Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 04/23/2017 in all areas

  1. [attachment file=20170420_183455.jpg] I just completed the installation of a 14 gauge 304 stainless counter top. BTW I've posted this twice before and it never showed up here in the forum?
    6 points
  2. Since DavidS was kind enough to post a Battery Charge Status chart for the Trojan AGM batteries, I thought that there just might be others that would be interested in a similar chart for the Trojan T-105's. So, here it is! Bill
    2 points
  3. My TPMS instruction manual said "We recommend using a little Anti - Seize Thread Lubricant on the valve stem to prevent corrosion do [sic] to dissimilar metals. You can purchase the Anti-Seize Lubricant at most auto parts stores." I bought this from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002UEOLO/
    1 point
  4. Removed the flexible hose yesterday and ordered a new one, waiting on it to arrive. Will do some cleaning, too. Here's a closer look without flex hose in the bumper storage area:
    1 point
  5. I agree with John that the iTunes sync does not work well for most files. I only use iTunes sync for my music and my backups. John recommends FileBrowser. Looks good. For years I have used a similar product, called GoodReader. https://itunes.apple.com/app/id777310222?mt=8. Awesome app, and the easiest way to transfer files from a computer via cable is with the free GoodReaderUSB app. http://www.goodreader.com/goodreader-usb.html My main method for storing pdf files of instruction manuals is Dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com. Dropbox is a cloud syncing solution. The free account gives you 2 GB of space. I have a desktop computer at work, and I store all of my current projects in folders there. Dropbox automatically syncs these documents to my laptop for use at home or while traveling. I can also access all of these documents from anyone’s computer, using a web browser, by logging into my Dropbox account. Finally, I can access these documents on my iPhone or iPad using the Dropbox app. They also have an android app. One of my folders on my Dropbox is called PDF Instruction Manuals. I have folders in there for Cameras, Computers, Home Appliances, Printers, etc, etc. I do keep all of my instruction manuals in a file cabinet drawer. However, the specific paper manual can be hard to find. For me, there are big advantage of reading the instruction manual pdf on the computer instead of the paper version. These are the search functions, both to find the correct manual and to search for specific text within the manual. For the past few years I have downloaded the user manual pdf for everything I have purchased, and put it in my Dropbox. This has proven useful on many occasions! I have an Oliver folder in my Dropbox, and there I have one folder there called Component PDFs. I keep the OTT Owners Manual there, along with pdf manuals for all of the Oliver components, i.e. Blue Sky Solar, Furrion Radio, Pentair Water Pump, etc. (When my trailer was being built, I asked Christine in the Oliver Office for a pdf version of the Owners Manual, and she couldn’t fathom what I meant. Fortunately, Buzzy subsequently posted a link to his Dropbox, which had a pdf version of the OTT Owners Manual. Thanks, Buzzy! Then Karen and Reed posted the 2017 Owners Manual, and I grabbed that too, even though I have a 2016 model. Thanks, Lukens!). I have a separate folder for instruction manuals for all stuff I have purchased for Ollie, such as my stove, the TPMS, the brake controller, the walkie talkies, etc. Never know when I will need these. In the Checklists folder I have my camp arrival, camp departure, winterizing checklists, along with other people’s checklists that I used to make my own. One advantage of a digital system is that my Sanitizing the Fresh Water System checklist was made by copy/paste from the OTT manual. One thing that is really helpful is to use the highlighting feature that pdf reader programs have. It is like using a yellow highlighter pen, but on the electronic document. If I yellow highlight something on my computer that is stored in Dropbox, the highlight is still there when I open it on my phone. This has proved useful on many occasions, particularly with the instruction manuals for my cameras. You should be aware that Dropbox syncs all folders to your computers (unless you specifically say only certain folders), but for the iPhone or iPad the default behavior of the program is to not store the files on your phone, but to download the file when you click on it. You can click on a setting for any specific file and have it permanently downloaded for offline use. This is useful for large files you use frequently, or for files you want to have when you have no cell service, such as when boondocking. Goodreader has great tools for reading, searching and highlighting, and it can open up files stored in your Dropbox. One last thing. To increase the security of your Dropbox account, I highly recommend turning on Two Factor Authentication. Finally for people who use the Kindle software, you can use the Send to Kindle app to send your own content, such as pdf files to whatever Kindle device you use. https://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle. Kindle has good search and highlighting tools. David
    1 point
  6. The top photo is everything in place, the second photo is everything that I store in there, plus the hose end caps you can't see, there's still some room too. If you look you'll see the elbow. That the hose connected and that 90° elbow stay connected, this way I have more flexibility if the valve leaked beforehand. I think the always attached hose is 15 feet and the other is their 10 foot extension, so 25 feet total. You can also see the end flares which allow all the connectors to move in and out of the storage area. Edit - don't know what happened to the first photo when I clicked submit, oh well.
    1 point
  7. Yup, you've missed something... And can read about it here - http://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/tsb-galley-drawers/
    1 point
  8. Before we sold our Ollie I considered cutting a hole in the bottom of the storage compartment and running a permanent 90 degree elbow through the bottom with a bayonet fitting for the slinky. this was following a black tank "event" in a commercial Campground where the hose disconnected from the factory fitting. What a mess. Thankfully it was 6:00 AM and I was able to get it hosed off before anyone was awake. it may not be visually appealing but the conventional sewer connection on the side of most trailers is much more practical, and easier to use.
    1 point
  9. Same here, put a clear 45° elbow and attached 1 section of Rhino, then I compress and store another section and I took one of those angled bridge supports divided it in half and both halves got in there too. There is enough room to work the Rhino connector so I would think there should be enough to get that camlock fitting on and clamped (I wouldn't undo it) and store it in there. If you noticed the ends of the opening are widened to allow the larger fittings to be pushed in and then they won't just slide out anywhere. They make the whole thing themselves, so if you want to engineer the bottom plate to be open in that area they would probably work with you on it.
    1 point
  10. Well it was awesome to get inside of an Ollie and see and feel one up close. I thought it would be very impressive and I was correct. Now for the really BIG NEWS....Carole Loves It!!!!!!!!! She had been doubtful (mainly about the size especially the bathroom) but being in one blew her mind! She was intrigued with the way it was constructed, the installed systems as Stan and Linda explained them, and even though the bath is a tad small, she saw how it has everything one needs. Her words to me: cute, easy to clean, purposeful, mobile,. She truly loved it. Now we continued some tire kicking about an hour away looking at Leisure Vans and other small rigs on Mercedes 3500 chassis. I figured she would like those more ... a little larger but not too large, nice banyas, etc. but she liked the LE2 more. The needle has moved significantly in the direction of Oliver for us. I'm so glad she got a close look, she was dead set against it, had a hard time visualizing, I think she thought it much smaller than it really is. Once again a heartfelt thanks to Stan & Linda for taking time out of their weekend to give us a tour, they are very nice folks.
    1 point
  11. I wish I had known that way back when. I visited Yosemite in July 2002 on a backpacking trip and was totally bummed. Yosemite falls was just a trickle, I drew an arrow to the wet spot in my pictures and labeled the falls otherwise you would not even have known it was a there! I didn't realize how things dried up there in the summers. It was still stunningly beautiful though. I love the high sierras. Hope you have a wonderful trip! Yvonne
    1 point
  12. To everybody traveling the Trace, make sure you honk as you go by our house in Tupelo... Or better yet, stop and sit a spell.
    1 point
  13. Sherry, that is what I was planning to do. But not have a one way valve. There needs to be a new and completely separated 1/2 inch vent hose coming off the top of the unused black tank, going out the bottom of the trailer for venting and overflow, just like the other tanks. I don''t want to get into all the details of the mod I have in mind since it got discussed pretty heavily in the other thread. It won't take a lot of work to replumb the system. John Davies Spokane WA
    1 point
  14. Update on my solar charging situation. I got a call back from Ryan at Blue Sky who took Boz's place for troubleshooting support. Prior to his call I inspected the wiring hook ups to the controller and they looked and felt secure. I then carefully tried to insert the controller into the box clearing any interferance that I could while monitoring charger output. I was able to get the cover on and all 4 screws firmly engaged but not enough to compress the cover onto the components and wiring and the charging operation continued. For now I figured "close enough" and then put a couple of strips of gorilla tape over the cover to the box to prevent movement if the screws back off, (unlikely). I will continue to monitor for normal operation, but did think that I could use 1/4" spacers and longer screws as more of a final home brew solution if I don't see any more anomolies. Ryan thought that I might have a soft solder joint from the prior compression interferance. If I have another anomolie I will probably send him the controller for inspection and repair. I think ultimately that Oliver has an opportunity to make an improvement in its installation drawings relative to wiring routing and clearances of components since this condition has occured for others. More as it develops. George
    1 point
  15. One other thing about the Blue Sky system. Last week we spent four delightful days boondocking on BLM land on the Colorado River outside Moab. There would be no shore power, so before the trip I wanted to be sure that I understood the Blue Sky controller, so I could verify that it was charging correctly. Reading through the manual was tough, but I found the Blue Sky web site has good videos. http://www.blueskyenergyinc.com/faq/ The Programming Your IPN Pro Remote video was especially helpful for me. Note the Chapters button just to the left of the full screen button, that allows you to jump to the section you want. David
    1 point
  16. Buzzy, Thanks for posting these numbers. Before I ordered my 2016 Elite II, I did research on batteries, and ended up ordering the AGM battery upgrade. During my research I found a good web site http://www.marxrv.com/12volt/12volt.htm and they had a nice printable table for Voltage vs State of Charge http://www.marxrv.com/12volt/voltchart1.gif, and I posted it inside the pantry door. The numbers on my printed table are quite different from your numbers. I searched the internet, and mostly found the same data as in my chart. However, when I looked at the Trojan Battery web site, I found your numbers for their AGM batteries. http://www.trojanbattery.com/pdf/TrojanBattery_UsersGuide.pdf. Importantly, the numbers at the critical 50% point are quite different for deep cycle (12.06) vs. AGM (12.24). I made new table in the same green / yellow / red style, if anyone with AGM batteries wants to print it out. Thanks again, Buzzy, David
    1 point
  17. I love hearing stories like this! They sure were blessed to have you find them and give them a place of peace to rest for the night. Moments like that remind me of the olden days when people were full of courage and integrity. Not that I am old - barely pushing 35 here, maybe I am just an old soul. Thank you for sharing.
    1 point
  18. If anyone is going to "do the Trace" on the way to (or from) the Rally and you plan on staying overnight at any of the Trace campgrounds I would suggest planning on setting up camp no later than 3 pm or so in order to make sure you get a spot. Free is good! Bill
    1 point
  19. Good news :) We received a bunch of boxes today and one of them was the new Bathroom Door. It took maybe 10 to 15 minutes to replace, it was real easy. This door is a lot stiffer then the old door that broke. From day 1 the old door was wobbly and this one is real solid. So we are thinking that it must have been cracked or weakened before it was ever sent to Oliver in the first place because you couldn't see any difference between them. I did also notice that the screws in the door plate were loose today, so I tightened them as well. Then the other boxes were our used Cobb Grill that we won on eBay over the weekend. It looks like it was used once and then someone took it into the Salvation Army and then they put it on eBay with a starting bid of $50... Karen was the only bidder, everything was still new and in the original boxes :) So today was a great day :)
    1 point
  20. I suspect many owners have had, or continue to have, issues with their Blue Sky gear. Despite that realization, I believe Blue Sky gear is the best-of-the-best. Just like an Ollie! Last summer I had my issues and worked closely with Steve (ScubaRX), Tommy and Boz. At the time, Tommy mentioned to me how there was not a depth of knowledge in problem solving Blue Sky issues within OTT. I was not certain Tommy had an opportunity to train co-workers prior to leaving OTT. Also, my research indicated no Blue Sky service technicians within my New England region. In addition, OTT has now migrated away from Blue Sky to Zamp. That all adds up to a strong need for growing knowledge within our community of Forum members and document our work within the Forum history files. I believe if we are unsuccessful with this task, the day could come when we would need to switch out our gear for Zamp as the problem solution. In my view, that would be disappointing. As we craft a path forward, I believe we should each document in some way our problem(s) and solution(s) so we can assemble a trouble shooting guide. The reason I say this is due to my experience with two issues. One issue involved a loose wire between the shunt and the monitor. That could happen at any time to any owner. The other issue involved a lack of understand on how to reboot the controller. Once again, a base of knowledge we all need. Buzzy
    1 point
  21. George, It is good you notified Jason. Keep in mind the newly built Ollie trailers will come equipped with Zamp gear in place of the Blue Sky. I believe you may have the Blue Sky Solar Boost 2512iX-HX installed. (You should verify that assumption by looking at the markings on the cover panel.) If that is true, please review Page 7 of the manual in great detail. The Setup and Wiring Diagram will guide you when using your multi-meter. I asked the question regarding your battery choice for a reason. Please keep in mind you must never allow the controller to equalize your AGMs. That process will fry your batteries and they would need to be replaced. There are two methods for turning off the equalization function within the controller. The first method involves setting the Dip Switch #4 to the "off" position. You would need to pop the cover and understand the layout of the internals. Your system should have been configured in this fashion at time of installation. My feeling is, you should double check that this was done with your own eyes. The second method involves a knowledge of the configuration parameters as accessed via the monitor. I developed a knowledge of both methods and set both to prohibit equalization of my AGMs. You may need coaching to work with the multiple layers of parameters. A word to the wise. The OTT staff may not have all the information you require. Our Forum or Boz may be your best sources. Buzzy
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • BluegrassRetiredChick earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • BluegrassRetiredChick earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • joman earned a badge
      One Year In
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Year In
    • carpenter went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Powderkeg11 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      First Post
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Gene G. earned a badge
      One Year In
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • GregCA earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • FirstApex earned a badge
      Dedicated
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information