned. Grayson
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • ERIC B earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • joman earned a badge
      One Year In
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Year In
    • carpenter went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Powderkeg11 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      First Post
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Gene G. earned a badge
      One Year In
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • GregCA earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • FirstApex earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • Aaron Wolters earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • DBL-R went up a rank
      Explorer
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information