Oliver Dealership Network Expands

ScubaRx

• Moderator+

Scott Oliver called me today. This is the latest info on the dealerships. They now have confirmed dealers in seven different states. Georgia, Massachusetts, Virginia, North Carolina, Texas, Colorado and Oregon. The dealership in North Carolina is Bumgarner Camping Center, Inc. | Lenoir NC.  

If you already are in talks with Oliver sales in Hohenwald about purchasing an Oliver and finalize that transaction within the next 90 days, you will have your sale and delivery handled in Hohenwald.

Starting now, if you call Oliver sales in Hohenwald requesting information about buying an Oliver from a state that has a dealer, your call will be transferred to that dealership. They will handle your order and delivery from that point forward. If you don’t want to deal with that particular dealership for whatever reason, you may choose any other dealership in the nation. The reason the agreement is set up in this fashion is to avoid a conflict between the dealerships and the factory. You can still buy from a dealer of your choice and take delivery in Hohenwald if you so desire. Factory tours are still available.

Two trailers were shipped today from Oliver to the dealership in Georgia. One of them is already been bought.

• Thanks 3
  • Like 7

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

@ScubaRx Great news!! 🤩
We purchased our first Overland Camper an Intech “Pursue” from Bumgarner Camping Center in Lenoir. This is a small family owned business and they were excellent to deal with in both the sale and service of our former Intech. We actually know the owners and are excited for them to now be an Oliver sales and service center. The Bumgarner's are really fine folks and only an hour away from our home.

Patriot🇺🇸

• Thanks 1
  • Like 9

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KMF said:

What if you are in a state with no dealership? Sales and service through Tennessee?

You can deal with the factory or go to any authorized dealer.  Warranty service can still be done at a local business and reimbursed by Oliver.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 10

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

@Patriot, that is a great recommendation.  Thank you for sharing your personal experience.  They're just a little over an hour from our camping property in WNC! 

We've been through Lenoir, and it seems like a nice little city, with plenty of restaurants (especially great bbq), and plenty of nice (and pet-friendly) lodging. A short drive to Blowing Rock as well, and all it has to offer.

This is a big win for those of us in the Carolinas. (Even us part-timers. 😀)

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Most certainly there is a list but as one might imagine, the actual signing of contracts and getting product to these "new" Ollie dealers is currently a very recent and fluid affair which seems to be changing (with additions) daily.

I'm sure that in due course Oliver will release a complete list and I would think that this will be in the near future.

Bill

• Like 5

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Today Oliver posted on their Facebook page with 2 E-2's heading out on a flatbed for the Georgia Dealer I believe.

Great photo with most of the employees.

Then a former Oliver employee trashed Oliver and told people that there was all types of wood in the Oliver. Wood drawer covers, wood battery door, wood pantry door. Wood walls (front bulkhead wall, and more. It was a rabid dog foaming at the mouth. Claims her Mom said they were replacing rotted wood. Oliver deleted the comments. Like being on a bronco at the rodeo. People are down right nasty.

• Wow 1

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

• Moderators

Pretty cool!

Screenshot_20231215_190537_Facebook.jpg

• Like 7

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 hour ago, John Dorrer said:

Then a former Oliver employee trashed Oliver and told people that there was all types of wood in the Oliver. Wood drawer covers, wood battery door, wood pantry door. Wood walls (front bulkhead wall, and more. It was a rabid dog foaming at the mouth. Claims her Mom said they were replacing rotted wood. Oliver deleted the comments. Like being on a bronco at the rodeo. People are down right nasty.

Only the good ones use excess beautiful wood from Foy…

Also Oliver does use a good amount of wood in certain areas of the trailer.  This is not a negative IMO. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ChrisMI said:

Also Oliver does use a good amount of wood in certain areas of the trailer.  This is not a negative IMO. 

Not a negative, as long as it stays dry... Our Ollie had wood in the basement that had gotten wet over the years that needed replacement. Thankfully not structural and it was an easy fix using PVC board.

• Like 2

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

23 minutes ago, ChrisMI said:

Only the good ones use excess beautiful wood from Foy…

Correct on Foy. Not sure about wood elsewhere, except drawers. At least I haven't found any while doing inspection and maintenance. Oliver has a new bathroom door in the 2024's, which is a big improvement. They are using some composites for things like the pantry door, and access panels under the bed and dinette seats, but no wood in any composite products.

Need to talk my wife into some of Foys custom work😊

• Like 2

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

5 hours ago, John Dorrer said:

<snip>

Today it was reported that defamation cost a well known person $148,000,000.  Sometimes there are consequences to untrue statements.  

• Like 4

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

• Moderator+
5 hours ago, ChrisMI said:

I was not aware of that. Where is the wood located? What Hull # do you have?

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderator+
2 hours ago, Wandering Sagebrush said:

Today it was reported that defamation cost a well known person $148,000,000.  Sometimes there are consequences to untrue statements.  

Yep.

• Like 3

• Moderators

At least in my Ollie - there is wood in the drawers and behind the drawers, wood on the interior of the microwave area and wood in the panel between the both and the forward dinette seat.

Of course, all of this wood is reasonably well protected from water and is not part of the integral structure of the Oliver.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

8 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

I was not aware of that. Where is the wood located? What Hull # do you have?

I would think your trailer would have similar wood usage to @topgun2.  I was under the impression that a limited amount was used in the closet and of course in all the drawers. As I said before I’d like to have more wood used in protected areas throughout the trailer.  Personally giving up 500ish lbs of useful load for thick countertops, wood faced drawers, and higher quality fixtures would be ideal. Think the interior of a nice yacht vs a racing sailboat.  Unfortunately, we took delivery after Oliver limited the options for countertops. Hull number…not sure somewhere in the 1070’s to 1080’s.  Can’t confirm it’s in storage right now. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm guessing Scubarx was only thinking about the monocoque fiberglass hull, and molded furniture and inner hull,  not the non-structural drawer unit. 

The wood floors on some other brands of molded fiberglass trailers, and in Airstreams and other brands, and stick and staple framing, have of course been water and rot and separation issues for some owners of other brands.  Those issues we'll never have to deal with, as Ollie owners. 

My 2008, like every other Oliver, has the beautifully constructed (but heavy) drawer unit, and a few bits of (usually laminated or encased) plywood where fiberglass or plastic is impractical. (I have the old school heavy tabletops, for example. There's a thin piece plywood under the fiberglass tabletop.) Lids for my storage compartments under the seats are plywood, with a laminate top. 

After seeing moisture damage in  a bunch of used sob trailers, noting failure in spots everywhere from floors to cabinet doors in various units, we found the Oliver's monocoque construction, and extremely limited use of wood elsewhere (and only non-structural, protected areas) to be refreshing. And, 16 seasons in, no moisture issues with any of the drawer unit, nor any of the limited other bits of wood in my unit. Nor, of course, the fiberglass structure.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators
16 hours ago, John Dorrer said:

Oliver has a new bathroom door in the 2024's, which is a big improvement.

Tell me more, John? 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

At our last service visit in October, I was told that the new bathroom door will be identical to the current closet door only with a mirror attached to it. This should/will allow the door to be made by Oliver in house. The mirror would still be out sourced and attached to door. This new door/mirror will be a more rigid door than the present one. There is a possibility of this also being a retro fit. We’ll see! 😊

Patriot🇺🇸

• Thanks 5
  • Like 4

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

11 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Tell me more, John? 

Rodney shared with me yesterday that they replaced the bathroom  door with a more solid door. Not sure whether they made the doors in house or out sourced. He said the door had been discussed for sometime. Also not sure what the actual construction of the old door was and what the construction is for the new door. That's all I know.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, topgun2 said:

At least in my Ollie - there is wood in the drawers and behind the drawers, wood on the interior of the microwave area and wood in the panel between the both and the forward dinette seat.

Of course, all of this wood is reasonably well protected from water and is not part of the integral structure of the Oliver.

Bill

Forgot about the microwave framing and drawer framing. All protected.

• Like 3