Remove the rain seal on the awning?

John E Davies

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, jd1923 said:

I'm assuming mine was removed by previous owner, replaced with a nice drip edge. Can somebody confirm who knows the OEM "rain seal?"

Roof Drip Edge.jpg

That’s not OEM.  That looks like what most of us have used to go around our windows.  The original seal is bigger and a different shape.  Mike

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
  • Moderator+
6 hours ago, jd1923 said:

I'm assuming mine was removed by previous owner, replaced with a nice drip edge. Can somebody confirm who knows the OEM "rain seal?"

Roof Drip Edge.jpg

Now that, I could buy into.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Lucy, Maggie and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

18 hours ago, jd1923 said:

That would be Trim-Lok Drip Rail.  Great for around the windows.  Looks like it could be great on the awning application as well.  Link is:  https://www.amazon.com/Trim-Lok-Drip-Rail-White-Height/dp/B01CJRH19Y?th=1

Scotty

• Thanks 1

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - 2016 Hull # 145   2024 Nissan Titan XD -   Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

1 hour ago, ScottyGS said:

That would be Trim-Lok Drip Rail.  Great for around the windows.  Looks like it could be great on the awning application as well.  Link is:  https://www.amazon.com/Trim-Lok-Drip-Rail-White-Height/dp/B01CJRH19Y?th=1

I have the trim lok drip rail above the windows and Oliver sign on rear of trailer, very satisfied with it. The Trim Lok is 1/2” deep/wide, I discovered this 3/4” deep/wide drip rail that should work great for below the awning.

• Like 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Roof Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter), added 400W Renogy Solar suitcase with Victron MPPT 100/30 CC, Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

3 hours ago, rich.dev said:

I have the trim lok drip rail above the windows and Oliver sign on rear of trailer, very satisfied with it. The Trim Lok is 1/2” deep/wide, I discovered this 3/4” deep/wide drip rail that should work great for below the awning.

you could do TWO Olivers with that.....   Nice... 

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - 2016 Hull # 145   2024 Nissan Titan XD -   Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

26 minutes ago, ScottyGS said:

you could do TWO Olivers with that.....   Nice...

Yup unfortunately only available in 40’ from what I could find, so that’s what I ordered 40’! 

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Roof Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter), added 400W Renogy Solar suitcase with Victron MPPT 100/30 CC, Truma water heater & AC

@jd1923 good job. I like the way you installed this well below the awning attachments. The original was nestled just below and touching those brackets which in turn creates a huge debris mess almost impossible to clean out. As pliable as this trim piece seems to be just curious if you considered with turning those end corners downward slightly to facilitate the flow of water out? 

Legacy Elite II #70

On 10/9/2024 at 6:01 PM, jd1923 said:

John, I threw my OEM rain seal out yeterday, sorry didn't look at a part number. Will be doing same as you with 3/4" wide J drip rail next week.  

23 hours ago, rich.dev said:

Yup unfortunately only available in 40’ from what I could find, so that’s what I ordered 40’! 

Run it down both sides, and then you likely don’t need them over the individual windows. It certainly is a nice installation @routlaw, though not to my credit on this one, was a past owner.

Our Oliver has been sitting outside for the last  5 months in the weather. Sun & wind and so many monsoon rains. So the backside, without a drip guard, has many dark dirty rain drip lines, but not on the entrance side.

They’re very hard to clean off, so I did a half-a$$’d attempt as not look like the total ghetto Oliver at the upcoming Texas Rally! (Ours is pretty inside and in maintenance and mods)! 🤣

Soon, I’ll buy more for the other side, so thanks y’all for the links. 

• Like 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

2 hours ago, rich.dev said:

John, I threw my OEM rain seal out yeterday, sorry didn't look at a part number.

Thanks Rich, not to worry.

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

• Moderators

Living where you do, @jd1923, you probably don't need either the oem seal nor what appears to be trimlock molding. 

In rainy east, we like ours. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.