Jump to content

Looking for solution for charging multiple devices


Recommended Posts

We have 2 phones, a watch and a set of hearing aids that need charging. I would like to cut down on so many wires hanging, we charge at night usually.  I tried a device ordered on Amazon that has 6 charging ports but it was junk.  Does anyone have a good solution? Thanks in advance.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like this one.  It plugs in at the USB port on the nightstand between the beds.   So no cords hanging down.  The "Amazon Basics" brand stuff has always worked well for us.

GJ

image.png.87af6598402106816d4952a2b5279046.png

  • Like 3

Tug:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Trailer Tow, FX-4, 4X4, Rear Locker

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Highly recommend the Anker brand of USB chargers. We have several of their multi-point chargers and they have been flawless for about 5 years now.

Anker battery packs were what my (now former) airline provided to all of the pilots for use with our flight deck iPads. Don’t know if that’s a solid referral, but it should be. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We use this “cube” and like it so much we purchased a second one. We have it mounted at the rear of our night stand with a small piece of clear Velcro. 

27B0E0CA-E823-430A-A0EF-B6ABAC1B4887.thumb.png.2e6ccca93fa47336f6b140c9eb2d6060.png
 

We just use the plug at the top left hand side of ceiling. And neatly hide the charger cord behind self adhesive cable race way.

 

6D4CC1C8-2F2C-4EA2-B6E7-14CB0243C117.thumb.jpeg.db599c63e831d3d41d9d892b8b5b1142.jpeg

 

72795D40-6314-47FA-8F2E-409E678A7EF0.thumb.jpeg.bf9a7dfd06221b0fd1764b8154e94cd5.jpeg

  • Thanks 2
  • Like 7

0EED8E3B-D84E-4F0D-B52F-5E473FD3F2B4.jpeg.594e912d889377ce9a64a2f5c88ade83.jpeg

2020 OLEII - Hull #634   TV -2021 F 350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate “Tremor”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Patriot said:

We use this “cube”

Same one, set up the same way in our trailer. (BTW, newer model years don't have any USB or power ports on the nightstand.)

  • Like 3

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.e6391b9064a3f8f0951751f985664135.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Elimination of the power and data charge points from the nightstand IMHO was a very sad bean counter decision.  We use ours a LOT.  My condolences  to the owners suffering without the night stand utility ports and having to hang cords not only in the kitchen and dinning area, but now also the rear of the trailer. 

Frankly I would prefer all the high power points to be moved to lower locations where code would allow.  Up high under the upper cabinets is much less useful most of the time for us.

  • Like 5

Tug:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Trailer Tow, FX-4, 4X4, Rear Locker

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Geronimo John said:

Why not just plug it into one of the duplex outlets flanking the night stand?  It would avoid the visible cord from above?

GJ

There are no outlets flanking the night stand, hence the mod. On the newer model Olivers the number of outlets has been reduced. And a few inches of cord visible at that location is really not a distraction at all. At least for us! 😊

Patriot🇺🇸

  • Like 5

0EED8E3B-D84E-4F0D-B52F-5E473FD3F2B4.jpeg.594e912d889377ce9a64a2f5c88ade83.jpeg

2020 OLEII - Hull #634   TV -2021 F 350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate “Tremor”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Patriot said:

And a few inches of cord visible at that location is really not a distraction at all. At least for us! 😊

I am firmly in the camp that says exposed utilities that can be fully hidden show a lack of planning by the engineer or contractor.  So, on this one issue we diverge.  

That said, I have t agree that the hide job was well done!  

  • Like 4

Tug:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Trailer Tow, FX-4, 4X4, Rear Locker

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Caddymv said:

If youhave to drop down from above that is a nice clean look. Thanks for the idea

 

@Caddymvyou bet! Necessity was the mother of invention on this mod. 

  • Like 3

0EED8E3B-D84E-4F0D-B52F-5E473FD3F2B4.jpeg.594e912d889377ce9a64a2f5c88ade83.jpeg

2020 OLEII - Hull #634   TV -2021 F 350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate “Tremor”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I realize this is overkill but I already had this for use outdoors and away from the trailer. I place it on the nightstand, floor or counter and you can charhe 3 each of usb and 110ac gizmos. 
 

i agree that having a couple usb ports on each side of the nightstand was/would be a great feature to have. 
 

https://www.amazon.com/EF-ECOFLOW-Portable-Multiple-Recharge/dp/B08T1KY8SG/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=ecoflow+river&qid=1674411442&sr=8-3

  • Like 2

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not 100% sure where all the USB plugs are located in the Camper but one of my first projects when we get it will be to change out or add 12v and 115v USB plugs where needed. It's almost to the point with electronic devices to have these as standard items. 

 

image.jpeg.3dfb9adf3a775f05ecbf6ce287916878.jpegimage.jpeg.61f86053799f85bd329d3e5bb2c1facd.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
  • Like 4

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Deliver est. 04/18/23

States Visited Map

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have the standard floor plan so no nightstand.  We use one of these and plug it into the cigarette lighter port above the stove.  It has a Type C 30 watt fast charging port, two USB ports, plus you don't lose your cigarette lighter port so in theory you can charge 4 items at the same time.  It has a continuous readout of battery voltage as well. 

I typically charge my dog tracking collar, phone (fast charge) and Garmin InReach through it at the same time.  It has worked just fine so far.

image.thumb.png.d196c1feb989bf5f14968961642f4d1d.png

  • Thanks 3
  • Like 2

Steve and Lornie

LE II Standard  Hull #657  2004 4Runner 4.7 L V8

Oregon

COIDKSMOORTNUTWYmed.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

@Chukarhunter, thanks! That could really clean up some clutter in my truck.

 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. Dc compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chukarhunter said:

We have the standard floor plan so no nightstand.  We use one of these and plug it into the cigarette lighter port above the stove.  It has a Type C 30 watt fast charging port, two USB ports, plus you don't lose your cigarette lighter port so in theory you can charge 4 items at the same time.  It has a continuous readout of battery voltage as well. 

I typically charge my dog tracking collar, phone (fast charge) and Garmin InReach through it at the same time.  It has worked just fine so far.

image.thumb.png.d196c1feb989bf5f14968961642f4d1d.png

@Chukarhunter
A nice option for that port above the stove. I like the read out as well. 
 

  • Like 1

0EED8E3B-D84E-4F0D-B52F-5E473FD3F2B4.jpeg.594e912d889377ce9a64a2f5c88ade83.jpeg

2020 OLEII - Hull #634   TV -2021 F 350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate “Tremor”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Patriot said:

We use this “cube” and like it so much we purchased a second one. We have it mounted at the rear of our night stand with a small piece of clear Velcro. 

27B0E0CA-E823-430A-A0EF-B6ABAC1B4887.thumb.png.2e6ccca93fa47336f6b140c9eb2d6060.png
 

We just use the plug at the top left hand side of ceiling. And neatly hide the charger cord behind self adhesive cable race way.

 

6D4CC1C8-2F2C-4EA2-B6E7-14CB0243C117.thumb.jpeg.db599c63e831d3d41d9d892b8b5b1142.jpeg

 

72795D40-6314-47FA-8F2E-409E678A7EF0.thumb.jpeg.bf9a7dfd06221b0fd1764b8154e94cd5.jpeg

I like this idea, thank you

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Geronimo John said:

I like this one.  It plugs in at the USB port on the nightstand between the beds.   So no cords hanging down.  The "Amazon Basics" brand stuff has always worked well for us.

GJ

image.png.87af6598402106816d4952a2b5279046.png

Thank you for the info!  Our Ollie is a 2022 - wish we had those usb on the nightstand

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ollie-Haus said:

I'm not 100% sure where all the USB plugs are located in the Camper but one of my first projects when we get it will be to change out or add 12v and 115v USB plugs where needed. It's almost to the point with electronic devices to have these as standard items. 

 

image.jpeg.3dfb9adf3a775f05ecbf6ce287916878.jpegimage.jpeg.61f86053799f85bd329d3e5bb2c1facd.jpeg

Thanks we need the PD port for our phones and watch

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought something similar to the Anker but a little bigger. It also has a magnetic charger on top. I ran the power cable along the side of the rear window frame like in the picture posted by Patriot. I also bought some short 1ft usb charging cables as well. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078WQHXS9?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

  • Like 2

Martin & Annie, Austin, TX

2022 LE2, Hull#1240: MightyMo 

Tow Vehicle: 2016 F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Like 2

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Deliver est. 04/18/23

States Visited Map

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
11 hours ago, Geronimo John said:

Elimination of the power and data charge points from the nightstand IMHO was a very sad bean counter decision.

We have a 120v duplex outlet, a cigarette lighter outlet and a USB port on both sides of our nightstand.  I have kicked and broken a couple of USB connectors while sleeping, so we only use the ones on Krunch’s side.  As some of you know, she’s short enough that her feet can’t reach them while sleeping.😉

Mossey

  • Like 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Mountainman198 said:

 

I realize this is overkill but I already had this for use outdoors and away from the trailer. I place it on the nightstand, floor or counter and you can charhe 3 each of usb and 110ac gizmos. 
 

 

That is what I do also. I use Goal Zero’s version. Works well and it is nice to move it around where you need it. I have used it in several hotels or guest rooms also, when there are no close outlets. We also put it in our rooftop tent when we are sleeping up there. 
Kirk

  • Like 2

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Patriot said:

We use this “cube” and like it so much we purchased a second one.

@Patriot great solution, we love ANKER products and we didn’t realize that the outlets were all on the ceiling in the newer models.  Most of my opinions on that have already been expressed here so I won’t re-hash them.

This one is more expensive but I really like that it indicates your grounding status. Very nice install - thanks for the share.

You cannot see it in the first pic but it does have AC outlets on the back of the device.

Cheers,

Brian

 

6A598D9D-048C-4E92-BE11-4153CE93102E.jpeg

  • Like 4

Brian and Brandelyne

Paris, TN

2020 Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3L V-8 (Gas), 10 Speed, FX4, Max Tow Package, Firestone Airbags

2023 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Tail # TN 23-1351, Expected Delivery Date 3/08/2023

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...