Fuel Card

HDRider

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

Hard to find deals on fuel for gassers like you can get for the diesel.  I do try everything I can, like 10 cents/gal at Flying J and Loves using their apps, Exxon/Mobil app has rewards that can be applied to gas.

I also shop at Kroger, which has a "Boost" program that gives you a 10 cent/gal discount at Shell for every $100 you spend on deliveries.  Up to maximum $1 off/gal.

• Like 3

2023 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull #1405, "Rocinante"  TV: 2022 F-150 5.0 V8 4x4

States Visited MapMap of Provinces I Visited

We use this -https://myopenroads.com and really like the diesel fleet discount. We paid $2.92 @ a Travel America for a diesel fill up on one of our pit stops heading to the recent Oliver Rally. That’s our lowest price to date.
I also like using the high flow volume pumps and easier maneuvering our TV and Ollie into the trucker diesel stations. 
The free Open Roads app is very user friendly and there is no annual card fee. Check it out.👍🏻

Patriot🇺🇸

IMG_2480.thumb.jpeg.0b858a3cc8d6a2edb7fc20883be7008a.jpeg

• Like 4

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

We also shop at Krogers and use their Boost program for 10 cents off a gallon for every $100 you spend. 
I buy a lot from Amazon so we buy Amazon gift cards from Krogers and that gift card amount goes towards our Boost points. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

Another vote for open roads. I am also fortunate because there is a participating station near my home. Only disadvantage is that they have direct access to your bank account, like a debit card.  It hasn’t been an issue but I keep a close eye on it..

• Like 1

Robert and Cheryl, Louisville, KY, Legacy Elite II Hull #1390 Oliphino, TV F250 Tremor

54 minutes ago, Katjo said:

We also shop at Krogers and use their Boost program for 10 cents off a gallon for every $100 you spend. 
I buy a lot from Amazon so we buy Amazon gift cards from Krogers and that gift card amount goes towards our Boost points. 

That is smart, I buy too much from Amazon, I'll have to start buying gift cards from Krogers, too!  Thanks for the tip

• Like 3

2023 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull #1405, "Rocinante"  TV: 2022 F-150 5.0 V8 4x4

States Visited MapMap of Provinces I Visited

• Moderators

We use our Costco visa, 4% back on gas purchases pretty much anywhere but other warehouse clubs, and grocery store coded purchases,  up to 7000 annually , and mostly a Penfed card, 5 % back, on gas purchases.

The Penfed deal we've had for a very long time. Don't know if the card is still offered. 

We're not stuck looking for a particular brand, as we were in the days of our Exxon and BP cards. We do tend to look for costco gas stations along the way, as the price is always good, for gas. (Most don't have diesel) I think we paid $2.95 for regular gas in Columbia SC a few days ago, twenty cents less than most stations.

Every little bit helps.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

5 hours ago, Katjo said:

If you use Amazon a lot, would you get a better return if you used an Amazon Visa for your Amazon purchases? They give 5% back on Amazon purchases (including Whole Foods) and 2% back on gas purchases.

• Like 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

23 hours ago, Rolind said:

Another vote for open roads. I am also fortunate because there is a participating station near my home. Only disadvantage is that they have direct access to your bank account, like a debit card.  It hasn’t been an issue but I keep a close eye on it..

That’s right unless you set up and access acct for fuel purchases only. So far we have been very pleased with Open Roads fleet card. No interest charges like a traditional revolving C/C and the fuel is paid for is at point of sale at the pump, not borrowed and billed. With the range on our diesel TV it works out pretty well. 

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 5

IMG_2879.jpeg

Open Roads sounds pretty good

By joining our program you will have access to discount diesel prices at specified locations such as Loves and Travel Centers of America. Current members are saving an average of 30 to 40 cents per gallon off the pump price. There are no signup fees or membership fees to join. There are no long-term contracts to sign and no hidden fees.

https://myopenroads.com/

• Like 1

2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, HDRider said:

Open Roads sounds pretty good

By joining our program you will have access to discount diesel prices at specified locations such as Loves and Travel Centers of America. Current members are saving an average of 30 to 40 cents per gallon off the pump price. There are no signup fees or membership fees to join. There are no long-term contracts to sign and no hidden fees.

https://myopenroads.com/

We’ve found that Loves and the other major truck stops almost always have high diesel prices.  I always look for a Walmart, prices are always low.  On major routes most small towns have a Walmart close by, gives us a chance to walk around a bit too.  Even better are Buc-ee’s, always low price diesel, just not a lot of them around yet.  Quik Stops and supermarkets are also lower price.  Mike

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

9 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

We’ve found that Loves and the other major truck stops almost always have high diesel prices.  I always look for a Walmart, prices are always low.  On major routes most small towns have a Walmart close by, gives us a chance to walk around a bit too.  Even better are Buc-ee’s, always low price diesel, just not a lot of them around yet.  Quik Stops and supermarkets are also lower price.  Mike

You are right.  I just filled up with diesel at Walmart and paid $3.14, the lowest I have paid in three years.  I have always suspected Love and all are higher because most purchases are made with fleet cards.

The area around the pumps at Walmart gets very crowded as they are always the lowest price.

• Like 2

2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

4 hours ago, HDRider said:

You are right.  I just filled up with diesel at Walmart and paid $3.14, the lowest I have paid in three years.  I have always suspected Love and all are higher because most purchases are made with fleet cards.

The area around the pumps at Walmart gets very crowded as they are always the lowest price.

Yes, good point crowded diesel stations we always try to avoid. We have not seen many diesel stations that offer a lower price  than the Open Road fleet price. But we are always looking!

• Like 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderator+

Diesel is currently $3.12 in Tupelo at Walmart.

• Like 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

I can remember the days when these "tax & fee prices" were the full cost for an entire gallon of fuel...  just say'n

• Like 2

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2023 at 9:28 AM, Katjo said:

Fuel prices are high here in AZ!

Any of you on the Kroger grocery fuel points program, get their credit card! 
We have Fry's here in AZ and it's a Kroger company. No fees on this card. 

Kroger Rewards World Elite Mastercard® | Home 1-2-3 REWARDS Credit Card (krogermastercard.com)

SAVE AN ADDITIONAL 55¢ PER GALLON OF FUEL!
Each time you redeem at least 100 fuel points at Kroger Fuel Centers for the first year!

After the first year, you get still $.35 off instead of the $.10 per 100 grocery points. 
We could not survive the current inflation/economy without it!

• Like 3

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

1 hour ago, jd1923 said:

Fuel prices are high here in AZ!

Any of you on the Kroger grocery fuel points program, get their credit card! 
We have Fry's here in AZ and it's a Kroger company. No fees on this card. 

Kroger Rewards World Elite Mastercard® | Home 1-2-3 REWARDS Credit Card (krogermastercard.com)

SAVE AN ADDITIONAL 55¢ PER GALLON OF FUEL!
Each time you redeem at least 100 fuel points at Kroger Fuel Centers for the first year!

After the first year, you get still $.35 off instead of the $.10 per 100 grocery points. 
We could not survive the current inflation/economy without it!

Great tip!

• Like 2

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan