Sign in to follow this  
JohnZ3

Auto Drain Option

Hi,

Can someone please explain the proper operation and use of this option? Should the valve be kept OPEN or CLOSED? I just got my trailer out of winter storage after bringing it home from Hohenwald in November. I was going over all of the systems to insure that everything works. I also looked at the owners manual and found parts diagrams, but no instructions for its use. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

John Z., Hull#405, '18 F150 EB

John & Eileen

2018 F150 EB Super Crew FX4

2018 Oliver Elite II Hull #405

John,

It is my understanding it should be closed during travel so the contents of the grey tank does not slosh up into the shower pan through the floor drain and open when in use.

Andrew

• Thanks 2

Andrew, Carianne and Buffy | San Diego, CA

2019 Legacy Elite II Hull #468 "California Burrito" | 2018 BMW x5 35d 

Andrew is correct.  Closed when traveling/storing.  Open when using.  If it is closed when water is going down the drain to the gray tank it will start to back up through the shower floor drain.  You can guess how I know....   Mike

Mike and Carol | Fair Oaks Ranch, TX | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram Rebel 4X4 5.7L Hemi

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpg

Thank you Mike (and Andrew), that is exactly what I experienced, however I was fortunate enough to be just using fresh water. That's how we learn. John

John & Eileen

2018 F150 EB Super Crew FX4

2018 Oliver Elite II Hull #405

Now that you know about "open" and "close" all you have to remember is to actually "open" and "close" it.  Don't ask me how I know this!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2017 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Now that you know about “open” and “close” all you have to remember is to actually “open” and “close” it. Don’t ask me how I know this!

Bill

I won’t ask because I know how you know!  I think about everyone has forgotten once or twice to open while setting up camp.  It gets  back to checklists/routines/flags/double checking/etc.  Mike

Mike and Carol | Fair Oaks Ranch, TX | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram Rebel 4X4 5.7L Hemi

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpg

"Certainly I can remember something as simple as THAT!"

Which is the reason I now carry 2 rugs for the bath floor so I can still have one to use while the other one is drying.

Bill

2017 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"